Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] OST Feedback

• This thread is locked
PAGES (43)down
31 Dec 2020, 09:18 AM

Transfer 10fuel from Tier1 to Battlephase1

I think that should have been kept in the preview patch and not reverted.
Pip
31 Dec 2020, 14:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2020, 05:39 AMKT610

HQ:
- Pionier
- Grenadier (from T1 to HQ)

T1:
- HMG42 (from HQ to T1)
- Osttruppen (Commannder)
- Panzergrenadier (requires Battle Phase 1)
- Mörser
- Scharfschütze
- Unlocks Panzerfausts for Grenadiers

I Think moving Pgrens to T1 but still require Battle phase, and having T1 required for Panzerfausts. Would buff Grens and make T1 effectively mandatory for Ostheer.

The issue is that Tier 1 is still pretty much mandatory if it locks Fausts for Grens behind it, even if Grens come from tier 0. Allies (UKF and SOV mostly) have ULVs that will flatten Grenadiers without their Fausts. It's less an issue for Osttruppen, due to their lower model cost.

Im uncertain if this will solve anything.

(Plus, y'know, Grens without MGs aren't hugely strong)
31 Dec 2020, 16:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2020, 06:41 AMmongman
why should we restructure ostheers tech because of osttrupen tho? just keep it as is and work on osttruppen instead of mixing up the whole faction

Because it's a way to fix overall situation.
3 Jan 2021, 00:02 AM

I think that should have been kept in the preview patch and not reverted.

Agreed. It is the simplest change that doesn't reshuffle the Panzergrenadiers in the tech tree. Although the 10 fuel might affect light vehicle rush, can't say for sure as I don't seriously play Wehrmacht.
4 Jan 2021, 10:19 AM

Another thing that is worth mentioning is that changes to ATG is another blow to Osttruppen utility since recrewing ATG is will go from bad to suicidal.

That will make Osttruppen have even less utility.
4 Jan 2021, 20:08 PM

V5

Ostheer changes

Brummbar
The Brummbar is receiving a slight reduction in its armor to reduce its durability against massed AT fired. Its high damage alpha against infantry will be retained to make it a desirable unit.
- Armor from 260 to 250

Grenadier Veteran Squad Leader
The G43 is being replaced with the Volksgrenadier StG 44 to lower the firepower of the VSL upgrade. The G43 gave the unit high burst damage when combined with Grenadier rifles due to each shot dealing 16 damage and significant firepower when on the moving. The weapon may be adjusted in the future to find a middle ground between both weapons. It will also add more flavour to the faction with the regular G43 upgrade in mind.
- Grenadier G43 changed to Volksgrenadier StG 44
4 Jan 2021, 20:30 PM

V5

Ostheer changes

Brummbär sucked and got an armor buff pre patch. Gets armor nerfed again in the update?
4 Jan 2021, 20:34 PM

Brummbär sucked and got an armor buff pre patch. Gets armor nerfed again in the update?

Yes, because brummbar no longer sucks and is apex predator on level of old ISU atm.
4 Jan 2021, 20:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I checked and it was 240 before.

In conjunction with Soviets Penals i think the units is gonna be the Terran Bunker of COH2 at this point.
5 Jan 2021, 01:58 AM

V5

Ostheer changes

Thanks for killing Ost late games, while Allies strong callin infantry are untouched?

Brumbar nerf is a joke, when it has to face 60TD.
5 Jan 2021, 02:01 AM

I checked and it was 240 before.

In conjunction with Soviets Penals i think the units is gonna be the Terran Bunker of COH2 at this point.

260 - 240 - 260 - 250, which also effected vet!

range 40 - 35

But it is up against 60TD, this is kinda nonsense allies heavy armor like churchill and kv tanks get the free pass, even the BD sherman too. All these are more mobile/tankier.
5 Jan 2021, 02:08 AM

260 - 240 - 260 - 250, which also effected vet!

range 40 - 35

But it is up against 60TD, this is kinda nonsense allies heavy armor like churchill and kv tanks get the free pass, even the BD sherman too. All these are more mobile/tankier.

Maybe that has something to do with the fact that pretty much nobody uses KV/Churchill/Bulldozer in serious games, whereas Brummy is a standard part of OST late game compositions in all game modes.
5 Jan 2021, 02:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2021, 02:08 AMDharx

Maybe that has something to do with the fact that pretty much nobody uses KV/Churchill/Bulldozer in serious games, whereas Brummy is a standard part of OST late game compositions in all game modes.

nobody uses KV/Churchill/BD?

Receipts please. In my 1000 ranked 2v2, they are used as often as brumbar.
I seen top replays using them in 1v1.
You sure?

So my theory is right, less used units = more buffs needed?
But no, the 3 allies units are used often.
5 Jan 2021, 02:39 AM

really not a fan of the brummbar nerfs to range and armour, while I completely agree with the munitions cost for bunker bust any further nerfs are unjustified as it's a critical late game unit that punishes blobbers and the only thing that brought it back from the dead was when it's armour was brought BACK after the overnerf, its still incredibly counterable with skilled play right now
5 Jan 2021, 02:42 AM

nobody uses KV/Churchill/BD?

Receipts please. In my 1000 ranked 2v2, they are used as often as brumbar.
I seen top replays using them in 1v1.
You sure?

So my theory is right, less used units = more buffs needed?
But no, the 3 allies units are used often.

in my top 80 2v2, alies dont use M4 105 nor churchill anymore. KV is rarely. TD is 1 thing but AT gun is anohter.
5 Jan 2021, 02:52 AM

i cant speak for top 80, but these units are common in lower rank plays and as much, if not more frustrating to counter as ost and no reason why brumbar is touched but they are not.

and since they are less used in top 80 play, a similar nerf to their armor, wont affect top players!
5 Jan 2021, 03:02 AM

the point i am making is while the brumbar alpha strike is deadly, you need a lot of micro, it can be easily warded off with 60TD. It is needed to counter allies late game infantry and ATG.

unlike the opposite, allies heavy AI tanks are more mobile and posed a lot more problems to ost without a 60TD and small squad sizes.

conclusion further nerfs to brumbar, even a 10 armor in V5, is totally unjustified. after you guys kill off Ostt and VSL in the same mod!

whats next? assgren sprint takes double cooldown time?

just because brumbar has more % to hold up against AT fire?
Isnt that the point of late game progression?
5 Jan 2021, 03:20 AM

260 armour is already penned at over 80% rate by allied TDs, not sure why the armour is being nerfed on the Brummbar? Seems a bit unnecessary and it's hardly a unit you can send on its own around late game.
5 Jan 2021, 03:25 AM

Alies got nerfed too. 60 range TD nerf pen vet, rocket atry got nerf reload. Cornet nerfed hard, USF Howie, M8 Scott nerfed to useless state.
is it a fair trade for brumbar nerf ?
5 Jan 2021, 03:34 AM

Alies got nerfed too. 60 range TD nerf pen vet, rocket atry got nerf reload. Cornet nerfed hard, USF Howie, M8 Scott nerfed to useless state.
is it a fair trade for brumbar nerf ?

I was talking base penetrations, allied TDs only see vet pen nerfs. Firefly actually stands a chance if a tank gets in 'under the guns' now.

Everyones' rocket arty got nerfed.

Comet may be getting nerfed too hard but it was OP for a long time.

I'm not sure what to make of the Scott changes, will leave that to others.
PAGES (43)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS