Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] General Discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (44)down
23 Dec 2020, 19:11 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2020, 17:49 PMVipper
As long as the original crew has its target size reduced to keep the it performance the same the change is good and it should actually be expanded to include HMG.

Yep, i think this would be fair.
23 Dec 2020, 19:28 PM

In general, v4 looks much better. I like the global smoke improvements.

Soviets are still going to have a hard time in the late game in 4v4. The ISU should have been nerfed in the same patch as the JT and Ele. Soviets don't have the freedomblob/Jackson/Calliope combo or 5-man sections/Firefly that other factions use. The new T70 feels really non-lethal. It's okay in a comp stop but feels like it won't be good against humans.
Pip
23 Dec 2020, 19:48 PM

Yep, i think this would be fair.

Do HMGs in particular need to be nerfed in this way? Team weapons in general become quite weak in the lategame, given regular troops' vastly improved damage output by that stage.

AT guns i sort of understand, they're not intended to fight infantry, and are supposed to be heavily screened... but HMGs seem quite the opposite.
23 Dec 2020, 20:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2020, 19:48 PMPip

Do HMGs in particular need to be nerfed in this way? Team weapons in general become quite weak in the lategame, given regular troops' vastly improved damage output by that stage.

AT guns i sort of understand, they're not intended to fight infantry, and are supposed to be heavily screened... but HMGs seem quite the opposite.

MG/Mortar crews already have 1.25 size. The change should only meant for when they get recrewed by other infantry, as those retain their original size/armor.

I don' think the change would be that bad.
I also want support weapons to get similar defensive bonuses to RA to account for infantry vet as well and have suggested changes in regards to why support weapons become weak late game (mostly mortar/MG).
Pip
23 Dec 2020, 20:04 PM

MG/Mortar crews already have 1.25 size. The change should only meant for when they get recrewed by other infantry, as those retain their original size/armor.

I don' think the change would be that bad.
I also want support weapons to get similar defensive bonuses to RA to account for infantry vet as well and have suggested changes in regards to why support weapons become weak late game (mostly mortar/MG).

Sure, though do recrewed HMGs/Mortars need to be worse than they are now, out of the gate?

I'm inclined to suggest they get survivability bonuses through something other than Veterancy though, as i mentioned the last time this came up. Team weapons are rather uniquely vulnerable to wiping due to their relative immobility, I think some sort of global upgrade would likely be more effective in making them useful lategame than relying on them vetting up to not die.
23 Dec 2020, 21:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2020, 20:04 PMPip

Sure, though do recrewed HMGs/Mortars need to be worse than they are now, out of the gate?

I'm inclined to suggest they get survivability bonuses through something other than Veterancy though, as i mentioned the last time this came up. Team weapons are rather uniquely vulnerable to wiping due to their relative immobility, I think some sort of global upgrade would likely be more effective in making them useful lategame than relying on them vetting up to not die.

I only agreed for MGs, specially now that they are receiving a couple of buffs. I think it's a way to make it easier to balance the performance of support weapons rather than their vulnerability been rather than if they had already been decrewed early game and now they are using normal main line infantry crew.

Vet is there to counter vet, not increase lethality based on artillery or weapon upgrades.
23 Dec 2020, 22:03 PM

As a QoL improvement, would people like ATGs and TDs to have Vehicle Priority on by default?

This would mean newly built ATGs and AT vehicles, recrewed ATGs and recrewed Jacksons/M10s would all have Vehicle Priority by default so you wouldn't need to toggle it on all the time.

The only real downside is that it's gonna take everyone some time to adjust to it.
23 Dec 2020, 22:05 PM

As a QoL improvement, would people like ATGs and TDs to have Vehicle Priority on by default?

This would mean newly built ATGs and AT vehicles, recrewed ATGs and recrewed Jacksons/M10s would all have Vehicle Priority by default.

YES!
23 Dec 2020, 22:06 PM

This would mean newly built ATGs and AT vehicles, recrewed ATGs and recrewed Jacksons/M10s would all have Vehicle Priority by default.

I think that its a good idea, i believe most people put them on vehicle priority the moment they hit the field, as shooting at inf is mostly pointless with these units.
23 Dec 2020, 22:15 PM

This would mean newly built ATGs and AT vehicles, recrewed ATGs and recrewed Jacksons/M10s would all have Vehicle Priority by default so you wouldn't need to toggle it on all the time.

The only real downside is that it's gonna take everyone some time to adjust to it.

SANDER SAID IT, it has to happen now!

Please, balance team, pleeeease!

Edit: on a less whiny note, it would be pure QoL. Not sure the last time an AT gun killed someone with primary fire.
23 Dec 2020, 23:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yes. I'll rather have to toggle to let it shoot at whatever than viceversa.

snip

Use the other thread.

23 Dec 2020, 23:42 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

dedicated AT units starting with "target AT" active is a good idea :thumbsup:

would also remove main gun crits from ladder while i was at it
24 Dec 2020, 00:09 AM

Swap Main Gun Crit for an engine snare crit and do so at either 15% or 20%.that means crits only happen when a vehicle is getting nickle and dimed, all serious AT is balanced aroumd 160 dmg or is beefy rnough

Provides low pen AT Units a value towards the end of armor engagements, but not too much. Also reinforces a core mechanic instead of adding more complexity.

It would be a huge buff to PTRS penals through, giving them a built-in snare if the opponent doesnt react fast enough.

...or just remove MGC, she's unnecessary complexity.
24 Dec 2020, 02:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2020, 17:30 PMGrumpy

This is a change to RA, not damage so it won't affect how much damage the pak takes from Katy's.

It's a larger nerf to Soviets, as they generally have worse RA to start. OKW takes a hit because the raketen has lower range and more likely to be hit with small arms.

Does arty account for RA?

I'm not sure zis take a bigger hit. it is 6 man remember.

Ost hit is definitely highest because of reasons I stated, and I forget to mention allies have better LV too! Now even ukf has early RE, and aec.

Yeah this is simply bad for ost as Pak is their only 60 range mobile tank counter
24 Dec 2020, 02:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2020, 17:49 PMVipper
WINTER BALANCE PATCH PREVIEW - VERSION 4.0

Mobile Anti-Tank Guns

As long as the original crew has its target size reduced to keep the it performance the same the change is good and it should actually be expanded to include HMG.

ATG crew do not need to become weaker vs tank mgs.

Mobile Mortar Smoke

This bonuses are a step in right direction although probably not enough, the problem remain the time from ordering smoke to actually delivering it which is usually too long.

To increase mortar usage I wold suggest to further improve the performance vs cover garrison by reducing the penalties (even as vet bonus).

I would so far to suggest reducing the ATGs capabilities vs buildings since currently they more attractive option than mortars.

Brummbar and Dozer 105mm Sherman

A good change but would rather have the gap between autofire and manual fire decreased.

Else at least add a note in UI informing player that they should use manual aim.

Bug-Fixes

Great work.
Is the 50 cal receiving the correct debuffs when suppressed?

I disagree mobile mortar smoke is on right direction and need even more buffs.

By making smoke even stronger, while not touching recon flares. Both damage the fundamentals of game design.

Which is probing, true sight, positioning and flanking.

Now with more liberal mortar smoke, players can drop sight blockers with aplenty!
24 Dec 2020, 02:20 AM

That said, when is uncountered recon flare drops going to be touched?

A simple reduction in its hang time is needed. It makes a mockery of coh2 game mechanic with long sight time provided
Pip
24 Dec 2020, 03:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2020, 02:20 AMmrgame2
That said, when is uncountered recon flare drops going to be touched?

A simple reduction in its hang time is needed. It makes a mockery of coh2 game mechanic with long sight time provided

When the commander reworks come, most likely.
24 Dec 2020, 03:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2020, 02:13 AMmrgame2

Does arty account for RA?

I'm not sure zis take a bigger hit. it is 6 man remember.

Ost hit is definitely highest because of reasons I stated, and I forget to mention allies have better LV too! Now even ukf has early RE, and aec.

Yeah this is simply bad for ost as Pak is their only 60 range mobile tank counter

Arty doesn't take RA into account, it will not affect the damage. I'm pretty sure the damage is determined by the distance from the shell impact to each model. It's divided into 3 ranges with different multipliers at each range. I think all models start with 80 hit points. The six men are an advantage only because they normally spread out a bit, so a couple models will be further away when a shell hits. That said, walking stukas still routinely wipe all six in one shot. I think Pwerfers will also, but have to be dangerously close.

If you main Ost, it will force you to be a little more careful with it, but you've got the best MG in the game to suppress infantry that go after your AT gun. If I had any worries about this change, it would be about how effective pintle mg's on tanks are at decrewing AT guns after this.
24 Dec 2020, 04:27 AM

Some would disagree mg42 is best hmg.

Still this atg change is a more clear hit to ost than other factions is indisputable
PAGES (44)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS