Login

russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] General Discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (44)down
13 Dec 2020, 15:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2020, 15:13 PMVipper
After the debate about heal I made some additional test:
I tested Soviet base heal Live, Soviet base heal, UKF medics, USF ambulance and the time to heal 24 entities with 0 HP.

Best healing is Ambulance/UKF medic around 70% better than Soviet base healing live.

Soviet base healing in the patch is around 25% live.

These are big change which will upset the current healing ratio speed of faction and I see little reason for one to proceeded with them unless on does extensive testing.

There are certainly not "quality of life changes".

I'd see the AOE of the soviet healing kept but the standard rate lowered so it's a neutral change. The AOE imo is necessary because of the issue where one of the nurses starts shagging Yuri and ignores the other lads.
Bring back the 25% extra rate at t4 as by that stage of the game the increased heals would be more than welcome to offset the dramatically increased damage output of everything and the soviet are unable to otherwise offset this. Having to retreat to heal is still enough of a drawback
13 Dec 2020, 15:26 PM

I'd see the AOE of the soviet healing kept but the standard rate lowered so it's a neutral change. The AOE imo is necessary because of the issue where one of the nurses starts shagging Yuri and ignores the other lads.

That is what I have suggest also. (Keep in mind applies to medic bunker/FA/Med truck also, althoug I did not test)

The AOE heal change is great but the increase in heal speed is not something that should be taken lightly especially since it effects faction differently.

Bring back the 25% extra rate at t4 as by that stage of the game the increased heals would be more than welcome to offset the dramatically increased damage output of everything and the soviet are unable to otherwise offset this. Having to retreat to heal is still enough of a drawback

It would require testing but that impact will smaller.
13 Dec 2020, 17:46 PM

Don't know if this is the place for requests but I wanted to ask for beacons to also be put on other unit that isn't the pathfinder, since if you don't call it or it gets wiped mid game you have no way to make beacons and since only paratroopers can benefit from it, I think it's kinda dumb you needing to call another squad just for it.

maybe give it to RETs or officers?
13 Dec 2020, 20:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2020, 17:46 PMzerocoh
Don't know if this is the place for requests but I wanted to ask for beacons to also be put on other unit that isn't the pathfinder, since if you don't call it or it gets wiped mid game you have no way to make beacons and since only paratroopers can benefit from it, I think it's kinda dumb you needing to call another squad just for it.

maybe give it to RETs or officers?

thats very much the role of pathfinders though.... its a huge bonus and it shouldn't be available on 4 units you get for free....
13 Dec 2020, 20:21 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Since we're on the topic of pathfinders, is it possible to fix BARfinders juggling a lot? I know they're actually really strong, but maybe we could tone that down a tad as well as fix their juggle? The fact that on the airborne paths if you equip 2x BARs every model you drop could potentially be a BAR is really nerve racking.
13 Dec 2020, 20:28 PM

What exactly do you have against Yuri? He deserves some love too. But yeah, agreed.
13 Dec 2020, 20:37 PM

Since we're on the topic of pathfinders, is it possible to fix BARfinders juggling a lot? I know they're actually really strong, but maybe we could tone that down a tad as well as fix their juggle? The fact that on the airborne paths if you equip 2x BARs every model you drop could potentially be a BAR is really nerve racking.

Pathfinder have a number of issues (weapons with contradicting DPS curves, Low XP value) and should be looked at some point.
14 Dec 2020, 13:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2020, 20:37 PMVipper

Pathfinder have a number of issues (weapons with contradicting DPS curves, Low XP value) and should be looked at some point.

Giving the pathfinders a weapon upgrade for their own Carbine Rifles (+1 scope or just better stats) which requires no weapon slot and in turn remove all their weapon slots. To keep them as a long range unit.
14 Dec 2020, 13:54 PM

Giving the pathfinders a weapon upgrade for their own Carbine Rifles (+1 scope or just better stats) which requires no weapon slot and in turn remove all their weapon slots. To keep them as a long range unit.

They simply should not start with Paras Carbines...
14 Dec 2020, 20:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2020, 13:54 PMVipper

They simply should not start with Paras Carbines...

Why?
Its 2 rifles on expensive squad that isn't known for durability.
14 Dec 2020, 20:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2020, 20:05 PMKatitof

Why?
Its 2 rifles on expensive squad that isn't known for durability.

Because the the Carbine is designed for mid to close and they should have a weapon designed for mid to far.
14 Dec 2020, 20:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2020, 20:22 PMVipper

Because the the Carbine is designed for mid to close and they should have a weapon designed for mid to far.

Alright.
Give them M1919 then as that's the only non sniper crit long range weapon USF has.
14 Dec 2020, 20:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2020, 20:28 PMKatitof

Alright.
Give them M1919 then as that's the only non sniper crit long range weapon USF has.

I am pretty sure that is not a good idea, I am also pretty sure that one can create a "new" weapon profile the fits the needs of Pathfinder better.

Or one can give them a garrand and make them cheaper.
14 Dec 2020, 20:34 PM

Probably, but "vipper doesn't like how it is now" isn't exactly a valid reason to even start considering the option and literally no one ever complained about their default weapons being too strong or weak.
14 Dec 2020, 20:39 PM

Could pathfinders get squad increase of +1 upgrade for durability in the late game? At the expense of a weapons slot ofc.

Would also like the recon paratroops to be able to drop without a Pak howi.
14 Dec 2020, 21:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2020, 20:34 PMKatitof
Probably, but "vipper doesn't like how it is now" isn't exactly a valid reason to even start considering the option

It does not matter who brings something up, what only matter if the issue raised is correct or not. So can we stop this line arguments pls? They lead nowhere and I am pretty sure are getting tired by now.

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2020, 20:34 PMKatitof

and literally no one ever complained about their default weapons being too strong or weak.

And you simply missing the point, the weapon being too strong or too weak is irrelevant they simply don't mix with well scoped carbine. Their normal carbines are mid to close weapons mixed with long range weapon as the scoped one.

As for who started this you are once more mistaken, since it was not me:
14 Dec 2020, 22:52 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2020, 20:39 PMGrim
Could pathfinders get squad increase of +1 upgrade for durability in the late game? At the expense of a weapons slot ofc.

This would actually be pretty sweet and would help with the juggle problem created by the 2x garands.
15 Dec 2020, 11:07 AM

pathfinder can be change to that they come only with para carbine and cheaper, like 250-260, then have two upgrade, one of them replace all carbine with garand and add a scope garand on top (assasinnate pakage) , take all slot, the other upgrade give them the 5th man and take 1 slot. scope garand profile can be make similar to jarger g43.
15 Dec 2020, 11:31 AM

pathfinder can be change to that they come only with para carbine and cheaper

The scoped rifles are the only thing that makes the elite carbines balanced at 0 CP. A 4x elite carbine squad would be significantly better than Riflemen, so that won't be possible. Pathfinders won't get changed this patch anyway because they're out of scope (and arguably they don't even need any changes).
16 Dec 2020, 02:08 AM

Leave Pathfinder as it is. at the first combat, 1 path - rifle - 1 RE will auto lose to every combine force from axis.
PAGES (44)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS