russian armor

[Winter Balance Update] General Discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (44)down
17 Feb 2021, 20:24 PM

When will upgrade?Already 3 months
17 Feb 2021, 20:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2021, 20:06 PMJPA32
Do Sweepers have a new icon for the unit card with sweepers or is that just an additional weapon icon being placed above the equipped weapon blocked by the bottom of the unit card?

Engineers upgrading with Minesweepers will have their shield icon changed rather than having it added as a weapon slot symbol. Now actual weapons like Bazookas will no longer get hidden from the UI.

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2021, 20:06 PMJPA32
Also am I dumb? I don't understand the second picture. AP Incendiary rounds icon?

AP Ammo now has more obvious impact effects (I realise the picture might not show it as well) with more smoke, so it should be a lot easier for the enemy to realise AP ammo is being used.
17 Feb 2021, 21:03 PM

Engineers upgrading with Minesweepers will have their shield icon changed rather than having it added as a weapon slot symbol. Now actual weapons like Bazookas will no longer get hidden from the UI.

AP Ammo now has more obvious impact effects (I realise the picture might not show it as well) with more smoke, so it should be a lot easier for the enemy to realise AP ammo is being used.

All pictures show good changes to get some faster ingame informations. Thx :)
17 Feb 2021, 21:11 PM

That's a very elegant solution and I like it. Dunno if it's possible but is there a chance we could get an indicator for how many weapons a unit has? Knowing if I'm up against double vs single Bars or knowing which of my Grens has the stolen Bren gun would be amazing.

With it being pointed out I can see it in the picture better, generally I used the loud unique plinking noise and the bright white flashing rounds to indicate AP ammo but any quality of life changes are always welcome no matter how minor. :)
19 Feb 2021, 22:30 PM

are you guys changing strings too? I just noticed how spearhead ability doesn't point out that the hull mg gives supression to ace and KT.
20 Feb 2021, 09:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2021, 22:30 PMzerocoh
are you guys changing strings too? I just noticed how spearhead ability doesn't point out that the hull mg gives supression to ace and KT.

Yes there will be many UI and strings improvements. Spearhead description was on the list too.
20 Feb 2021, 13:39 PM

Sry if someone else already said it, but the AA nerfs should be postponed until after a commander patch, since its an indirect buff to already incredibily broken skillplanes
20 Feb 2021, 16:09 PM

Yes there will be many UI and strings improvements. Spearhead description was on the list too.
26 Feb 2021, 09:29 AM

Are there any plans to somehow rework the KV-2? In particular, the reload speed. Brumbar seems much better than the KV-2 at the moment, although it costs less ...
26 Feb 2021, 09:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2021, 09:29 AMsattium
Are there any plans to somehow rework the KV-2? In particular, the reload speed. Brumbar seems much better than the KV-2 at the moment, although it costs less ...

I think the KV2 is mostly fine to be honest. It's more a problem of the Brummbär being a bit too good.
26 Feb 2021, 10:00 AM

KV-2 is fine. It can even take on tanks thanks to it's projectile velocity/motion. It's all in all a good heavy tank. Slow and clunky but nuke-y
MMX
26 Feb 2021, 10:22 AM

i'd rather the kv-2's siege mode gets a bit of an overhaul. currently it doesn't offer anything other than the range increase, which would be fine if it weren't for the significantly higher scatter than in the normal firing mode. the fact that the fire rate buff the kv-2 got a while ago doesn't apply for the siege mode, together with the long setup/teardown delays doesn't help either.
a slight buff in either of these areas would go a long way to make the ability somewhat useful, though still situational at least
26 Feb 2021, 10:29 AM

Why USF can't have an early proper counter to sniper? Reducing the M20 build time is not enough, can't be balance to have to bank +50 fuel just to get a m20
26 Feb 2021, 11:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2021, 10:29 AMEsxile
Why USF can't have an early proper counter to sniper? Reducing the M20 build time is not enough, can't be balance to have to bank +50 fuel just to get a m20

Yeah, while Okw will get 2 buff to counter snipe in the upcoming patch, but sure.
26 Feb 2021, 11:40 AM

Yeah, while Okw will get 2 buff to counter snipe in the upcoming patch, but sure.

USF is also getting 2 kind of buffs. M20 build time and AAHT having better accuracy vs sniper? (can't remember the exact nature of the buff) but still that's around 70-80 fuel investment just to counter a god damn sniper.

OKW have the kubel that can chase him away without having to bleed. Brits have the same for 5 fuel next patch but USF is still stuck behind having to pay for a Lt then upgrade and then the m20 for a similar outcome. But on the mean time... you bleed or Manpower or munition if you decided to tech nade first for smoke counter.

M20 should be available whenever you tech lt or capt and not requiring the tier upgrade. Strip it from its mine and skirt upgrade I don't care but stop with this bullshit sniper that force you to play like an octopus just to counter a guy who'll click once in a while between 2 sniper shots.

26 Feb 2021, 11:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2021, 10:22 AMMMX
i'd rather the kv-2's siege mode gets a bit of an overhaul. currently it doesn't offer anything other than the range increase, which would be fine if it weren't for the significantly higher scatter than in the normal firing mode. the fact that the fire rate buff the kv-2 got a while ago doesn't apply for the siege mode, together with the long setup/teardown delays doesn't help either.
a slight buff in either of these areas would go a long way to make the ability somewhat useful, though still situational at least
i'd like to see the siege mode changed to make it like howitzer. Like how in coh 1 hummel had to stand still to be a howitzer. would be nice.
26 Feb 2021, 12:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2021, 09:29 AMsattium

There is nothing wrong with KV-2 tho.
It also deals 240 dmg.

Also, KV-2 can engage tanks and kill meds, brummbar not really.
Pip
26 Feb 2021, 12:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2021, 11:40 AMEsxile

USF is also getting 2 kind of buffs. M20 build time and AAHT having better accuracy vs sniper? (can't remember the exact nature of the buff) but still that's around 70-80 fuel investment just to counter a god damn sniper.

OKW have the kubel that can chase him away without having to bleed. Brits have the same for 5 fuel next patch but USF is still stuck behind having to pay for a Lt then upgrade and then the m20 for a similar outcome. But on the mean time... you bleed or Manpower or munition if you decided to tech nade first for smoke counter.

M20 should be available whenever you tech lt or capt and not requiring the tier upgrade. Strip it from its mine and skirt upgrade I don't care but stop with this bullshit sniper that force you to play like an octopus just to counter a guy who'll click once in a while between 2 sniper shots.

I'm still advocating that OKW and USF should simply have a sniper of their own (Or light infantry units/an infantry squad with a muni Snipe nondoctrinally). Current USF and OKW "Counters" really aren't up to snuff.
26 Feb 2021, 12:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2021, 12:47 PMPip

I'm still advocating that OKW and USF should simply have a sniper of their own (Or light infantry units/an infantry squad with a muni Snipe nondoctrinally). Current USF and OKW "Counters" really aren't up to snuff.

When you need sniper to counter sniper, then lack of sniper is not a problem here.
Pip
26 Feb 2021, 14:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2021, 12:59 PMKatitof

When you need sniper to counter sniper, then lack of sniper is not a problem here.

As cute as this comment is, a Sniper is the most effective counter to another Sniper. A Kubelwagen, for example, is not going to counter an opposing sniper if your opponent is at all aware of his surroundings, particularly not in a 2v2. Also as others have stated; the current non-sniper sniper counters take significantly more investment to succeed than the sniper itself requires to perform his role.

There is no real reason for OKW and USF to lack this type of unit, do you have an argument against that statement other than a snide remark?
PAGES (44)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS