Login

russian armor

Pershing blows - USF Heavy Cavalry

PAGES (10)down
18 Oct 2020, 21:28 PM

I'd nerf the Pershing's speed and anti infantry, up the price to 240 fuel, give it a crew (preferably elite for better repairs or KV1 treatment with less HP and damage reduction modifier) and make it a regular heavy tank without a limit.

It's too late in the game's development at this point though, so no chance this happens.
18 Oct 2020, 23:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Whilst the accuracy increase is marginal (due to only the 40 vs 45 max range), mid dmg being 56 vs 60 @ 1.25(again marginal) I agree on the far AOE being far superior for wounding. I had not known the far aoe to be so high (8dmg at 1.875[Pz IV] vs 36dmg at 4[KT]).

I was slightly unprecise in the wording here: KT has lower scatter. Meaning although the OHK radius is lower, it should have a higher chance of actually landing its shot. Without calculatung this now completely, I would assume the KT has better OHK potential on full health models because of that.
KT is a real beast.
19 Oct 2020, 00:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2020, 17:55 PMAlphrum

srsly ur going to compare the pershing to 2 HE shermans?, damn right 2 HE shermans will be better then the pershing at AI otherwise the pershing will be batsht OP. Its AI was way to good for a single tank and rightfully nerfed along with other heavies. Like the tiger it isnt supposed to be 1 man army and needs to be supported.

It also has high health, good AT, good armour + better AI then most heavies and excellent speed.

They are about the same cost, P 640/230 vs Ss 660/220, now that the Pershing requires a Major to be called in. I rather play Mediums now, which I feel it was how USF was originally designed, not that matters at all anymore.
19 Oct 2020, 00:38 AM

I'd nerf the Pershing's speed and anti infantry, up the price to 240 fuel, give it a crew (preferably elite for better repairs or KV1 treatment with less HP and damage reduction modifier) and make it a regular heavy tank without a limit.

It's too late in the game's development at this point though, so no chance this happens.

It'll never ever ever get a crew unless it's a one off even if you lose it like the old tiger ace.
19 Oct 2020, 00:42 AM

I was slightly unprecise in the wording here: KT has lower scatter. Meaning although the OHK radius is lower, it should have a higher chance of actually landing its shot. Without calculatung this now completely, I would assume the KT has better OHK potential on full health models because of that.
KT is a real beast.

Ah okay, that makes sense. Shame that its reduced to a glorified pillbox in that regard lol.
19 Oct 2020, 02:58 AM

Is it necessary for the Pershing to be so meh right now?

It's armor and health pool leave a lot to be desired. It lacks useful abilities and its reward vs. input feels extremely low. Additionally it has to play extremely careful against typical units like Racketen Werfers and Panthers. I can get equal kills using the Calliope in half the time and more reliable AT using the M36. It's also a massive pain to have out because to be effective you also need to maintain two rear echelons to repair it.

I would suggest one of the following: Add white phosphorus shell, add 160 health, increase armor, increase range by +5 or at least add a self repair ability.

Pershing is a giant pile of shit right now. It's so bad I took heavy cav out of my top 3 USF commanders. It's pretty hilarious if you think about it. They turned it into a uselsess pile or of shit, and increased It's cost. And it's the ONLY USF heavy unit in the game. Nice work balance team.
19 Oct 2020, 03:42 AM

Pershing has only a rough parity with the tiger against infantry and armored targets(higher penetration but slower reload), lacks the vet 2 50 range and lacks a decent activated ability(HVAP vs Blitz lol). The pershing has an advantage in speed but less HP and less armor. Oh and it doesnt have an AA gun attached to its roof either.

At a similar cost its obvious you get more when you pay for the tiger-or for that matter the IS-2. Pershing definitely could use some sort of buff.
Possibilities:

-revert the range nerf back up to 50 range

-simply reduce the cost to something like 580mp 200fuel since right now it sits somewhere between the panther/comet and the super heavies in terms of effectiveness

-buff the reload of the main gun perhaps to tiger levels to increase its dps against infantry and tanks without increasing its one shot potential

-Give it a utility based activated ability like smoke launchers/smoke grenades, MINOR self repair, vision boost etc.

Or whatever else.
19 Oct 2020, 07:07 AM

Give Pershing a free crew repair ability.

The more I think about the more I am convinced a crew repair ability should be added. If its going to exist as a shitty less health, less armored slowass, no interesting/useful abilities heavy it AT LEAST should be able to take care of itself and not require 2xRE babysitters.
19 Oct 2020, 08:01 AM

Crew is already a aberation from a balance point of view: you litteraly have the same powerful tank as everyone (even arguably better for the sherman) for the same prize and you also receive a free repair ability which also allow you to cheat the popcap.

And pershing still have the almighty 0.75 moving accuracy in addition to a relativily good mobility for an heavy which lead it to a more medium tank playstyle.

And yes, it is an at most OK-tank, but that's true for every heavies since the patch.
19 Oct 2020, 08:30 AM

The more I think about the more I am convinced a crew repair ability should be added. If its going to exist as a shitty less health, less armored slowass, no interesting/useful abilities heavy it AT LEAST should be able to take care of itself and not require 2xRE babysitters.

Exactly, it’s absurd that it should require 2 REs to babysit it all game for repairs.
19 Oct 2020, 13:31 PM

Exactly, it’s absurd that it should require 2 REs to babysit it all game for repairs.
. You can also use crews from other tanks.
If the brits can manage to keep their churchill repaired I'm sure with a bit of effort the usf can keep the Pershing up. Higher armour and more speed means it's going to take less damage.
19 Oct 2020, 13:32 PM

Imo the problem is lies with commander. Current Rangers and Pershing do not belong to same commander ( same goes for calliope and ranges).

If one move Rangers out of the commander one could adjust the Pershing.
19 Oct 2020, 17:48 PM

Indeed. I have even seen USF players with Priests sent to fire whilst low on hp. 2 REs is clearly too high a requirement. Pls buff.

19 Oct 2020, 17:58 PM

30%is still at least in line with most bonuses. I know it sucks because it's banking on a munitions but unfortunately the presence of combined arms makes it a tough duck as if you make the reload much faster then combined arms can put it over the top.

I actually don't think that's how it works, I think combined arms overrides the vet. I think I heard this in a Hans video...
19 Oct 2020, 18:32 PM

I actually don't think that's how it works, I think combined arms overrides the vet. I think I heard this in a Hans video...

No it was fixed.

June 23 Hotfix
Bug Fix
Fixed a bug where the modifiers from the combined arms ability was overwriting other modifiers
20 Oct 2020, 00:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2020, 03:42 AMSerrith
Pershing has only a rough parity with the tiger against infantry and armored targets(higher penetration but slower reload), lacks the vet 2 50 range and lacks a decent activated ability(HVAP vs Blitz lol). The pershing has an advantage in speed but less HP and less armor. Oh and it doesnt have an AA gun attached to its roof either.

At a similar cost its obvious you get more when you pay for the tiger-or for that matter the IS-2. Pershing definitely could use some sort of buff.
Possibilities:

-revert the range nerf back up to 50 range

-simply reduce the cost to something like 580mp 200fuel since right now it sits somewhere between the panther/comet and the super heavies in terms of effectiveness

-buff the reload of the main gun perhaps to tiger levels to increase its dps against infantry and tanks without increasing its one shot potential

-Give it a utility based activated ability like smoke launchers/smoke grenades, MINOR self repair, vision boost etc.

Or whatever else.

If you reduce the cost probably also would want to lower the population so it doesn't cost has much up keep.
20 Oct 2020, 00:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2020, 13:32 PMVipper
Imo the problem is lies with commander. Current Rangers and Pershing do not belong to same commander ( same goes for calliope and ranges).

If one move Rangers out of the commander one could adjust the Pershing.

May be replace ranger with cav rifle with adjustments? It was cavalry company after all.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS