Login

russian armor

Katyusha creeping barrage ability

1 Aug 2020, 01:44 AM

Can we get a revisit to this ability?

Everyone knows its garbage especially for 60 munitions. The Katyusha has less lethality compared to other rocket artillery but it has a special ability which should theoretically make up for it.

Right now its not very effective or cost efficient. I doubt it has ever been used it in the past 3 tournaments. It is a big problem and it should be addressed.

My suggestion is to change the ability to address something the Katyusha is bad at. Such as firing rockets. Since it fires slow but acts as an area denial. Change it to fire the same amount of rockets in a full barrage and 2.5 faster. Similar to the Werfer. Make it cost 30 munitions to do this. Change name from creeping barrage to "Quick Barrage".
1 Aug 2020, 03:00 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The last time this topic was brought, it was discovered that the ability was basically "bugged" or useless due to some stat shenanigan regarding scatter.

Start by fixing that.
1 Aug 2020, 04:28 AM

Yep, bugged. Needs a fix, as there IS already creeping rockets that are not used.
1 Aug 2020, 04:51 AM

To be honest even if creeping barrage was "fixed" I still dont think people would use it much. Maybe if it was an alternative fire mode that didnt cost munitions, but I for one would not pay for what amounts to a slower firing less accurate stuka barrage.
MMX
1 Aug 2020, 05:24 AM

the katy creeping barrage really is rather weird and underwhelming. on top of the huge scatter mentioned above it quite often bugs out half way into the last salvo and fires only 2 or 3 rockets instead of 4.
i've tried to fiddle around with the ability a while ago to kind of fix it (by modifying and using the creeping rockets weapon profile as suggested by descolata), and while i could normalize the scatter it is still rather buggy in terms of not firing all 16 rockets occasionally.
part of the reason is that the implementation of the katy cb is different from all other creeping barrages in the game to make the 4-rocket salvos work.

anyhow... although it may not be the most pressing issue atm the katy cb definitely needs a fix. i'll probably post the solution / mod i've come up with later that, even though it's not perfect, might serve as a starting point to make the ability more viable.
1 Aug 2020, 05:52 AM

Creeping barrage is really not at all useful. It's not like the Stuka zu Fuß that hits like a truck and is just as fast. Katyusha's rockets are slow with little impact, so spreading them out for a creeping barrage is more akin to a light rain if anything. It should just be replaced with either the precision barrage it used to have (which is essentially the Panzerwerfer's stock attack anyway) or a continuous barrage with no pauses.
1 Aug 2020, 08:05 AM

Can we get a revisit to this ability?

Everyone knows its garbage especially for 60 munitions. The Katyusha has less lethality compared to other rocket artillery but it has a special ability which should theoretically make up for it.

Right now its not very effective or cost efficient. I doubt it has ever been used it in the past 3 tournaments. It is a big problem and it should be addressed.

My suggestion is to change the ability to address something the Katyusha is bad at. Such as firing rockets. Since it fires slow but acts as an area denial. Change it to fire the same amount of rockets in a full barrage and 2.5 faster. Similar to the Werfer. Make it cost 30 munitions to do this. Change name from creeping barrage to "Quick Barrage".

L2P with the katty bro, The vet ability might be garbage sure but katty is anything but.
MMX
1 Aug 2020, 09:22 AM

L2P with the katty bro, The vet ability might be garbage sure but katty is anything but.

not sure why asking for a fix or overhaul of an obviously useless ability is a l2p issue. noone even contested that the katy is decent even without it, but that doesn't mean its vet ability should stay the worthless muni sink it is right now
1 Aug 2020, 18:53 PM

There should be a patch devoted to addressing every lame vet ability in the game tbh. So many are never used and could easily be replaced/fixed with minor tweaks.
2 Aug 2020, 14:50 PM

How should it perform? Sort of like how stuka zu fuss rockets land?
2 Aug 2020, 14:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2020, 14:50 PMReverb

pictureing literally a stuka barrage but with 6 katy rockets instead.... probably still be better than what we have....

2 Aug 2020, 15:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2020, 14:50 PMReverb

3 Katty rockets in 5 locations. Itll be q slightly lower shot SZF
2 Aug 2020, 16:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2020, 09:22 AMMMX

not sure why asking for a fix or overhaul of an obviously useless ability is a l2p issue. noone even contested that the katy is decent even without it, but that doesn't mean its vet ability should stay the worthless muni sink it is right now

The OP's point is Katty is garbage that's why vet 1 ability needs to be good to offset that, that why it's an l2p issue.
2 Aug 2020, 21:49 PM

The OP's point is Katty is garbage that's why vet 1 ability needs to be good to offset that, that why it's an l2p issue.

Not sure if you are sarcastic, but thats a perfect description of what his point is NOT
3 Aug 2020, 03:03 AM

That's not even close to what they said

"Garbage" was referring exclusively to the vet 1 ability, not the katy
4 Aug 2020, 03:53 AM

I've always found the creeping barrage to be very unfitting on the Katyusha. The vet 1 ability should be a full salvo barrage, without the interruptions in between rocket bursts.
4 Aug 2020, 11:13 AM

That's not even close to what they said

"Garbage" was referring exclusively to the vet 1 ability, not the katy

Question in how many 1v1 games do you see a Katty(specially at high level) anyway?? Calling Katty's vet 1 ability garbage cause it's hardly been used in last 3 tournaments is the same as calling the katty garbage cause it has been hardly used in the last 3 tourneys(2v2 or above is a different question though).
4 Aug 2020, 20:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2020, 03:53 AMKothre
I've always found the creeping barrage to be very unfitting on the Katyusha. The vet 1 ability should be a full salvo barrage, without the interruptions in between rocket bursts.

This part of the war didn't have atomic explosions yet, sorry
4 Aug 2020, 22:51 PM

Calling Katty's vet 1 ability garbage cause it's hardly been used in last 3 tournaments is the same as calling the katty garbage cause it has been hardly used in the last 3 tourneys
No it's really not. That's terrible reading comprehension on your part
5 Aug 2020, 15:58 PM

I'm... Not sure that was the point of the OP... and uhhh... That aside, do you actually think the Katy is "garbage"?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 26
Germany 522

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment