Login

russian armor

Main gun crit

24 Jul 2020, 03:49 AM

Exactly this.
It's so fucking annoying to only see Main Gun and Engine crits all the time and nothing really new.

In the beta it was hilariously annoying because those crits happened for nearly every vehicle impact. You could easily lose a tank because you got a chain of Gunner Injured/Driver Insured/Crew Shocked over and over without being able to retaliate. It made tank battles extremely RNG based to an absurd degree, and was quickly removed from the game.
24 Jul 2020, 07:17 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Does someone know how the chances are to get the main gun crit?
24 Jul 2020, 09:29 AM

In the beta it was hilariously annoying because those crits happened for nearly every vehicle impact. You could easily lose a tank because you got a chain of Gunner Injured/Driver Insured/Crew Shocked over and over without being able to retaliate. It made tank battles extremely RNG based to an absurd degree, and was quickly removed from the game.

>in the beta
Well, it was long ago, and I guess nowadays all these could be implemented with different chances and % for them, like 10% for Crew Shocked if fired from the back/tracks or anything.
Just thinking out loud.
24 Jul 2020, 12:37 PM

Does someone know how the chances are to get the main gun crit?

I believe it's a 5% chance to any damage applied that gets it to 25% health or lower. Not 100% positive, but pretty sure
24 Jul 2020, 15:47 PM

Main gun crits are the worst feature in this game, I cannot fathom why someone in their right mind would want them to remain.
24 Jul 2020, 17:00 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I believe it's a 5% chance to any damage applied that gets it to 25% health or lower. Not 100% positive, but pretty sure

That is correct, even rear hits can trigger it.
24 Jul 2020, 17:32 PM

Just counter the main gun crit by learning to play MVGame :D For real though, I think the amount it happens is far too much. Maybe it doesn't have to be removed fully from the game but I definitely think tourney mode settings should be a think at least in 1v1 automatch.
25 Jul 2020, 23:51 PM

I wouldn't mind if instead of completely disabling the gun, a main gun critical would instead impose a severe accuracy penalty so at least the vehicle isn't completely defenceless. Engine damage doesn't completely disable movement either.

Although ideally things like a main gun crit would also be something that has to be deliberately triggered somehow just like how snares deal engine damage, rather than being something completely random.

I think this would be a good compromise between completely removing main gun crits and keeping them
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★