Login

russian armor

SU-76M

19 Jul 2020, 18:40 PM

im 1v1 and 2v2 and mostly play as soviet i have never seen SU-76M in a match for a long time
didn't see anyone deploy it
so what a point of having SU-76M in this game

does this unit need to rework or something?
19 Jul 2020, 18:55 PM

well this unit certainly needs some sort of love,

miragefla did a pretty good vid on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0EmcY8s9NU

he basically explained it on point
19 Jul 2020, 18:57 PM

im 1v1 and 2v2 and mostly play as soviet i have never seen SU-76M in a match for a long time
didn't see anyone deploy it
so what a point of having SU-76M in this game

does this unit need to rework or something?

Only for nostalgia some may use it.
Su-76 was an OP light TD back in the day, with free Barrage, and it was spammed to death, everyone was using it non-stop and T4 wasn't even built.
Then it was nerfed.
Then no one began using it much. And because T-70 is simply glorious.
Su-76 is like you ATG, but on Tracks, and costs Fuel, so not everyone prefers it, especially considering you can get a T-70 AND an ATG at the same time and not care about anything really. (Well, ATG or Penals with PTRS) It just doesn't fit.
I suppose it's more of need for a nerf for T-70 rather than buffing or redesigning Su-76.
19 Jul 2020, 21:19 PM

Only for nostalgia some may use it.
Su-76 was an OP light TD back in the day, with free Barrage, and it was spammed to death, everyone was using it non-stop and T4 wasn't even built.
Then it was nerfed.
Then no one began using it much. And because T-70 is simply glorious.
Su-76 is like you ATG, but on Tracks, and costs Fuel, so not everyone prefers it, especially considering you can get a T-70 AND an ATG at the same time and not care about anything really. (Well, ATG or Penals with PTRS) It just doesn't fit.
I suppose it's more of need for a nerf for T-70 rather than buffing or redesigning Su-76.

I think we should just accept some units will never be meta or 100% viable.
The t70 fills a very important hole. Until the t70 comes out soviet lack oomph because they get no ai upgrades and regular nades stock. This is often overlooked.
Both okw and ost have plenty of tools to deal with it. And have plenty of time to prepare for its arrival.
Not being ready for the t70 is like not being ready for the mg42 or flametrack or even the luchs.

I have no idea how to fix the su76, just let it be i guess. It can be ussefull still.
As for nerfing the t70 i think its save to say soviets will struggle from early to late game then.
19 Jul 2020, 21:29 PM

That's not going to happen, 7th man would need to arrive much sooner then it does, because T-70 needs to overcompensate for poor early game scaling of infantry.
19 Jul 2020, 23:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2020, 21:29 PMKatitof

That's not going to happen, 7th man would need to arrive much sooner then it does, because T-70 needs to overcompensate for poor early game scaling of infantry.

Tbh that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.
If the power bump came from 7 man instead of the T70 we might see some su76s or quads out and about instead of just the T70. Power bump is still a power bump so idk if it needs to come from the T70 specifically.

However a sooner 7 man would need maybe for the mp reduction to be delayed till t4 possibly but it's something Tha could be played with
20 Jul 2020, 00:26 AM

I would not be opposed to giving the Su-76 a smoke barrage. The soviets have a real lack of smoke options(only 2 including doctrines).
20 Jul 2020, 00:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2020, 00:26 AMSerrith
I would not be opposed to giving the Su-76 a smoke barrage. The soviets have a real lack of smoke options(only 2 including doctrines).

thats a cool idea. i like that idea
20 Jul 2020, 07:01 AM

If the power bump came from 7 man instead of the T70 we might see some su76s or quads out and about instead of just the T70. Power bump is still a power bump so idk if it needs to come from the T70 specifically.

However a sooner 7 man would need maybe for the mp reduction to be delayed till t4 possibly but it's something Tha could be played with

I would gladly sacrifice T-70 to get 7th con faster, but I don't know if game and forums could withstand so many buttholes being raptured at the same time if they would see that cons actually get combat upgrades at similar timing other infantry does.

Its one of these things that will probably just be status quo for life.
20 Jul 2020, 07:51 AM

If this is implemented it would be great. SHould share a cooldown with he barrage. The barrage inturn could become vet 1 next to tracking imo.
This would make it a light td/utility vehicle all the way.

100% in on this.
JLX
25 Jul 2020, 14:30 PM

I also like this idea!

It's also "in theme" of the Soviets having utility options. Smoke is lacking in the faction and this would be a good spot for it.

Great suggestion :-)
25 Jul 2020, 19:50 PM

Doesn't the mortar have a smoke barrage?
25 Jul 2020, 22:39 PM

Doesn't the mortar have a smoke barrage?

Yes which fits in with his point.
26 Jul 2020, 01:28 AM

There would be some serious REEing if 7 man came earlier free of charge.
26 Jul 2020, 02:26 AM

. There will be some reeeing regardless. But coming a bit sooner as a durability and firepower upgrade without impacting mp consumption would be OK I think. Hell. Even tone down the T70 if 7 men came sooner free of charge. The power bump should be on infantry not an "optional" vehicle
26 Jul 2020, 07:55 AM

Too damn bad, either powerful T-70 to carry on power fall-down from early game or early 7 man cons.
You can't expect to weaken a single unit that keeps faction together and not provide powerful alternative to take on the job.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 25
South Africa 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment