Sander's personal balance changes

PAGES (24)down
18 Oct 2020, 13:40 PM

V4 changes

Rocket Artillery

Since you are looking into artillery CD check SPAG creeping barrage ability:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/106711/creeping-barrage
18 Oct 2020, 17:00 PM

I know it’s not really necessary but giving the katushka creeping barrage suppression would give it a nice niche as an anti blob tool.

With suppression, it might need a damage nerf, but Right now, it’s not really worth it compared to the regular barrage
18 Oct 2020, 18:31 PM

I know it’s not really necessary but giving the katushka creeping barrage suppression would give it a nice niche as an anti blob tool.

With suppression, it might need a damage nerf, but Right now, it’s not really worth it compared to the regular barrage

I think the best change to could happen to Katyusha with the creeping barrage is make it fire less rockets and fire them slower but with no wave-style gap in between each salvo.
19 Oct 2020, 02:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2020, 18:31 PMSpoof

I think the best change to could happen to Katyusha with the creeping barrage is make it fire less rockets and fire them slower but with no wave-style gap in between each salvo.

The reason I suggested my idea was that the barrages would be better in different situations, so they would both be used.

If we followed your idea, it’s highly likely one barrage would just be better than the other, and only one barrage would be used.
We see this now, as the vanilla barrage is just better than the creeping barrage. If the creeping barrage is buffed, people will just use the creeping barrage over the vanilla barrage.
19 Oct 2020, 07:40 AM

M3/M5 Halftrack (all faction variants)

"The M3 and M5 halftracks are given more utility with a healing option. M5 quad AA power is being reduced to become more in line with other similar units.

All unupgraded halftracks can now drop a single med crate for 15 munitions"

Imo this is bad changes that can easily create lots of issues and greatly promote blobbing.

I would suggest the following all transport can not pick up and carry med kit and uncrewed support weapons.
20 Oct 2020, 06:26 AM

agree for almost every thing,
but the Opel Blitz truck armor shouldn't be reduced at least not that much, because it cost more than ambulance and it's made to be in the front line because of the munitions reduction it give to nearby units.

and I'm not really sure about the walking stuka changes.
note: I read the OKW balance only.
sorry for the bad English.
20 Oct 2020, 06:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2020, 06:26 AMOlfin
agree for almost every thing,
but the Opel Blitz truck armor shouldn't be reduced at least not that much, because it cost more than ambulance and it's made to be in the front line because of the munitions reduction it give to nearby units.

Indeed, it was made to support infantry in the frontline or at least defensively, its role is quite distinct to the ambulance's. I believe it's a cooldown reduction (that doesn't affect ISGs) but I can't find details on the ability guide.
20 Oct 2020, 07:53 AM

V4 changes

Global Changes

OKW

OST

SOV

UKF

USF

Few ideas for OKW:

1. Add mortar HT to T2 (mech),
2. move stuka zu fuss to T4,
3. reduce decloak area where P2 can be spotted (inline with jp4),
4. revamp IH HF. Add vetterancy. Ideas: basic recon 50, share vet, extra vision as additional ability like t70, (sigh range increase to 60-70 with vet), reinforcing etc.;
5. Battlegroup T1 - healing available right after building a truck but at 60% efficiency. Med upgrade stays, it's only increase healing to 120% efficiency to current performance (OKW healing has the slowest rate for all factions so it would be fair to make it inline with others).
6. Stuka incendiary barrage - or remove share cooldown or reduce the price highly

Additionally i agree with most Sanders proposal - most of all to allow Stormpio to have sweepers and shreck in same time.
20 Oct 2020, 11:20 AM

"Howitizers

All howitzers start on cooldown after their barrage finishes or is interupted
All barrage cooldowns reduced by 20 seconds"

Since you are looking into artillery:

Have also a look at B4 that CD seems to be too low by comparison especially at vet 2.

Have a look at Stuka incendiary barrage that is very expensive and cames very late.

Have a look at MHT incendiary barrage that little damage especially to emplacements (actually DOT need to be looked values seems to be all over the place with Soviet barrage being one of the stronger and Luftwafe bombing being very weak)
20 Oct 2020, 16:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2020, 07:53 AMStark
1. Add mortar HT to T2 (mech),
2. move stuka zu fuss to T4,

I personally do not really like the idea of adding a mortar halftrack to OKW, because I feel it would be nearly impossible to counter with the stock Puma around (and in the same tier) being able to defend it against vehicle dives (which is pretty much the only way to take out mortar halftracks).

Anyway, at this stage I don't think Relic would agree with adding and switching around units (if we ever get a new patch at all), unless it'd be to solve a glaring faction issue (which was the case with the Assault Officer). Changes will have to be as small as possible.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2020, 07:53 AMStark
3. reduce decloak area where P2 can be spotted (inline with jp4),

This is interesting, I'll see if I can figure out the ranges.
Pip
20 Oct 2020, 17:02 PM

If I'm honest, the recent announcement of this "CoH2 All Out War" 64 bit edition leads me to believe that CoH2 might have a little more support left. I don't know that one, maybe two more patches are completely out of the question, particularly if they're well crafted.
20 Oct 2020, 18:19 PM

I personally do not really like the idea of adding a mortar halftrack to OKW, because I feel it would be nearly impossible to counter with the stock Puma around (and in the same tier) being able to defend it against vehicle dives (which is pretty much the only way to take out mortar halftracks).

Anyway, at this stage I don't think Relic would agree with adding and switching around units (if we ever get a new patch at all), unless it'd be to solve a glaring faction issue (which was the case with the Assault Officer). Changes will have to be as small as possible.

This is interesting, I'll see if I can figure out the ranges.

Mortar HT isn't so deadly. Just simple mortar on wheels. It's way weaker than for example pak howi and less deadly than stuka. I think it would especially help OKW gameplay in 1v1. In higher gamemod people simply goes stuka after puma becouse they have teammate to get fast medium tank.

I'm pretty sure it's way way smaller than jp4. I haven't made a serious tests but just by gameplay i notice it's quite easy to detect by infantry nearby

Well, of course Relic prefers changelog as smallest as possible. That;s just what i would like to change in OKW.
20 Oct 2020, 19:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2020, 18:19 PMStark

I'm pretty sure it's way way smaller than jp4. I haven't made a serious tests but just by gameplay i notice it's quite easy to detect by infantry nearby

JP received a serous of nerf including detection radius:

Jagdpanzer IV
The Jagdpanzer veterancy bonuses and abilities have been adjusted to be more in-line with other vehicles.

Camouflage reveal radius from 10 to 20

Veterancy 2 armour and sight bonus removed
Veterancy 2 now increases accuracy by 20%
Veterancy 5 ambush modifiers from +150% to +25%

I am not sure if Luch reveal radius should be reduced since it is a "recon vehicle" and the ability is already rather weak for vet 1.
20 Oct 2020, 19:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think you are confused, as he is asking for a buff. Reduce the area upon which it is revealed.
20 Oct 2020, 20:22 PM

I think you are confused, as he is asking for a buff. Reduce the area upon which it is revealed.

My point is that imo the camo should be superior to that of JP.

Actually I would rather see JP camo to be static allowing it to rotate at normal speed but break camo once it moves.
20 Oct 2020, 21:38 PM

Sander,

In your V4 changes OKW requires 200mp to unlock Medics, Panzerfausts, flame grenades, Volks weapon upgrades, indirect fire, machine guns, and AT guns (latter already included in T0).

How do you see this impacting Soviet early game diversity options? Because it seems to me that if you want to do anything except conscript spam to keep the early game tech investments down you are going to be outnumbered and outgunned even harder than you are currently.
20 Oct 2020, 22:03 PM

In your V4 changes OKW requires 200mp to unlock Medics, Panzerfausts, flame grenades, Volks weapon upgrades, indirect fire, machine guns, and AT guns (latter already included in T0).

It's 200mp AND 20 fuel, but still that seems WAY too cheap
21 Oct 2020, 00:54 AM

Technically the flame grenade unlock costs 70 MP and 15 fuel.
21 Oct 2020, 01:03 AM

Its less than the molitovs + AT nade techs by 5mp. That's bloody insane
21 Oct 2020, 03:05 AM

Its less than the molitovs + AT nade techs by 5mp. That's bloody insane

Honestly I think that's more of an issue with mollys and AT nades. Molotovs and AT grenades should be bundled together so you can buy them in one package. With OKW if you choose Battlegroup over Mechanized you're basically locking out the 3 Mechanized units anyway.
PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight