Login

russian armor

5man grens OP?

PAGES (7)down
8 Jun 2020, 21:03 PM

5 men grens are certainly OP when the grens pick up one or 2 other weapons, thats something that might be looked at. They get high dps and are the most durable sqad in game (with 7 men conscripts) becouse of 20% dmg reduction at vet 3

BTW i feel like axis struggeled so hard becouse of brits being very strong forcing the OKW into puma (valentine) and recking ostheer T3 with comet, leaving the only choice into double pak and stupa

The sov usf matchup was mostly fine IMO

Just to list up some OP brit units :Aec (threadshot), Valentine , AVRE

8 Jun 2020, 21:07 PM

BTW i feel like axis struggeled so hard becouse of brits being very strong forcing the OKW into puma (valentine) and recking ostheer T3 with comet, leaving the only choice into double pak and stupa

I think Ost did fine overall with pak40 and the T4 units. Mostly OKW seemed to suffer from playing vs UKF. I think if OKW was in a better spot then we'd see more balanced win rates instead of allies by a landslide.

Agree on the OP units.
8 Jun 2020, 21:14 PM

I think Ost did fine overall with pak40 and the T4 units. Mostly OKW seemed to suffer from playing vs UKF. I think if OKW was in a better spot then we'd see more balanced win rates instead of allies by a landslide.

Yeah when you think back to it it was usually the OKW player struggling hard and Ostheer carrying to some limited extent. IIRC Noggano, Artavick and Devm were struggling hard in most of their Axis games usually having less pop than the Ostheer player and having no map-control. CN and Seeking were more balanced somehow.
8 Jun 2020, 21:17 PM

Yeah when you think back to it it was usually the OKW player struggling hard and Ostheer carrying to some limited extent. IIRC Noggano, Artavick and Devm were struggling hard in most of their Axis games usually having less pop than the Ostheer player and having no map-control. CN and Seeking were more balanced somehow.

Yeah Seeking vs Noggano seemed to favour Seeking by a landslide. I’d be interested to hear Noggano’s perspective on this.

DevM just seemed to be in awful form overall. Not sure if it was a balance issue. Luvnest carried hard.
9 Jun 2020, 03:32 AM

I just asked Dane, on Twitch, he said his original words were that "if anything was REMOTELY op on Ostheer, it would be the 5man grens." So yeah, 5man grens MIGHT be ever sooooo slightly OP. And not surprisingly, that is an absolute blasphemy to the likes of SuperAlliedFan. Not surprised he made this thread.

Regardless of my opinion on balance I feel a thread touching upon balance after UTT is probably valid. I could have made this thread after the patch notes released but I waited until two tournaments completed to decide my opinion. I never hounded or attacked other forum/twitch members calling for a hotfix.

If you disagree with my conclusions feel free to point out why.

But for me the outrage at SVT cons when VSL have performed arguably better would indicate a balance issue. I've been defensive for allies lately because Brits were nerfed out of the game for many tournaments, some players have a vendetta against them despite them being identical in Ost design in many ways (which I can understand, I also dislike emplacements). For the record I also called for Wehr mortar and ostrippen buffs late game, as well as nerfs to UKF perimeter overwatch so let's drop the fanboy wars.
9 Jun 2020, 03:54 AM

They were used in 100% games where axis won.
The game when they were not used was lost badly.

I can see no other conclusion, but to dub them an overpowered game changer.

I agree

Possibly a crutch unit, but ostheer have many crutch doctrines to choose on like Soviets.
9 Jun 2020, 04:01 AM

Since we're talking about the durability of grens and the late game need, imma again pitch that t4 gives grens a damage reduction and vet gives a rec acc buff again.
Probably be sticky with the existing 5 man grens but that can be adjusted separately. The goal is that all core units are viable without doctrinal modifiers. Especially core infantry squads. Cons got their much needed adjustment, grens are as in need as ever and their viability shouldn't live and die by them being fully vetted
9 Jun 2020, 06:38 AM

I agree

I dont even...
You serious?
9 Jun 2020, 06:47 AM

Since we're talking about the durability of grens and the late game need, imma again pitch that t4 gives grens a damage reduction and vet gives a rec acc buff again.
Probably be sticky with the existing 5 man grens but that can be adjusted separately.

If one makes the 5 men a seperate unit instead of an upgrade that would solve any issues.

The goal is that all core units are viable without doctrinal modifiers. Especially core infantry squads. Cons got their much needed adjustment, grens are as in need as ever and their viability shouldn't live and die by them being fully vetted

If OKW are doing worse than Ostheer as some people claim, it would be better to nerf to allied units instead of buffing both grenadiers and OKW.
9 Jun 2020, 07:50 AM

and are the most durable sqad in game (with 7 men conscripts) becouse of 20% dmg reduction at vet 3

They get the damage reduction instead of lower received accuracy, so that only gives them an advantage against the lethal (80 dmg) radius of some explosives like rocket artillery or grenades. Against small arms however they are not even close to vetted 7 men Conscripts (~570 effective hp vs Cons' 790 effective hp), and worse than 5 men Infantry Sections (645) and squads like Commandos (615) or Rangers (770) or even 4 men Obers (640). The damage reduction also doesn't help against the lethal radius of bigger weapons like tanks or artillery because their lethal AOE radius is higher than 100 damage, and their high received accuracy / target size at vet 3 (0.91) makes them more likely to take damage from small arms which partly cancels out their damage reduction advantage against explosives. They are a durable squad for sure, but I wouldn't call them the most durable squad in the game.
9 Jun 2020, 10:08 AM

They get the damage reduction instead of lower received accuracy, so that only gives them an advantage against the lethal (80 dmg) radius of some explosives like rocket artillery or grenades. Against small arms however they are not even close to vetted 7 men Conscripts (~570 effective hp vs Cons' 790 effective hp), and worse than 5 men Infantry Sections (645) and squads like Commandos (615) or Rangers (770) or even 4 men Obers (640). The damage reduction also doesn't help against the lethal radius of bigger weapons like tanks or artillery because their lethal AOE radius is higher than 100 damage, and their high received accuracy / target size at vet 3 (0.91) makes them more likely to take damage from small arms which partly cancels out their damage reduction advantage against explosives. They are a durable squad for sure, but I wouldn't call them the most durable squad in the game.

infantry in the lategame doesnt get wiped by small arms fire, its mostly some sort of rocket. Thats why i call them the most durable sqad since even pfussis seem to get wiped easier by rocket barrages then grens.

I just feel like whenever peaple discuss grens is that they forget to mention the 20% dmg decrease at vet3 which is IMO the best vet OH could have ever dreamd off
9 Jun 2020, 18:16 PM

Allies won in a landslide across the tournament and all we’re seeing is “nerf axis” threads. That tells you all you need to know about how meme levels of pointless these threads are.

I see a Tiger overnerfed thread, and someone claiming rifles win frontally against mg42. Pretty sure stupidity isn't limited to the fanboys of one side or another

5 man grens are fine imo. They've been this way for a while and no one said anything

I still don't think tournaments tell us that much about balance. It's good for knowing meta commanders, but it's on a limited number of maps in a limited number of matchups

This is what I've been saying since the beginning of time....

Well seeing as you give us the meme threads for axis, I think everyone was ignoring you
9 Jun 2020, 18:53 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I did some testing. 5 man grens are weaker than 7 man conscripts and double bar riflemen when each are at vet 3. The 5 man upgrade also adds 10% RA bonus as well as free medkits. The free medkits are important because it gives longevity. If there were any nerfs the Medkits could go first and well as adjust the RA bonus to 7-5%. The doctrine itself is not super strong and most abilities are situational. Stormtroopers are still not useful and the 250 is nice for pioneers but that is about it. Assault and hold can be nice but I do not see it often enough and the fragmentation bombs are good but expensive.
9 Jun 2020, 19:08 PM

I did some testing. 5 man grens are weaker than 7 man conscripts and double bar riflemen when each are at vet 3. The 5 man upgrade also adds 10% RA bonus as well as free medkits. The free medkits are important because it gives longevity. If there were any nerfs the Medkits could go first and well as adjust the RA bonus to 7-5%. The doctrine itself is not super strong and most abilities are situational. Stormtroopers are still not useful and the 250 is nice for pioneers but that is about it. Assault and hold can be nice but I do not see it often enough and the fragmentation bombs are good but expensive.

Or we could do nothing.

Its infantry focused doctrine that foregoes late game armor, off-maps and recon.
If anything, this is the route infantry upgrades should go, together with con 7th man, not stacking weapons on the squad, but couple of little things.

Also, stormtroopers not useful? Wat?
They might not be commandos, but they certainly do their job well and can nuke sneaked up weapon team or unsuspecting squad very quick.
9 Jun 2020, 19:27 PM

Permanently Banned
-
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L