Login

russian armor

SU-76 - A Slight Adjustment

PAGES (9)down
6 Jun 2020, 04:50 AM

It comes much to late for it to be only good against lights. Its to fragile to be forced to become immobile. And an overhaul wont do anything. Just create a mess.

The tweaking as suggested has the best possible outcome imo.

6 Jun 2020, 06:29 AM

I would rather see SU-76 become Doctrinal and replaced with something else more useful. Even with buffs, I still wouldn't make it over T-70 or getting T4 quicker.
6 Jun 2020, 07:13 AM

I would rather see SU-76 become Doctrinal and replaced with something else more useful. Even with buffs, I still wouldn't make it over T-70 or getting T4 quicker.

ye, i think every allied faction should have an m10
6 Jun 2020, 08:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2020, 23:16 PMMaret
SU-76 just need rework not mibor buff.

My suggestions:

1. AT stats the same as soviet baby-at gun M42 have. It make SU-76 only good against light vehicles. You can't spam it to kill mediums.
2. Make "Siege mode". In this mode it have regular and smoke barrages. Can't shoot to armor. Can't move. Barrages is free. SU-76 could rotate in this mode, but speed is slower. Also need some time to exit from this mode. It's make it vulnerable to sudden attacks.
3. With level get increased amount of shells in barrage (like Ml-20 ability) and decreased cooldown of barrage.

SU-76 become more defense oriented unit. While T-70 is more aggressive unit.

No one sane would even remember it exists, much less consider building it.
6 Jun 2020, 12:55 PM

An solutution for the su76 could be the nerf of the OP t70.
6 Jun 2020, 12:59 PM

And a solution to grens is to nerf HMG42 and ost sniper.
6 Jun 2020, 14:45 PM

What would it be like to drop the fuel cost on t3, increase the build time on the T70 and increase the fuel cost t4 what ever it was dropped from t3? That could let the HT hit sooner as well as the su76 while keeping the T70 timing and not upsetting t4 timing
6 Jun 2020, 15:38 PM

And a solution to grens is to nerf HMG42 and ost sniper.

Only if both would overpeform, which isnt the case.
6 Jun 2020, 16:46 PM

Only if both would overpeform, which isnt the case.

Funny thing is the t70 does over preform either.
Its very strong in ai indeed but its at power is quite low, still its a light that arrives shortly before mediums do.

I like dark armadillo,s idea for the t70 and t3 and t4.
6 Jun 2020, 17:03 PM

T70 has been overperforming for so long that it became the standard.
6 Jun 2020, 17:18 PM

T70 has been overperforming for so long that it became the standard.

+its been said countless of times, it needs to be as soviets start getting pushed back hard the moment weapon upgrades and opposing lights arrive.
6 Jun 2020, 18:04 PM

Problem with su-76, that you always have better options. Want AT - build zis-gun with much better scaling to late-game. Want AI power - build t-70 or m5-quad. T-70 could give you chance to will get t4 and map control, while su-76...only waste of fuel.
Also some part of this situation lays in soviet game-design - units that could do 2 roles. Everyone remembers spam of old su-76 that in-mass could kill heavy armor and kill infnatry by their free barrages.

One possible solution could be move them to T4 to make "su-85 for poors" or make from it soviet variant of USF scotch.
7 Jun 2020, 22:20 PM

Another possible option could be make from SU-76 main soviet tank destroyer. While make su-85 TD against heavy targets (high pen, high damage, low ROF, maybe lock behind specific upgrade in T4).
7 Jun 2020, 22:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2020, 04:57 AMVipper
What I would try would probably be the following:
Increase XP value which is very low and allow the unit to vet very fast
Remove tracking it can be used to selfspot for barrage
Remove the vet bonus damage to barrage, there is no reason to be more lethal than zis
Maybe increase acceleration to 2.8-3 and rotation to 32 to become a bit more responsive
Maybe lower power level making it cheaper (60 fuel?) while lowering far penetration accuracy
Increase armor so that it less prone to attack from 222
Replace accuracy buff with an HP

-Remove ability, remove vet bonus damage, lower power level, lower far pen and accuracy, replace accuracy buff with HP
-Increase acceleration and armour a bit, lower fuel cost to 60

Incredible SU76 buff, 10/10
8 Jun 2020, 11:54 AM

After playing around with the su76 for awhile, the unit isnt too bad but just needs a small bump (with what has already been suggested).

One thing that I don't think fits the unit is the tracking ability. Even through the ability is good, I would prefer something to reinforce its use of its range. Ideally camo would be decent applying a buff like the camo at you find in the commanders. Annoyingly this already exist in the anti-tank commander that no one had ever used.

8 Jun 2020, 12:11 PM

After playing around with the su76 for awhile, the unit isnt too bad but just needs a small bump (with what has already been suggested).

One thing that I don't think fits the unit is the tracking ability. Even through the ability is good, I would prefer something to reinforce its use of its range. Ideally camo would be decent applying a buff like the camo at you find in the commanders. Annoyingly this already exist in the anti-tank commander that no one had ever used.

The camo for vehicles is simply badly designed since the rotation penalty make it unusable for SU-85 and SU-76. Although the bonus are crazy. One should probably remove both penalties and bonuses or tailor them according to vehicle.
8 Jun 2020, 12:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2020, 12:11 PMVipper

The camo for vehicles is simply badly designed since the rotation penalty make it unusable for SU-85 and SU-76. Although the bonus are crazy. One should probably remove both penalties and bonuses or tailor them according to vehicle.

But it makes it usable for JP4 huh?
Superior german engineering at it again bois, camo on casemates doesn't work and is impractical, but only on allied casemates.

While I do agree that vet1 should be changed and more tailored for the unit itself, camo certainly should not be it, if only for the reason its already doctrinal ability.

Commander however is unused for many different reasons, it provides AT improvements for a faction that no longer has AT problems.
8 Jun 2020, 12:25 PM

Smoke barrage?
8 Jun 2020, 12:32 PM

Smoke barrage?

Make it WP and you've got actually a decent idea.
8 Jun 2020, 12:36 PM

But it makes it usable for JP4 huh?
Superior german engineering at it again bois, camo on casemates doesn't work and is impractical, but only on allied casemates.

Once more you seem oblivious to the actual game mechanics which is a direct result of you not using them.

Allow me to enlighten you:
"Cautious movement" available to JP applies 50% movement penalty and provides no bonuses
"Tank ambush" available to SU-76 and SU-85 applies lock in place, -80% rotation penalty and provides First strike bonus +25% reload speed,+20% accuracy,+20% penetration

In other words apples and oranges.

But feel free to provide replays with you (or other "top players") using the ability in their games.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 64
Germany 22
unknown 19

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %