Login

russian armor

SU-76 - A Slight Adjustment

PAGES (9)down
10 Jun 2020, 00:06 AM

What about taking focus forward ability from SU85 and giving it to the SU76(and also removing the su76 tracking ability). The Su85 would need a compensating buff of some sort, but It could result in the su76 being a late game recon pick. I know some are concerned about self spotting barrages, but I actually think for the su76 this is ok given the barrage has a cost attached and a cooldown plus a weird hybrid niche.
10 Jun 2020, 02:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2020, 00:06 AMSerrith
What about taking focus forward ability from SU85 and giving it to the SU76(and also removing the su76 tracking ability). The Su85 would need a compensating buff of some sort, but It could result in the su76 being a late game recon pick. I know some are concerned about self spotting barrages, but I actually think for the su76 this is ok given the barrage has a cost attached and a cooldown plus a weird hybrid niche.

Not a bad idea, I however don't feel the su85 particularly would need the forward sight compensated for. Since it's pen rebalance I think the su85 is actually partially over performing and a 60 range self sighting unit with near guaranteed pen really isnt in the games best interest.
10 Jun 2020, 10:07 AM

Give it the coh1 marder3 standing ability. Some bonuses (rotation speed, damage per shell, range or rate of fire) in exchange of being static for a while.
MMX
10 Jun 2020, 10:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2020, 10:07 AMEsxile
Give it the coh1 marder3 standing ability. Some bonuses (rotation speed, damage per shell, range or rate of fire) in exchange of being static for a while.

Not sure if you'd really want it to have even more range. Though increased ROF and rotation speed when 'hulled down' might work well to give it more defensive oomph without making it too oppressive when on the move. Definitely one of the better ideas I've read so far.
10 Jun 2020, 11:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2020, 10:51 AMMMX

Not sure if you'd really want it to have even more range. Though increased ROF and rotation speed when 'hulled down' might work well to give it more defensive oomph without making it too oppressive when on the move. Definitely one of the better ideas I've read so far.

Well one could lower base stat and move them to ability that could scale with veterancy.

Or one could simply make the barrage a vet 1 ability similar to Brumbar and make it free.

(Actually I the unit was MVP (2 of them) in my last game with 9.900 damage vs vehicles and seem to me it that is is a good support unit for Soviet heavies/super heavies.)
10 Jun 2020, 11:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2020, 10:51 AMMMX

I'm not really advocating for any of those in particular. I think the problem with the S76 is from a more global issue with Soviet: their over reliance on the T70, it is sad that you can't avoid buidling a T70 unless you're already dominating and rushing for a T34.
10 Jun 2020, 12:25 PM

Giving SU-76 barrage low cooldown will make it cancerous experience in teamgames for axis. Currently Zis gun is less mobile, has less barrage range and is more vulnerable and can't always be there to barrage, meanwhile SU76 can go anywhere and just make it rain. 35MU, or whatever the cost is, is not high enough to discourage spamming it left and right. I'd rather leave the barrage as it is and make vet3 dmg boost to 160dmg like in case of vet3 Puma. This way you can have decent light TD if you preserve it (instead of early para-katyusha). 30s cooldown is a no-go imho.
10 Jun 2020, 14:20 PM

Bump the barrage cost to 40 if it's getting a cooldown buff maybe? Decrease cost with vet, buff vet 3 damage to 160 instead of the silly 140 model (for real wtf is this exactly?)

What if really like to see is more glass in exchange for more cannon.
Basicly:
Lower rear armour to the level of taking damage from small arms
In most cases this will do nothing, it's a 60 range speedster, but it would open a new avenue to tackle the su76 if it's not taken care of. It's an open back after all right?
Decrease barrage cooldown and increase cost to compensate.
More accessible as a support weapon but at a cost
Replace tracking with something else. Even a barrage buff in and of it self. Cooldown or cost
An upgrade unlocked when t4 is built that buffs the gun to zis clone levels
This isto ensure that a preserved su76 can become more and be usable in the late game, or offer an alternative economy option to the su85. It'll lack the pen but it'll be cheaper as well. Say an extra 20 fuel and some manpower? Or maybe a fuel ammo combo? Call it su76m upgrade? (I know the 76m was the main production model but we can wiggle a bit here I think)

Basicly scaling is what I'd like to see. Atm it's geared towards lights and doesn't really retain its value to warrant taking the fuel for it earlier. Not so much role refinement but longevity.
10 Jun 2020, 15:37 PM

Try not to over complicate it.

Switching vet 2 with the 3 so its mobility buffs come earlier and its damage (brought up to 160 at vet 3, this will somewhat increase its vet without effecting its current value) to come later.

If thats not desirable, just tinkle with barrage and rotations as said before, also changing vet 1 to be more orientated towards the unit.

The su76 is cheap enough already dosnt need to be any cheaper.
10 Jun 2020, 16:05 PM

Basicly scaling is what I'd like to see. Atm it's geared towards lights and doesn't really retain its value to warrant taking the fuel for it earlier. Not so much role refinement but longevity.

This is the big issue really. SOV has no use for an anti-light TD.

The T-70 already defeats every light vehicle but the Puma, which the SU-76m doesn't counter. It's, as is, a redundant unit.
10 Jun 2020, 16:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2020, 16:05 PMLago

This is the big issue really. SOV has no use for an anti-light TD.

The T-70 already defeats every light vehicle but the Puma, which the SU-76m doesn't counter. It's, as is, a redundant unit.

This is correct (I would change to Sov has little use of an anti-medium TD).

On the other hand I still use the unit to support soviet Super heavies.

It can barrage ATG and it good at damaging unit that try to flank and all that for a low pop.
10 Jun 2020, 16:36 PM

The only value it has is desperation comeback when you got like no other options at all. The t70 is just a straight up better option and is essentially on a level where youd have to make the su76 insane to even give it a remote chance of competing with it
10 Jun 2020, 16:53 PM

Try not to over complicate it.

Switching vet 2 with the 3 so its mobility buffs come earlier and its damage (brought up to 160 at vet 3, this will somewhat increase its vet without effecting its current value) to come later.

If thats not desirable, just tinkle with barrage and rotations as said before, also changing vet 1 to be more orientated towards the unit.

The su76 is cheap enough already dosnt need to be any cheaper.

It could be cheaper and it wouldn't matter because nobody would build it. It could be free and I'm sure players wouldn't want to have to pay upkeep.
As said the poor lad is being tuned for a role it doesn't need. To fight a luchs in going to build a t70. To fight a Puma ill use a t70 and support. To kill a flak track I'll use a t70. To fight a 222 ill use a t70. There is no scenario that anyone is going to build the Su76 to counter lights. They simply don't need to.

Make it a glass medium counter and tune the su85 medium AT performance out.
10 Jun 2020, 17:43 PM

To bring su-76 back to the game it need get proper role. When this answer will be solved, will be solved su-76 problem. Because simple buffing the most silly way (it will could bring back some cancer in game rather than solve problem) and not make unit playable.
I like the way how PGrens and Ostwind were bring back to game, but for su-76 such trick will don't work. Any good buffs make from it cancer due it multipurpose role.
11 Jun 2020, 22:26 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Well, here's a random thing on the SU-76 that might help it at least engage when its trying to run away. A bug-fix if you will.

-Firing Cone from 2 to 5

All other casemate TDs have a firing cone of 5, in addition to better horizontal traverse radius. If the firing cone gets standardized to the other vehicles, the SU-76 would be slightly better at engaging units that are slightly off center. From what I've seen, if the vehicle is not dead center with the SU-76, it won't fire- likely due to said firing cone.
11 Jun 2020, 23:43 PM

Firing cone to 5 would certainly help. Any idea why it was so much lower?
12 Jun 2020, 01:17 AM

Ahha crushing infantry, OKW first patch when Euro truck simulator 1944 crushing rifles.

What a memory.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight