Login

russian armor

Sneaky PIAT commandos

PAGES (7)down
1 Jun 2020, 18:47 PM

No because Fallschirmjäger are more like regular elite infantry and are strong even without cloak meanwhile Commandos are completely useless without cloak because they do no damage at all at mid and far range.

Gives them 2 brens and watch.
1 Jun 2020, 19:08 PM

Then you would be bawling your eyes out for commando nerfs.

That's my full intention.
1 Jun 2020, 19:17 PM

I mean, someone compare commando cloak with pre neft rak without event remember that rak can cloak and move event without cover ?
1 Jun 2020, 19:18 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2020, 18:42 PMBaba
im sure we once agreed in this forum that the unability to deal with blobs comes down to a l2p issue

Absolutely. You punish blobs in late game with artillery.
The point is that MGs effectiveness during that point of the game lose value even against single squads because they are 50% as effective as in the early game and the only way to circumvent this is with vet which is easily lost at that point. And that doesn't counter it completely.
If crater light cover provided no benefit against suppression, it would have no effect on pintlemounted MGs cause the accuracy modifier would still be applying.

None of this will change for this game, but it's something i will like to see address in future versions.

If it was up to me, rocket artillery, mortars, tank shells and grenades shouldn't create cover. Would leave this to Howitzers, bombing strikes and so on.
1 Jun 2020, 19:20 PM

I mean..comon. the Piat is a big gun. At this point you equip them..you cannot sneak around like commandos it do.
1 Jun 2020, 19:22 PM

I mean..comon. the Piat is a big gun. At this point you equip them..you cannot sneak around like commandos it do.

pls dont argue with logic.. xD coh2 is all but a sim
1 Jun 2020, 19:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2020, 19:22 PMBaba

pls dont argue with logic.. xD coh2 is all but a sim

but it would be a fair trade. yat this moment any squad equip a AT handheld you cnnont sneak around...you get only cammo in cover...you will be seen.
like pgrens with cammo upgrade
1 Jun 2020, 19:29 PM

its hard to compare Commandos with ambush training, dont you think
+ you have stormtroopers with shreks who can walk while in stealth
1 Jun 2020, 19:30 PM

If storms can do it with much larger shreck...
Partisans also do not seem to struggle.
1 Jun 2020, 19:52 PM

PIAT commandos are fine. They cost a pretty penny of population, manpower and you basically kill their potent CQC AI capabilities. For what? Killing light vehicles? They can't kill any heavy vehicles with PIATs, they can scratch the paint of some mediums and maybe force a retreat of other mediums (like STUG). And most of the time you'll have to immediately retreat after going out of camo. Also, you can easily keep the 222 alive to scout.
Complaining about doctrinal units that have to spend 100 muni to kill light vehicles with sneak tactics (which requires micro) is pathetic, to say the least.
1 Jun 2020, 19:57 PM

I think 5 commandos are bigger than 2 PIATS
1 Jun 2020, 23:15 PM

PIAT commandos are fine. They cost a pretty penny of population, manpower and you basically kill their potent CQC AI capabilities. For what? Killing light vehicles? They can't kill any heavy vehicles with PIATs, they can scratch the paint of some mediums and maybe force a retreat of other mediums (like STUG). And most of the time you'll have to immediately retreat after going out of camo. Also, you can easily keep the 222 alive to scout.
Complaining about doctrinal units that have to spend 100 muni to kill light vehicles with sneak tactics (which requires micro) is pathetic, to say the least.

absolutely right
2 Jun 2020, 15:52 PM

I think that is worth mentioning that once they reach vet 3 one can use commandos rather reckless since the 5 entities and auto smoke are very forgiving.
2 Jun 2020, 15:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2020, 23:15 PMRiley

absolutely right

Absolutely not.

1. They don't cost as much as suggested for what they get.
2. You don't kill their ai capability as much as suggested. They will still beat most unupgraded axis infantry closerange even when equipped with piat/s.
3. They can and will kill heavy/medium vehicles with piats as they have elite version of piats. By this I mean that they will behave in a largely similar way to pzgrens with shrecks plus will have more durability. (It is really curious how some forum members keep demonizing shrecked pzgrens but are worried about "wasting" their own elite infantry when equipping them with bazookas/piats and downplaying their effectiveness).
4. Retreating out of camo is not a big thing, as they will often pop smoke and have 5 men. They're not a sniper and they are very forgiving. Even without vet smoke they will be fine.
5. Keeping 222 for scouting is much more difficult than allied lights.
6. Complaining about elite infantry with piats moving head on straight in between axis units and, for some reason, can't be seen is not pathetic. It is justified and much less pathetic than being afraid of 4men visible pzgren squads. The mechanics of moving half the map full speed cloaked in front of enemy troops in just ridiculous.
7. Spending 100 munitions to kill a vehicle is actually a very good trade, especially that the piats remain on the infantry that will safely return to base.
8. There is a commander in ost rooster with camo. The ability occupies the whole commander slot, you need to pay extra to make it possible for a given unit to equip it, and on top of that it works only when stationary and in cover. Oddly enough, it was considered broken and OP.
2 Jun 2020, 16:27 PM
Donator 11

3. They can and will kill heavy/medium vehicles with piats as they have elite version of piats. By this I mean that they will behave in a largely similar way to pzgrens with shrecks plus will have more durability. (It is really curious how some forum members keep demonizing shrecked pzgrens but are worried about "wasting" their own elite infantry when equipping them with bazookas/piats and downplaying their effectiveness).

As much as I agree with you that Commandos with PIATs are strong enough to be viable, there is no such thing as 'elite' PIATs.
2 Jun 2020, 16:44 PM

guess they are a dedicated at unit after all

commandos even had 2 bounces while all shrek shot pennetrated
2 Jun 2020, 16:49 PM

I'm out of this thread. The arguments being thrown here have nothing to do with reality and I'm not wasting my time arguing with people I've never met. This whole thread is IMO worthless.
Peace
2 Jun 2020, 16:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jun 2020, 16:44 PMBaba
guess they are a dedicated at unit after all

Wow :) A really cool video. Wish I was able to do sth like that so quickly.
2 Jun 2020, 16:58 PM

If anything the PIAT is probably the stealthiest AT weapon in World War II, it had barely any propellant so there was no backblast, it was smaller than the alternatives (although heavy) and it was basically designed for close-quarters and urban combat versus tanks due to the above.
2 Jun 2020, 16:59 PM

If anything the PIAT is probably the stealthiest AT weapon in World War II, it had barely any propellant so there was no backblast, it was smaller than the alternatives (although heavy) and it was basically designed for close-quarters and urban combat versus tanks due to the above.

Isnt the piat a mortar?
If so, when exactly were mortars designed to be close quarter weapons?
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight