Login

russian armor

Sneaky PIAT commandos

PAGES (7)down
1 Jun 2020, 14:23 PM

If you put Piats on Commandos, you should be able to use vet 0 stealth to kill tanks. You are basically wasting 2 suppressed sten guns which is incredible waste of the entire squad.
1 Jun 2020, 14:23 PM

They could be still be used like other Assault units like Pgrens, Shocktroops, etc. where you send them on flanks. They would still have stationary camo so still can throw a bundle nade and wipe unattended units.

well unlike pgrens and shocks, they are meant to infiltrate.
its hight risk high reward sending them into the enemy backline and not that easy to pull off either
1 Jun 2020, 14:37 PM

Remember the time when Raketen could camo and sneak behind lines to takeout rocket arties? This commando+PIAT combo is just that...so why shouldn't this be addressed when raketen got nerfed?

Cost would be a huge factor...
1 Jun 2020, 15:26 PM

As for the Rak comparison, I am all for Raks being stealthy at vet0 in a -cover to cover- way

It had to go because they used the outdated stealth system, but if it was possible to remake into the new one, it would work like charm
1 Jun 2020, 15:33 PM

I am becoming famous :hyper:

Cheers SweeTroll, never could do it without you

I only did it because I was told commandos would get suppressed PIATs at vet 3 - disappointed :romeoMug:
1 Jun 2020, 16:31 PM

It should work only in green cover. Fixed. Maybe in yellow but only when stationary.

Running head on into your enemy and not being seen is broken as hell. The same problem related to lategame terrain full of holes is connected with falls first strike bonus. Also broken. The solution from above, maybe not ideal but simple, fixes both.
1 Jun 2020, 16:45 PM

It should work only in green cover. Fixed. Maybe in yellow but only when stationary.

Running head on into your enemy and not being seen is broken as hell. The same problem related to lategame terrain full of holes is connected with falls first strike bonus. Also broken. The solution from above, maybe not ideal but simple, fixes both.

I've got better idea, which is even more simple and fixes literally all "problems" from this thread.

1 Jun 2020, 16:59 PM

I've got better idea, which is even more simple and fixes literally all "problems" from this thread.

Dear Sir,
I declare that Your solution is not good enough. The squad from the video wasn't really sneaking or using any elaborate tactics. It provided vision to its army and piat destruction without much micro imput due to small detection radius of camoed units. The camo bonus resulted only from an unintended and not predicted correlation between the craters from artillery strikes and the possibility of using them as a continuous camo source. Taking all the above into account I believe my solution is much better as it will force players not to simply rush forwards with camoed elite units, but will require them to actually set up ambushes and make the risk/reward situation more even.
Sincerely and always Yours,
achpawel
1 Jun 2020, 17:20 PM

Dear Sir,
I declare that Your solution is not good enough.

I assure you, this solution is good enough for 99,9% on balance forum, this one including.
1 Jun 2020, 17:31 PM

I assure you, this solution is good enough for 99,9% on balance forum, this one including.

Although there is some sense in Your answer, I will kindly stick to my opinion in this specific case.

There are no people on earth who are more blind than those who refuse to see.

we all know this man katitof is just posting for the sake of posting but i think this one time hes right

its easier to take care of your vehicles than it is to sneak a commando unit through the middle vp and half your army without being detected
its not like the trees suddenly started talking on all sides
1 Jun 2020, 17:33 PM

While I don't think commandos necessarily need any changes to their camo mechanics, I do believe reducing the amount of light cover created in the late game (by removing it from light artillery & rocket artillery craters) would help to make late game infantry positioning more meaningful, and more punishing to attack-moving blobs (though this is somewhat offtopic).

Boy is that a long-ass sentence.
1 Jun 2020, 17:40 PM

what? no
that yellow cover is the only way for infantry to advance without getting shredded by.. well everything
if you know your enemy is going for sneaky commando plays, get a counter.
remember that rock scissors paper aspect of coh2? íts still present for commandos
1 Jun 2020, 18:13 PM

What is this thread?

I am so confused.
1 Jun 2020, 18:15 PM

What is this thread?

I am so confused.

its nonsense.
people are looking for artificial reasons to keep this forum alive or something.
yesterday they wanted to remove sandbags, today its loiters, stealth and even yellow cover craters

who knows whats it gonna be tomorrow ^^

1 Jun 2020, 18:17 PM

Since fallschirm and commando are alike, and fallschirm need to wait vet 2 or 3 to be able to move under camouflage, maybe we could implement the same thing with commando to prevent some sneaky point cap or raketen-like ramp strategy.

No because Fallschirmjäger are more like regular elite infantry and are strong even without cloak meanwhile Commandos are completely useless without cloak because they do no damage at all at mid and far range.
1 Jun 2020, 18:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

What is this thread?

I am so confused.

Someone watched a random casted game and suddenly had the urge to go screaming in the forums OP OP.

I'm heavily disappointed by this community that in 3 pages no one mentioned PG with camo and sprint is a possibility since forever.

IB4, they don't have lingering stealth. OP is complaining about maps filled with yellow cover which is common on any teamgame in late game.

1 Jun 2020, 18:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2020, 18:15 PMBaba

its nonsense.
people are looking for artificial reasons to keep this forum alive or something.
yesterday they wanted to remove sandbags, today its loiters, stealth and even yellow cover craters

who knows whats it gonna be tomorrow ^^

1- Removing sandbags is stupid. Now, going for a middle point between spamming them while hugging strat points and nerfing can be achieved.

2- Loiters had always been stupid but if people just realise this now after 7 years, oh boy they are slow.

3- Light cover generated by explosions had always been a latent issue which drags the late game into blobbing and reduces MG effectiveness. I've always said that for CoH3, light cover generated by explosions should at least not provide any sort of suppression benefit.
1 Jun 2020, 18:42 PM

3 - em, i think that the means to create those craters are also sound to hit a blob
if i play a teamgame which makes it to late game (rarely happens because most games someone rq s early on) blobs are being barraged by more than one rocket arty once they start forming. most heavy tanks are pretty punishing to blobs aswell
and lets not forget our beloved loiters

what good is yellow cover against a 132mm rocket?
atleast give infantry the chance not to be destroyed by some pintlemounted mgs

im sure we once agreed in this forum that the unability to deal with blobs comes down to a l2p issue
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 54
Germany 34

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak