Should sandbags be adjusted
Option Distribution Votes
55%
45%
Total votes: 67
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
16 May 2020, 12:18 PM

UKF
Reduce section cost to 260, increase sappers cost to 220, move sandbags to sappers. Tommies can still build trenches in friendly territory.

USF
All sandbags and mines are given to Rear Echelons with doctrine picks (heavy cav and infantry)

SOV
Allow conscripts to build sandbags but halve their construction speed and increase target size of these sandbags.

OKW
Move sandbags from Volks to Spios. Decrease Spio build cost from 300 to 250-260 and increase their reinforce cost by 3-4 per model.

Ost performance in 3v3/4v4 will not be affected whatsoever and I have the Ostheer rank to prove I know what I'm talking about.
aaa
16 May 2020, 12:54 PM

no
16 May 2020, 13:16 PM

You should just add a simple yes/no poll to the starting post.

I vote yes.

In addison to the obvius advantages of being able to spam sandbags everywhere with mainline: Being able to build defences with mainline instead of support units is too strong and unbalanced towards factions that require the investment in resources or time of using a support unit. This unbalance comes especially clear with the OST pioneer: In the early game where in addison to the normal capping and fighting role the pioneer has to scout for the MG and is the sole source of cover building.
16 May 2020, 13:29 PM

no
16 May 2020, 15:16 PM

No because making sandbags building less convenient = less sandbags = more run&gun blobs.

If anything, trenches are OP and should take longer to build or be only buildable by engineer unit.
16 May 2020, 15:56 PM

UKF
Reduce section cost to 260, increase sappers cost to 220, move sandbags to sappers. Tommies can still build trenches in friendly territory.

Increase section cost to 280, moving acc to 0,35/0,4 and give them Heat grenade with tech to be done with it. Then sandbags and trench can be moved to sapper.
16 May 2020, 16:02 PM

Increase section cost to 280, moving acc to 0,35/0,4 and give them Heat grenade with tech to be done with it. Then sandbags and trench can be moved to sapper.

Moving accuracy is fine as it is.

HEAT grenade wouldn't be a bad idea tbh. I'd like to see a snare that doesn't damage the engine.
16 May 2020, 16:11 PM

UKF
Ost performance in 3v3/4v4 will not be affected whatsoever and I have the Ostheer rank to prove I know what I'm talking about.

This is the single most elitist BS I've seen in a while. You have the rank but that doesn't mean you know what you're talking about. The post is OK but please don't think that ranks give you power. I know a PhD chemist that tried to debunk me when I said that water is the liquid with the highest specific heat capacity (they were having a deep "philosophical/phenomenological" discussion on heat and other BS and were throwing some high-tech molecules around as potential candidates) and laughed in my face as to what a physicist is trying to lecture a PhD chemist on the chemistry. Of course, a quick google search revealed I was right. The point is, never throw your "titles" around. Most of the time, it's just dic* measurement that leads to no valid arguments or discussions.
16 May 2020, 16:50 PM

Imo for usf ost and soviets the sandbags are fine as is.

For ukf i agree move the sandbags to sappers. Same with okw to sturms. The mp cost changes seem good but may need some tweaking. 260 mp for sturms seems a bit to low imo.
16 May 2020, 16:53 PM

Get rid of sandbags and put them on engineers.
16 May 2020, 17:00 PM

I agree and have made this suggestions year ago.

In addition tank trap should be changed to yellow cover.
16 May 2020, 19:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2020, 17:00 PMVipper
I agree and have made this suggestions year ago.

In addition tank trap should be changed to yellow cover.

In that case, RE should get sandbags on top. Would be unfair otherwise
16 May 2020, 20:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I voted yes, but i would not remove them.

Increase build time on sandbag on all problematic units by 50%. Reduce this penalty once they get vet 2.

If someone wants to sandbag cap, it should waste more time in order to do so.
16 May 2020, 21:16 PM

Voted Yes almost blindly. The game desperately need a sandbag overhaul.

Sandbags are for defensive strategies, i agree with elchino7 about the time required to build sandbags is too low and IMO promotes push/stall tactics.

IMO engineer units shouldnt have to build sbags, OST can be an exception that enforces the pio supportive roll for TW. But for the rest of the mainlines i would say that conscripts are fine with it, volks are something in the middle and tommies are simply abusing the ability beyond a reasonable logic. To remove the ability is cool for volks and tommies. Tommies can still build trenches and volks should be focused more on mobility. In my personal opinion.
16 May 2020, 21:23 PM

snip

Last time orangepest made a suggestion for Grens he was told it would break teamgames.

Now I’m backing up my suggestion with a rank to support my claim that this would not break teamgames.
16 May 2020, 21:35 PM

Maybe could change sandbag to trench,at least you can not capture point and garrison at the same time,and sandbag for all engineer will be good but not for OKW,StormPioneer already cost 8 pop,most time can not have second squad
16 May 2020, 21:40 PM

Make sandbag cost 30 manpower.

It is easy to spam them so with a fair cost people will start thinking where they really need them.

Increasing building time is interesting also, or isn't possible to simply disable capping while building sandbag or tank traps?
16 May 2020, 21:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2020, 21:40 PMEsxile
Make sandbag cost 30 manpower.

It is easy to spam them so with a fair cost people will start thinking where they really need them.

Increasing building time is interesting also, or isn't possible to simply disable capping while building sandbag or tank traps?

You might just as well remove them from the game if you were to slap any kind of cost that isn't time.
16 May 2020, 22:00 PM

StormPioneer already cost 8 pop,most time can not have second squad

The point is to allow OKW to have 2 sweepers on the field. If that also required a decrease to 7 or 6 pop, so be it.
16 May 2020, 22:02 PM

I'm not sure about the stat/cost changes, but I absolutely agree that no mainline should be able to build sandbags. Voted yes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★