IL2 Precision strike seems uncounterable

PAGES (8)down
30 Apr 2020, 23:59 PM

B R A C E for ost
J/k
1 May 2020, 00:13 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Probably not possible to code it.

How about scuttling so that half the cost is returned?

Probably.

The problem is that a buff on Howitzers can make them really cancerous on 3v3+
1 May 2020, 00:15 AM

Probably.

The problem is that a buff on Howitzers can make them really cancerous on 3v3+

I think a performance nerf and a survivability buff would make them more viable overall and less frustrating.

Maybe allow scuttle for 50%/75% of resources, but nerf AoE of shells? Could also nerf range, which means closer to danger so harder to keep alive.
1 May 2020, 00:42 AM

Maybe Howziter from Soviet, Ostheer and OKW can be move around the map with very slow speed? ( slow like Soviet AT camo slow speed )

Consider the Brit and US have moveable arty platform? Also by letting Howziter moveable, people would actually try to play those commander more ( Consider in 2vs2 top tier you goes Howziter enemy will just blow it anyway )

Is it codeable? No ? And Arty can only be move after done firing for 20 seconds?
1 May 2020, 02:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2020, 23:33 PMGrumpy

100% agreed, which is why I don't really want to see any buffs for howitzers. Having units randomly disappear doesn't make for fun games.

Yeah after the cooldown change I think they are in as good a spot as they can be
1 May 2020, 02:40 AM

You can't realistically counter single pass planes in a real game against a player who selects the shortest route possible.

You need the AA unit to be in position, not hitting anything on the ground, having it's cannons aligned, having full clip and somehow having vision from the side the plane is coming around.

Special bonus if you try to counter recon planes, cause the crashing plane provides vision as well.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/83547/vision-offmap-planes

The amount of times I've shot down a recon plane only for it to crash into what it was likely trying to recon for a strike is embarrassing and appalling quite frankly....
1 May 2020, 02:45 AM

My brainstorm idea:

Howitzers and Pak43 like units get their crew to behave like USF vehicles. They can abandon the weapon which would self destruct (have to think of this in order to avoid abuse) but they have the ability to re-construct their weapon and crew it themselves for half the cost.

You need to be fast to react and the offmap still deals some economic damage.

Or you could add BRACE kappa
1 May 2020, 03:20 AM

Wait till you find out about the ostheer space bomb.
1 May 2020, 03:55 AM

The amount of times I've shot down a recon plane only for it to crash into what it was likely trying to recon for a strike is embarrassing and appalling quite frankly....

I lost an hour long game on Steppes once because I shot down a recon plane at the North VP. It crashed into my con squad and wiped it. The other team capped with an engineer to win with maybe 8 vp's left. Gotta love RNG.
1 May 2020, 05:44 AM

I think a performance nerf and a survivability buff would make them more viable overall and less frustrating.

Maybe allow scuttle for 50%/75% of resources, but nerf AoE of shells? Could also nerf range, which means closer to danger so harder to keep alive.

Your point is Howie can be one shoot by off map, isn't ? If so, scuttle have to be really fast, or the off map will fini5the Howie and you dont get anything at all.
1 May 2020, 07:27 AM

I am not sure what is the point of all these suggestions.

The mod made changes to some off map so that they can one shoot static howitzer and now we want to make changes to howitzer so that they can not be killed with one shot?

One has simply to decide is howitzer should be countered with one off map or not.

If they are not meant to easily countered by off map I would start by removing stock reckon planes passes from USF/UKF.
1 May 2020, 07:55 AM

Probably not possible to code it.

How about scuttling so that half the cost is returned?

Well, you can already abandon team weapons in soviet campaign.
Or at least you could.
1 May 2020, 08:47 AM

That's why the lack of Self-Propelled gun is quite problematic for the axis side in team game.

Overall you will always lose if you let the game turn into an arty contest, so try to end it before or pressure enough.

The best exemple to figure it out is most game on Rzhev, I think everyone already played a game like that.
1 May 2020, 10:08 AM

That's why the lack of Self-Propelled gun is quite problematic for the axis side in team game.

Overall you will always lose if you let the game turn into an arty contest, so try to end it before or pressure enough.

The best exemple to figure it out is most game on Rzhev, I think everyone already played a game like that.

Wait What ? so pwerfer and stuka are bad ? i cant remember a game where we as axis lost the arty duel.

The 2 Meta docs are Jäger armor and Sturm. both have the abilitys to snipe the enemy arty very well.

And with the counterbarage ur Lefhs are pretty much better than every arty the enemy has. build 2, 1 on counterbarage and one on to pick of targets.
1 May 2020, 10:18 AM

this is basically Becouse of physics. The bombs travel in the air at the same speed the plane does, before it's dropped. I think the game tries to represent this, thats why some of the bombs landed even though the plane was shot down
1 May 2020, 10:28 AM

Wait What ? so pwerfer and stuka are bad ? i cant remember a game where we as axis lost the arty duel.

The 2 Meta docs are Jäger armor and Sturm. both have the abilitys to snipe the enemy arty very well.

And with the counterbarage ur Lefhs are pretty much better than every arty the enemy has. build 2, 1 on counterbarage and one on to pick of targets.

And both Priest and Sexton are Meta docs and have Self-Propelled gun which are far better at counter arty than anything for the simple reason that they can move. And I don't think that you want to lose 50kg bomb+reco to something that might dodge it if the player isn't bad.

So either you don't let them reach this state or you lose.

And Pzwerfer are bad, yes.
1 May 2020, 10:44 AM

And This is absolutely fine, the Dive Stuka is also impossible to shoot down and I absolutely agree with this situation. Because for the Soviets, this is the only effective way to counter the howitzers. Other fractions have more choices for this: the Germans have the Stuka, counter-batteries fire, railroad strike, artillery strike. The United States and the British have a variety of artillery strikes and mobile artillery self-propelled guns that are more tenacious for strikes.
There is no problem.
1 May 2020, 10:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Apr 2020, 21:28 PMGrumpy

Well, you aren't gonna get there by building lots of howitzers......just sayin......

I only built 1 to try and fight sim city lol, where does the post imply I’m spamming howitzers?

And This is absolutely fine, the Dive Stuka is also impossible to shoot down.

Kind of, the problem is the IL2 being uncounterable also spells doom for any Heavy tanks that get snared.

Wait till you find out about the ostheer space bomb.

The Third Reich had spaceships with orbital bombardment, I saw it on history channel. They also colonized the moon!
1 May 2020, 11:00 AM

And This is absolutely fine, the Dive Stuka is also impossible to shoot down and I absolutely agree with this situation. Because for the Soviets, this is the only effective way to counter the howitzers. Other fractions have more choices for this: the Germans have the Stuka, counter-batteries fire, railroad strike, artillery strike. The United States and the British have a variety of artillery strikes and mobile artillery self-propelled guns that are more tenacious for strikes.
There is no problem.

Agree with the soviet, they deserve a reliable counter to Lefh as much as Ostheer deserve the stuka dive.

However the lack of counter to self-propelled gun is a balance issue in my opinion.
1 May 2020, 11:05 AM

And both Priest and Sexton are Meta docs and have Self-Propelled gun which are far better at counter arty than anything for the simple reason that they can move. And I don't think that you want to lose 50kg bomb+reco to something that might dodge it if the player isn't bad.

So either you don't let them reach this state or you lose.

And Pzwerfer are bad, yes.

The problem lies also with the fact that both Priest and sexton comes with off map that can counter howitzer and stock reckon planes.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 39
unknown 6
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %