Login

russian armor

IL2 Precision strike seems uncounterable

PAGES (8)down
4 May 2020, 20:48 PM

...like we did past 7 years without an issue.

Why bother fixing the game, if it was played like this for 7 years.

Status quo at its finest.

I hope none of the dev team takes your post seriously kat.

I simply prefer to disagree, but leaving people have its opinion and if changes succeed, adapt and keep playing.
4 May 2020, 20:52 PM

Why bother fixing the game, if it was played like this for 7 years.

Status quo at its finest.

I hope none of the dev team takes your post seriously kat.

I simply prefer to disagree, but leaving people have its opinion and if changes succeed, adapt and keep playing.

You're trying to change a wheel that isn't flat.
The thing that make the annoying noise is the passenger behind you and him repeating the wheel is flat and needs to be changed asap isn't going to make it flat.

That's why.

This thread is basically complaining for the sake of complaining.
5 May 2020, 08:09 AM

Single pass planes can be shot down before delivering the payload.

Actually a Quad can shoot stuka fragmentation plane, the closest thing to IL-2 bombing run if the flight path bring it near it. And the right circumstances it will shoot it down quite reliably.

The problem with the video in OP is that Ostwinds are to close to to release point of the bombs that happen before the plane reaches the target so when they stat to fire they simply can not shoot it down it time.

If they where placed earlier in the flight path they would shoot before it releases the payload.
5 May 2020, 08:52 AM

If people are embarrassed by the fact that the IL-2 cannot be shot down, replace the IL-2 with a precision artillery strike that is guaranteed to destroy howitzers. Because IL-2 is the only counter for howitzers in the Soviet faction. In general, this whole situation amuses me. A diving strike also cannot be shot down because there is no aircraft, artillery strikes with similar performance in different fractions are also impossible to counter, but after 7 years the IL-2 became a problem. It's ridiculous.
5 May 2020, 09:06 AM

If people are embarrassed by the fact that the IL-2 cannot be shot down, replace the IL-2 with a precision artillery strike that is guaranteed to destroy howitzers. Because IL-2 is the only counter for howitzers in the Soviet faction. In general, this whole situation amuses me. A diving strike also cannot be shot down because there is no aircraft, artillery strikes with similar performance in different fractions are also impossible to counter, but after 7 years the IL-2 became a problem. It's ridiculous.

There is indeed quite a lot of double standards for both sides, and for both axis/allies players. This reminds me of the whole Dshk & T34 Ram & Close Range Battles (CQBs) which has been around for years but only now people complain due to a change of meta, despite that being the same over and over again for years.
5 May 2020, 09:23 AM

There is indeed quite a lot of double standards for both sides, and for both axis/allies players. This reminds me of the whole Dshk & T34 Ram & Close Range Battles (CQBs) which has been around for years but only now people complain due to a change of meta, despite that being the same over and over again for years.

T-34 Ram was garbage all these years, it was needed only at the start of the game when Ram + ML-20 was the only count for the Elephant. And even now, I continue to think that the T-34 Ram is rubbish. Suicide ability in the game is the main mechanic in which to save their units and get veterans for them. Yes, thanks, but I can reliably destroy a heavy tank without breaking 300 MP and 90 fuel. Any day I will change Ram to accelerate the tank. Because many people think that the T-34 is a cheap flank tank. But he has nothing for this: neither speed nor acceleration and the worst penetration of all medium tanks. And I would agree with the worst penetration if the T-34 had acceleration, and I have long been proposing to replace Ram with Fire and Maneuver that gives acceleration and increases the speed of rotation of the turret and it would really be a flank tank. The only where the T-34 is now useful is with one commander and then only as a suicide unit.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 9
United States 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %