Login

russian armor

Mappatch 2020 - Info

20 Apr 2020, 21:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2020, 20:13 PMGrumpy
I'd also like to see Port of Hamburg redone as it seems like my win rate is much worse from the right side, regardless of faction

Port of Hamburg rework with the canals removed so there's actually more than 1 path to approach the fuels/vps, rip the dream
20 Apr 2020, 21:18 PM

People still play and like the map even with the fences over years. So I don't go with that risk; sorry

According to map stats only Lierneux gets played less. The sad thing is I sort of like Vaux for being one of the few maps that allow flanking and mobility but at the same time every time completely avoidable things completely ruin it.

We could make the map so much better by making the big stone garrison at the south fuel semi-destroyed and not garrisonable, removing fences, removing some of the obscene number of sight and shot-blockers everywhere and cleaning up the middle.
20 Apr 2020, 21:23 PM

It is more complicated as i can write public, sorry.

Everyone has their own personal issues and absolutely no one would hold it against you for taking a step back, but I don't think the community at large should suffer as a result, which is why asking for help would be better than the map updates being few and far between.
20 Apr 2020, 22:02 PM

Sorry no, The mappool is already very big. But I know that there are different people in automatch, who have different opionen and gamestyle. I consider that when i think about removing maps. So that we have variety in mappool.

The more the merrier imho. The current maps are very much ok tbh. Shame a bit. As a 1v1 player I feel that more maps make every skirmish more unique and less repetitive. Might keep players happier if the maps don't repeat that often.
20 Apr 2020, 23:08 PM

For 1v1, Angoville and Arnehm deserve to be thrown in the gutter. Add all the maps from the Cohrona Cup.

For 2v2, get rid of Lierneux. This abomination has no place in the ladder pool. Agree with Blvckdream. Remove the fences on Vaux, problem solved, map is good.

Add Wolfheze and Duclair, seeeing how these were used in previous tourneys.

All that, and the map pool is in good shape.
20 Apr 2020, 23:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2020, 23:08 PMFarlion
For 1v1, Angoville and Arnehm deserve to be thrown in the gutter. Add all the maps from the Cohrona Cup.

For 2v2, get rid of Lierneux. This abomination has no place in the ladder pool. Agree with Blvckdream. Remove the fences on Vaux, problem solved, map is good.

Add Wolfheze and Duclair, seeeing how these were used in previous tourneys.

All that, and the map pool is in good shape.

Wolfhetze yes, Duclair no.

I like Wolfhetze because it's a wide map that allows mobility but it probably still needs some fixes for the trains and garrisons. Could be added to automatch after that stuff is fixed.

Duclair is horrible IMO because it's basically like all these camper maps Minsk, Poltawa, Rails etc. There is only one VP that can be contested and every single game ends in a huge slugfest over that VP. Artillery spam + ISU/Ele. It's also severely lacking in basic fundamentals of map-making.
21 Apr 2020, 00:21 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2020, 20:35 PMLatch
Please be Kholodny Ferma thats removed *Crosses fingers and toes*

Reported to the admins, ban incoming.
21 Apr 2020, 01:18 AM

Port of Hamburg rework with the canals removed so there's actually more than 1 path to approach the fuels/vps, rip the dream

I had an 87 minute (hour and a half) game on that map. The center VP is so constricted that it's really difficult to cap. It's much worse from the right because there's only one viable approach, which means that people will shell the area with howitzers and rocket arty, randomly deleting squads. It's worse in 4v4 than in 3's because units are so stacked on each other that howitzers vet fast if not deleted.

screenshot from end of game:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d5qdsioghy8i6vd/relic00104.jpg?dl

This was my worst game but I had several others that went over an hour.
21 Apr 2020, 01:21 AM

remove poltawa plz
21 Apr 2020, 01:32 AM

can we put back some winter fire blizzard heavy snow maps in 4v4!? imagine the pleasant surprise most players get with blizzard is back! this engine can do more than what is shown! so show it!

can we also have more veto ticks for 3v3 so we can filter out more maps in 3v3?
21 Apr 2020, 02:32 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2020, 01:32 AMmrgame2
can we put back some winter fire blizzard heavy snow maps in 4v4!?

What on God's green earth is this natural disaster and how do I stay hella far from it?!? :help:
21 Apr 2020, 02:39 AM

remove poltawa plz

Seconded. It looks like a fair map on first glance, but I don't think I've ever enjoyed a single game on it. It just gets so 'lane-y', decending into a hell of heavy tanks, defensive lines and artillery spam.
21 Apr 2020, 03:50 AM

What on God's green earth is this natural disaster and how do I stay hella far from it?!? :help:

Yes!

Cold soldiers die without burning tanks!

There is also melting ice caps, blocker rivers freezing back into ice path!
amazing tactics need to make a comeback as these are refreshing for player base!

4v4 who cares about perfect balance? go!
Welcome them all back!
21 Apr 2020, 07:31 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2020, 01:32 AMmrgame2
can we put back some winter fire blizzard heavy snow maps in 4v4!? imagine the pleasant surprise most players get with blizzard is back! this engine can do more than what is shown! so show it!

can we also have more veto ticks for 3v3 so we can filter out more maps in 3v3?

- no cold tech in automatch sorry
- no we can not. Because the vetos are direct connected with the amount of maps you have in the 3vs3 pool.
21 Apr 2020, 12:19 PM

I second the wish to add some CoH1 remakes to 2vs2 poll

As for removals, can we get rid of Road to Kharkov pls? I know it has good played/vetoed stats, but its just a ridiculous trash: Insta-death sentence for northern spawn if players perform equally. Yet another narrow tunnel with 0 hope of flanking. Exagerrated cutoff power. Limited approaches to the middle VP area

As for 1vs1, either (and this hurts me to say it) Arnhem or Unbalanced Glider, since these along with Langres are the biggest offenders in cutoff defendability and HQ to VP balance
21 Apr 2020, 12:22 PM

I'd rather not if we're going to end up getting another semoisky nightmare..

There was this one large hedge map in 2v2 in coh1 which I remember enjoying.
21 Apr 2020, 12:43 PM

As for removals, can we get rid of Road to Kharkov pls? I know it has good played/vetoed stats, but its just a ridiculous trash: Insta-death sentence for northern spawn if players perform equally. Yet another narrow tunnel with 0 hope of flanking. Exagerrated cutoff power. Limited approaches to the middle VP area

As for 1vs1, either (and this hurts me to say it) Arnhem or Unbalanced Glider, since these along with Langres are the biggest offenders in cutoff defendability and HQ to VP balance

I dislike most of the vcoh adaptions and don't want more of them.
21 Apr 2020, 18:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2020, 02:39 AMCyanara

Seconded. It looks like a fair map on first glance, but I don't think I've ever enjoyed a single game on it. It just gets so 'lane-y', decending into a hell of heavy tanks, defensive lines and artillery spam.

...but it's a great map to try Encirclement on....

j/k....It gets a veto regardless of which faction I'm playing. It's probably my least favorite next to Lierneux, which seems like some sort of Frankenstein map that someone pasted together from three dissimilar maps.
21 Apr 2020, 23:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2020, 18:27 PMGrumpy

It's probably my least favorite next to Lierneux, which seems like some sort of Frankenstein map that someone pasted together from three dissimilar maps.

Good to know I'm not crazy. I vetoed Lierneux back when OKW couldn't clear buildings and only unvetoed this week now that things are more balanced. I immediately regretted it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight