Login

russian armor

LOL why build heavy tanks anymore?

11 Apr 2020, 02:07 AM

They made them 100% worse. Cost increases, CP increase, increased cool down time, they suck against infantry? They made them worse in so many ways without compensating in anyway.

I wish the game had professional game testers do balance patches. I don't think anything pisses me off more with these patches than when they make a unit worse than it was before, and then increase it's cost at same time. Honestly that's worse than buffing a unit and decreasing it's cost because at least with the latter you're adding a unit rather than subtracting one.
11 Apr 2020, 02:08 AM

Well, proffessional game testers often cost a money that the game currently doesnt have.

But you could pay them! And we all can enjoy the benefits!
11 Apr 2020, 04:13 AM

I think it should keep high aoe damage but limit single shot only harm 2 model like ostwind
11 Apr 2020, 05:31 AM

Yeah because everyone wants to fight the same heavy tank stall for 2 years straight.
11 Apr 2020, 05:39 AM

How is this a bad thing?
11 Apr 2020, 08:27 AM

Literally no one will miss heavy tank meta.
They should NEVER be the end of it all option and they clearly outperformed everything, being almost the best AI vehicle while having DPM and penetration of tank destroyers, Tiger being biggest offender here.
11 Apr 2020, 09:24 AM

Tbh from my experience they are still 100% worth the investment
11 Apr 2020, 17:59 PM

Tbh from my experience they are still 100% worth the investment

I'm removing Heavy Cavalry Company from my top 3 USF commander roster for the first time since 2017 when I bought this game.

You no longer have an effective heavy tank with that commander and are left with only Rangers, call in smoke, Riflemen field defenses and Combined Arms. Rangers as an elite anti-infantry unit are pretty meh, they come late, aren't effective without their expensive Thompson upgrade, and are pretty easily countered. Paratroopers are a much better infantry unit than Rangers. However, since I will no longer be building Pershings it might be good to replace the Pershing with two sqauds of triple bazooka Ranger sqauds. That might be a effective AT solution without the punishing fuel costs that buying a Pershing would incur.
11 Apr 2020, 18:06 PM

The reduction in anti-infantry performance is fairly minor. The increase in CP requirements was painfully, obviously needed.
11 Apr 2020, 18:15 PM

The reduction in anti-infantry performance is fairly minor. The increase in CP requirements was painfully, obviously needed.

The Pershing will now lose a 1v1 battle with Schrek equipped Panzergrens. Before that was not possible. Pretty pathetic for a 230 fuel and now 640 MP call in heavy tank. I saw this myself yesterday, immediately rolled my eyes and clicked "Exit to Windows".
11 Apr 2020, 19:52 PM

Pershing is currently the weakest heavy tank, while being expensive AF. Bafore this patch, all tanks were better at AI but Pershing was a beast against it. I played a couple of games with it, lost them all. Combined arms buff didn't help the following scenario:
3 rifleman with double bars, captain with double bars, pershing and jackson behind them vs a massive blob of shrecks and MG42s and infrareds. Shrecks bounced 0 times on Pershing and even a full blast at mid range killed 0 models and damaged two squads among a large blob to 50% hp. Keep in mind that I was the one dug in and he was rushing in.
Heavies should be a lot of CP, lot of resources but great vs everything. That way if you manage to get it, that means you're saving fuel and risking playing vs mediums without any tank destroyers (which also slows down the CP acquirement).
I played a couple of OKW games and when I got KT, I easily pushed through with it mainly because of the massive armour.

The call in heavies need further rework. Haven't played Tiger or Churchill but I can say that Pershing is pretty useless right now and KT, even though it's no longer an infantry wiper, the armour and HP are more than enough to soak up some dmg to help with the pushes.
My points: The nerfs hit some heavies harder than others, even though they were all "in line with"
11 Apr 2020, 20:33 PM

Mg buff pls
12 Apr 2020, 15:31 PM
Donator 11

They should have increase CP and increased the cooldown and NERF the ACCELERATION of Heavy tanks. That way they would still be fun to use, everyone loves controlling something powerful but since they would be so slow they would be killed if overextended which also feels fun for the player pulling of killing a overexteneded Heavy tank.

The dev team don't understand you can nerf things while still keeping the fun in the game. Now heavies are like a medium tank with big health pool... wow thats so fun.
12 Apr 2020, 15:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2020, 15:31 PMspajn
They should have increase CP and increased the cooldown and NERF the ACCELERATION of Heavy tanks. That way they would still be fun to use, everyone loves controlling something powerful but since they would be so slow they would be killed if overextended which also feels fun for the player pulling of killing a overexteneded Heavy tank.

The dev team don't understand you can nerf things while still keeping the fun in the game. Now heavies are like a medium tank with big health pool... wow thats so fun.

So basically a KT.
12 Apr 2020, 16:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2020, 15:31 PMspajn

I proposed this before the patch. If you watch a lot of the games people complained about tiger or pershing it was due to them having great two shot potential and being able to zoom around the map.

If they weren't so darn mobile (in turret rotation and movement) they wouldn't be half the problem they were at the timing.
12 Apr 2020, 16:23 PM

Can I get a reply on the status of the KT in the eyes of the balance team? Needs buff/nerf/is fine? As it stands, it's not exactly very useful except for being target practice or a glorified bunker.
12 Apr 2020, 16:36 PM

Can I get a reply on the status of the KT in the eyes of the balance team? Needs buff/nerf/is fine? As it stands, it's not exactly very useful except for being target practice or a glorified bunker.

It got plenty of buffs recently and is in perfect spot given nerf to all other heavies.

If you still fail with it, stop trying to attack masses of tank destroyers with slow tank, because it excels in every other scenario.
12 Apr 2020, 16:50 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Apr 2020, 16:36 PMKatitof

It got plenty of buffs recently and is in perfect spot given nerf to all other heavies.

If you still fail with it, stop trying to attack masses of tank destroyers with slow tank, because it excels in every other scenario.

So in the dumpster with all other heavies?
12 Apr 2020, 16:56 PM

So in the dumpster with all other heavies?

Sure, whatever floats your boat.

Heavy tanks roflstomp all non TD vehicles like they were nothing, no need to do the same for infantry and GT is hands down THE best tank for armor engagements, unless for some reason its your go-to vehicle to chase mobile TDs.
12 Apr 2020, 18:46 PM

I'd like to see a slight reduction to the su85 and Jackson in effectiveness against heavies and inversely a buff for the Panther against them but aside from That agree they are mostly in a good place. The units themselves perform well enough, but the counters are a bit out of alignment imho
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★