Login

russian armor

IR 251 Half-track 2014-2020 RIP!

10 Apr 2020, 18:49 PM

To the smart ass like loop and Pvt

Nobody is saying to bring the old unit back, but make it worth the cost, right now a kubel cost less and does a better job

Make it reinforce , make it no need to set up or something else
10 Apr 2020, 18:50 PM

I agree with stug life that at least kuble can recon on the move and in real time.

Maybe its time to increase the HMG34 range to make it pair well with the 251 IRHT
10 Apr 2020, 18:53 PM

Hell even replace it for the 250 half truck (the doc one)
10 Apr 2020, 19:16 PM

If the unit sees 0 use on 4v4 it will probably see something added to it in the next year, if it's simple enough to implement.

There is a nice solution in Sneakeye MOD
10 Apr 2020, 19:23 PM

right now a kubel cost less and does a better job

Please do explain how a Kubel is going to be able to spot further than your ATG and TDs max ranges from a safe position.
10 Apr 2020, 19:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2020, 19:16 PMVipper

There is a nice solution in Sneakeye MOD

I know but i expect things to slow down now (more so with Covid) and the unit is really low priority one. If it takes another preview to implement a patch it's not crazy to expect anything that doesn't require stat changes to appear in the next year.
10 Apr 2020, 19:27 PM

The bug has been there since OKW was released. It required mostly an OH partner or a specific DLC commander in order to reliable proc it so it was mostly under radar till the OKW rework.

Relic released a UKF commander with the same mechanic (Valentine), which is surprising cause they already knew it was bugged. This got removed once the unit was reworked and then the 251 followed.

If the unit sees 0 use on 4v4 it will probably see something added to it in the next year, if it's simple enough to implement.

Alright, I take it back then. Wow.....bugged since release? Damn. Then again apparently I shouldn't be surprised it seems.

Plays a dirge for the IR HT 2014-2020
10 Apr 2020, 19:44 PM

Please do explain how a Kubel is going to be able to spot further than your ATG and TDs max ranges from a safe position.
simple, 1 it cost 0 fuel 2 it can cap 3 it can fight 4 it's much fatser 5 it can scout on the move 6 it has 0 cost toglable mini map hack (unlike the munition one)7 it comes at tier 0 not 1

now for the bonus of the half truck when scouting 1 more vision range if set up and no obstacle (very rare in urban map)
that's it
10 Apr 2020, 19:45 PM

It was discussed in the previous thread but I'd like it to provide an Almost command role. Active abilities that bring the level of the unit up to the level of the player using it. If you want cheap recon there it is, but if you want more... You can get it. I'd have targeted buffs and debuffs as well as increasing the view for a small time all at additional costs.
10 Apr 2020, 20:00 PM

simple, 1 it cost 0 fuel 2 it can cap 3 it can fight 4 it's much fatser 5 it can scout on the move 6 it has 0 cost toglable mini map hack (unlike the munition one)7 it comes at tier 0 not 1

now for the bonus of the half truck when scouting 1 more vision range if set up and no obstacle

All that you're explaining here is how the Kubel is a nice early to mid game unit (when the IR HT doesn't exist) and how the IR HT will be a way better late game recon tool when all that's needed is clear vision of a certain area of the map, like a VP area. Not how one is better than the other.
10 Apr 2020, 20:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Alright, I take it back then. Wow.....bugged since release? Damn. Then again apparently I shouldn't be surprised it seems.

Plays a dirge for the IR HT 2014-2020

Well if that surprises you, we can still see XP kickers through fog of war. They removed from EFA the shadow which you could see through FoW at the beginning of the game on buildings so you would know which type of opening you would be facing, but if you don't have anything to do, you can check the enemy base to see if they are getting any tier.
10 Apr 2020, 21:21 PM

210xp T1
235xp T2

EZ.
10 Apr 2020, 21:30 PM

No idea why it took so long to fix this unit.

it was a wretch to play against and wasn't worth trying to destroy as it was so cheap you ended up losing more than the enemy cost wise a lot of the time.

10 Apr 2020, 23:15 PM

All that you're explaining here is how the Kubel is a nice early to mid game unit (when the IR HT doesn't exist) and how the IR HT will be a way better late game recon tool when all that's needed is clear vision of a certain area of the map, like a VP area. Not how one is better than the other.
my question, is it worth the cost ? 10 fuel and 200+ mp for a unit that has half the feature of the kubel which cost less and comes eralier

and again the vision advantage is only in open field

im not saying revert the changes just make the unit worth it
11 Apr 2020, 01:40 AM

It was discussed in the previous thread but I'd like it to provide an Almost command role. Active abilities that bring the level of the unit up to the level of the player using it. If you want cheap recon there it is, but if you want more... You can get it. I'd have targeted buffs and debuffs as well as increasing the view for a small time all at additional costs.

i think this is the best idea, a 250/251 half track. A unit like the major for USF but a half track. Can call down, smoke, arty, recon or whatever for a munitions cost each.

The current IR Half track is one of the worst units in the game.
11 Apr 2020, 01:42 AM

I think too that 251 IRHT is not worth its costs. It also provides a very valuable resource that is map vision, in the moment the game demands it the most. OKW still have arty flares and giving IRHT an OP sight is simply BS.

The unit cost is not par with how poorly it performs now. Its not sensible to make it cheaper.
What if the IRHT ability gives unobstructed sight at the same range it has now?

Either that or simply make the HT to spot on the minimap further than its map vision.
11 Apr 2020, 01:52 AM

Is it time for an IR HT buff thread then?

Remembered how easily a Jackson nearly took it out, now that it's out in the open. Was only the threat of Camo'd Raks that sent him away. Does it still have the big telltale visuals from the enemy POV?
11 Apr 2020, 09:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2020, 21:30 PMGrim
No idea why it took so long to fix this unit.

Because it is no fix, the unit got replaced only using same blueprint.

11 Apr 2020, 15:45 PM

Definitely No

try to use IR 251 in team game and comeback here
11 Apr 2020, 15:59 PM

From when I tried it in 2v2 it seemed pretty good. Definitely worth the price. Obviously it's hugely map-depended because you can't really get too much use out of it on some maps (like Elst, where you have all those sight blockers).

It has decent synergy with Leig too and both come with BG HQ.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 42
Germany 37

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment