Login

russian armor

IR 251 Half-track 2014-2020 RIP!

16 Apr 2020, 11:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2020, 16:30 PMblancat

Why are u trying to get IR halftrack early?

Are you trying to use this unit with no combat abilities during LV timing?

It was a comment on the Stuka on Foot. in 2v2 u cant get it that early because u need the AI Power of the Luchs.
idk if there is vaild strategy to build Mech corps and than Stuka and not Luchs or Puma.

maybe if could camo that IR 251 it would be worth. it would be like a scout sniper.

But now, why not get an extray volks for scouting
16 Apr 2020, 11:34 AM

It was a comment on the Stuka on Foot. in 2v2 u cant get it that early because u need the AI Power of the Luchs.
idk if there is vaild strategy to build Mech corps and than Stuka and not Luchs or Puma.

maybe if could camo that IR 251 it would be worth. it would be like a scout sniper.

But now, why not get an extray volks for scouting

yep, that's why I'd go into utility direction developing the unit. If you buff sight too much it will be OP like it was before. If you make sight similar to other units it will become just silly to build it. The only way is to compensate what was taken away by adding some other feature. Repair pios as an upgrade on it would be perfect imo for many reasons.
16 Apr 2020, 11:34 AM

We dont need any more cancer units. <444>_<444>
16 Apr 2020, 23:14 PM

And when u early get it, u lose the game to a T70/AEC:foreveralone:

I know,but for 4V4,if stuka can reinforce infantry,any OKW player will build T2?
16 Apr 2020, 23:51 PM

yep, that's why I'd go into utility direction developing the unit. If you buff sight too much it will be OP like it was before. If you make sight similar to other units it will become just silly to build it. The only way is to compensate what was taken away by adding some other feature. Repair pios as an upgrade on it would be perfect imo for many reasons.

I'm sure a faction with the heaviest stock armour options including 4 units with over 200 armour combining repair dudes on mech, fast repair sturms and a 3rd multipurpose unit wouldn't present any balance issues. A pair of mech trucks already grants incredible bonus to repairing armour so why keep that limited to 2 okw players and not make a single enough!
17 Apr 2020, 01:11 AM

I'm sure a faction with the heaviest stock armour options including 4 units with over 200 armour combining repair dudes on mech, fast repair sturms and a 3rd multipurpose unit wouldn't present any balance issues. A pair of mech trucks already grants incredible bonus to repairing armour so why keep that limited to 2 okw players and not make a single enough!

It wouldn't be for free. If Soviets can buy 170 engineer, USF has crews and rear echelons, ukf has 5 men sapper squads that can be enhanced through anvil I don't see why okw couldn't play risk reward with a costly upgrade on a fragile truck. It would give them cool risk/reward mechanics, and added one more reason to build it. Sturmpios are expensive. If you don't lose them, everything is like you say but if you do lose them (happens a lot as they are constantly repairing sth lategame) you are in deep trouble. Repaying 320 manpower just to buy a Sturm that you will use only to repair is just expensive. I also don't think that what I suggest would be extremely popular, just another possibility to explore for some players. Unlikely to change balance, it would probably add some more colour to the faction, that's all.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 50
unknown 34
Germany 453
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %