Login

russian armor

High Skill USF gameplay is just so micro intensive

8 Apr 2020, 12:10 PM

*Shudders in BAR rifles blob right click or M1919A6 blob A-Move*
8 Apr 2020, 12:11 PM

I’ve gotten to 74 USF in 1s by just blobbing 3 rifles, a ranger, a Cpt, a Rear Echelon and a Major, all with BARs, into the enemy cutoff/retreat path and deleting everything. The strat works perfectly, especially with cover to cover and M4 into CalliOP.

Nothing really unexpected here, there are like 10 extremely good players across all factions, 20 more good ones and then above average starts.

Top 100 in CoH isn't exactly same level as top 100 in starcraft or warcraft.
8 Apr 2020, 12:15 PM

Nothing really unexpected here, there are like 10 extremely good players across all factions, 20 more good ones and then above average starts.

Nothing like vaguely defining the entire 1v1 playerbase to fit your point that a strat that works doesn’t work.
8 Apr 2020, 12:17 PM

Nothing like vaguely defining the entire 1v1 playerbase to fit your point that a strat that works doesn’t work.

Name 1 well known player(known for their skill) with ranks between 50 and 100.
That should be telling enough.
8 Apr 2020, 12:23 PM

Name 1 well known player(known for their skill) with ranks between 50 and 100.
That should be telling enough.

Fuzzi, DaPopeCoH, Zeva the angry Dutchman, JaeForJett (50+ with EF factions), Tightrope (40-56ish), TwistedTootsy (non usf), borobadger (40ish), Tiefflieger, Finnded, etc

Some of them have have 20ish ranks with some factions, but I think if they have 2 50ish ranks they qualify.

Now you can say they’re not well known, in which case I’d say that’s not up to you to decide since you don’t play 1s.
8 Apr 2020, 13:05 PM

https://youtu.be/fsGJYAWM9GI

I am not getting pushed at all. The guy on my side lost every single engagement and then isntead of trying to learn to play blobbed 6 rifles into my Ostheer random teammate.

Almost like blobbing all your units into one blob is not enough for USF anymore. They now need to blob all units of all palyers on the team into one blob.

Then 20 minutes later they surrendered after complaining about Stuka.

You could submit this vid to the Trending page. Would be good for a laugh at least. xD
8 Apr 2020, 13:28 PM

I can understand creating a thread as a sore loser, but a sore winner is a new one.

What are you even calling for to solve with rifleman nerfs? You won.
8 Apr 2020, 13:30 PM

What are you even calling for to solve with rifleman nerfs? You won.

A buff.

2 players using all of their infantry force against ost and still unable to win the game.
OP is pleading for a buff to USF.
8 Apr 2020, 13:31 PM

Fuzzi, DaPopeCoH, Zeva the angry Dutchman, JaeForJett (50+ with EF factions), Tightrope (40-56ish), TwistedTootsy (non usf), borobadger (40ish), Tiefflieger, Finnded, etc

Some of them have have 20ish ranks with some factions, but I think if they have 2 50ish ranks they qualify.

Now you can say they’re not well known, in which case I’d say that’s not up to you to decide since you don’t play 1s.

Tootsy and tightrope are both top 30, calling them top 50 is borderline insulting with the skill they possess. Vonivan has been top player with every faction bar Brits and struggles against Tootsy each time they head off.
8 Apr 2020, 13:36 PM

Tootsy and tightrope are both top 30, calling them top 50 is borderline insulting with the skill they possess. Vonivan has been top player with every faction bar Brits and struggles against Tootsy each time they head off.

I mentioned players who have 2 faction rankings at 50ish. I said Tightrope is 40-56ish, he has rank 48 ost, 43 sov, 63 okw and 56 usf. I said tootsy’s non-usf is 50ish, he has 55 Ost and 88 okw.

Perhaps you could do something as basic as looking at ranks instead of taking offense for others.
8 Apr 2020, 14:14 PM

Meanwhile OKW and OST can G43 blob to pretty much the same effect so it's not like this is a USF specific problem. I mean I get OPs point... It's super frustrating to feel like you have to put so much effort to counter low-level play that doesn't fully utilize Coh'2 combined arms/cover system when you should just be able to outplay them into a quick win. But what does OP expect to change? *waits for the derp derp just have a nerf aura if someone has 3+ units in close proximity*
8 Apr 2020, 14:16 PM

I have a different question, what does "playing the game properly" mean?
8 Apr 2020, 14:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2020, 14:16 PMMusti
I have a different question, what does "playing the game properly" mean?

It means playing the game exactly how I want you to play, without using any units that are not convenient for me to counter, without any surprising tricks or flanks or out of the box unit compositions or implementations in combat, so I will never be surprised, preferably if your skill is also lower then mine, so I can beat you always.

If you do not do any of that, you do not play the game properly.
8 Apr 2020, 14:49 PM

Look at this amazing rank 5 USF 2v2 pro player gameplay.

Amazing skill, much brain, big wow.

Thank you Relic for promoting such high-level gameplay. It really takes so much skill to lose every engagement and as a solution blob 6 Rifles together and a move across the map. Strategic masterminds at work.

Next patch lets buff Riflemen some more so this strategy is not as challenging to execute ok?

And where is the problem ?

1. U win
2. U control more of the map and both fuel Points
3. even if he cap the right one u can cut him of in the middle
4. ur partner could go StugE its ok against blobbs
5. idk double one side is the best strat in 2v2. especially with super mobile army set ups like double USF.
6. As OKW lay fukkin mines ... if he goes in a full retard blobb force .. focus fire on the enemy sweeper guys. and let them run into mines
7. retreat early u dont want a bad trade against this.. or even give them a MG
8. Rush for Ostwind, its very good now and even in the Late it works wonders agaisnt the Meta USF doctrines

9.(Now my favorite) goliath:D

10. u win..
8 Apr 2020, 14:57 PM

Meanwhile OKW and OST can G43 blob to pretty much the same effect so it's not like this is a USF specific problem. I mean I get OPs point... It's super frustrating to feel like you have to put so much effort to counter low-level play that doesn't fully utilize Coh'2 combined arms/cover system when you should just be able to outplay them into a quick win. But what does OP expect to change? *waits for the derp derp just have a nerf aura if someone has 3+ units in close proximity*

lol, axis 4 man blobs are terrible and easily lose to other blobs a swell as get DECIMATED more easily by allied rocket arty, its also common to have some usf blobs with zooks to make them AT too which makes them more cancer and even more so with rear echloens and riflenades. But g43 Pfussie blobs is also a concern when blobbed like riflemen, both need looking at.

regarding what can be done, revert some of the buffs riflemen got, or limit them to 1 bar, maybe look at FREE OFFICERS which allows them to form these blobs quickly. USF not only have better main line infantry, but they can equal or outnumber their counter parts, so maybe something to stop that from happening.

edit- Look at soviets when u go penals, yes they will decimate grens and volks, but you cant get as many inf out as your opponent, so ther is a trade off. But for some reason when OKW did that to the glorious USF, that wasnt allowed and OKW volks and starting MP got nerfed xD
8 Apr 2020, 15:16 PM

I’ve gotten to 74 USF in 1s by just blobbing 3 rifles, a ranger, a Cpt, a Rear Echelon and a Major, all with BARs, into the enemy cutoff/retreat path and deleting everything. The strat works perfectly, especially with cover to cover and M4 into CalliOP.

The strat also works for every other army out there. If you manage to bring 60 supply worth of heavily upgraded infantry into an enemies cut-off and retreat path, you are going to wipe whatever tries to run the gauntlet. If there are 4 upgraded Panzerfussies, an Obersquad, and a sturmpio on your retreat path, you are going to lose every unit on retreat too...
8 Apr 2020, 15:49 PM

The strat also works for every other army out there. If you manage to bring 60 supply worth of heavily upgraded infantry into an enemies cut-off and retreat path, you are going to wipe whatever tries to run the gauntlet. If there are 4 upgraded Panzerfussies, an Obersquad, and a sturmpio on your retreat path, you are going to lose every unit on retreat too...

Indeed but it’s easier with usf, that’s my point.
8 Apr 2020, 15:52 PM

blame the map & mode, not the faction.

There isnt too much ways to do crazy 1v1 style flanking in 2v2 on camping in the woods
8 Apr 2020, 15:54 PM

Blvckdream king of salt. Any faction can build and A-move blob its infantry, especially when combined with infantry of a teammate. Imho every 2v2 game double Tiger is more fun-ruining than what you presented.
8 Apr 2020, 16:07 PM

Now imagine this shit but they have like 90% moving DPS and 6 men for some reason, flares to spot your MGs, and you have no rocket arty. Welcome to playing against pfusies.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★