Login

russian armor

Winter balance mod 2020 V1.3

PAGES (22)down
10 Mar 2020, 13:25 PM

Ost t4 passive should be as upgrades in panzer corp. 100mp 60muni each for reinforcement and capture buff. Total 200 mp 120muni. To prevent bunker spam.

And also highlight out to players. Not everyone read patch notes.
10 Mar 2020, 13:34 PM

- I seem to recall Brits lost the +25% cap bonus as "OP"
- Gren, etc, gaining a -2 MP discount to reinforce would basically
make them more cost-effective than conscripts, etc !
Already 3x30 = 90 vs 5x20 = 100

I can't help but notice that T4 doesn't cost anything.
Why are Conscripts spending 50 muni for their (now nerfed) upgrade again?
10 Mar 2020, 14:09 PM

Grens and pios. Otherwise t1 is a requirement as well
10 Mar 2020, 15:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Great patch overall. I think these changes mostly fit what the community wanted (not all things obviously, but many of the current issues are at least adressed). Good work!

Overall I can see all of these implemented without obvious problems.
Only thing about the OST cap/decap rate:

I'd personally like to see it on PGrens and Osttruppen only. Osttruppen could use the buff, PGrens would fit the offensive theme and it would also be higher risk/higher reward.

Another idea that would fit thematically would be to split it:
Give the decap bonus to PGrens and the cap bonus to Grens and Pios. However this would complicate the game a bit and in game maybe not make too much sense, since you usually don't switch units for capping.

The overall bonus of capping is likely to be up for discussion and rebalancing. I like the general idea, could be a good buff.

How does this synergize with other de/capping abilities though?
10 Mar 2020, 16:01 PM

How does this synergize with other de/capping abilities though?

From my testing, it appears to stack with other bonuses, like counterattack tactics.
10 Mar 2020, 17:41 PM

Another question:

Any hope of addressing the Pak-Howitzer/Scott's "RNG wipe" state? In the last patch, the scatter was increased a lot, but nothing was done to the AoE or Damage values. Now, instead of consistently wiping models, it randomly wipes models - which is frustrating to both play with and against. One solution could be to revert (entirely or only partly) the accuracy changes, but decrease the damage/AoE. That way the units would be a more consistent damage dealers, rather than a unpredictable wiping machines.

+1 As well although mostly for Pak Howitzer if the Balance team wants to keep it's larger AoE then they should reduce the damage done so that's it's consistent damage for glancing blows but doesn't wipe any slightly damaged squad immediately. It's definitely a balance issue for team games where it's a lot easier to park them behind shot blockers/ wall of support weapons and just let them do tons of damage with minimal input.
10 Mar 2020, 18:16 PM

+1 As well although mostly for Pak Howitzer if the Balance team wants to keep it's larger AoE then they should reduce the damage done so that's it's consistent damage for glancing blows but doesn't wipe any slightly damaged squad immediately. It's definitely a balance issue for team games where it's a lot easier to park them behind shot blockers/ wall of support weapons and just let them do tons of damage with minimal input.

+1
10 Mar 2020, 18:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

From my testing, it appears to stack with other bonuses, like counterattack tactics.

Thanks for the tests.
I mean the synergy is fine, but both added together could potentially cause issues. However, this is an easy fix and I'm sure balance team is monitoring
10 Mar 2020, 18:30 PM

Thanks for the tests.
I mean the synergy is fine, but both added together could potentially cause issues. However, this is an easy fix and I'm sure balance team is monitoring

I think it depends on how its stacking. Multiplicative stacking would a bit different than additive, for example:

100% (default cap rate) x 125% (T4) x 200% (counter-attack) = 2.5 capture speed
1.00 (default cap rate) + 0.25 (T4) + 1.00 (counter-attack) = 2.25 capture speed

Either way, elchino7 could end up being right.
Encirclement Doctrine new meta.

You've heard it first here.
10 Mar 2020, 18:35 PM

I think it depends on how its stacking. Multiplicative stacking would a bit different than additive, for example:

The majority of modifier are Multiplicative, I suspect those are also although I did not check.
10 Mar 2020, 18:40 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

100% (default cap rate) x 125% (T4) x 200% (counter-attack) = 2.5 capture speed
1.00 (default cap rate) + 0.25 (T4) + 1.00 (counter-attack) = 2.25 capture speed

Either way, elchino7 could end up being right.

I stayed unspecific there for exactly this reason. But in the end it does not matter how exactly it is calculated. Just if it can be abused in game.

But we'll see. I like the general idea
10 Mar 2020, 18:49 PM

Good changes overall.

IR HT needs a different ability to be useful though. Single pass recon, recon loiter, or mark target, etc.
10 Mar 2020, 18:49 PM

I stayed unspecific there for exactly this reason. But in the end it does not matter how exactly it is calculated. Just if it can be abused in game.

But we'll see. I like the general idea

Knowing nothing about coding it might be cleaner if the T4 perk was an ability (either free or token cost - if you go the cost route it could be a bigger buff maybe). Then you just make it so that abilities like Counter-attack tactics overwrite the effect so it doesn't stack if it seems to be too much. OR if it does still stack then at least it's just one squad that you're paying a premium for the quick cap.
PAGES (22)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS