Login

russian armor

Winter balance mod 2020 V1.3

PAGES (22)down
9 Mar 2020, 22:39 PM

The problem with the M36 Jackson was never its ARMOR. The problem is its 60 RANGE "always pen" 200 dmg on the move.
9 Mar 2020, 22:42 PM

now this is a good patch, well done. Like the idea of giving ost fast capture in the lategame for ther inf. More needs to be done to the jackson, but overall step in the right direction
9 Mar 2020, 22:54 PM

The idea is that because Ostheer is significantly more vulnerable to late game wipes due to small squad sizes, a passive capture rate buff should help compensate their field presence a bit.

That actually makes a lot of sense, thanks. :thumb:

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2020, 22:39 PMLeo251
The problem with the M36 Jackson was never its ARMOR. The problem is its 60 RANGE "always pen" 200 dmg on the move.

The problem with nerfing the M36 by any significant margin is that it has the potential to basically 'brick' USF as a whole. I'd like to see the M36 nerfed (or split into 2 units), but its only going to happen gradually, or in some future patch with TDs as a focus point.

My guess is that the next major patch will deal with it, as the changes to mediums probably won't bring a change in builds/play style as big as the balance team is hoping for.

Another question:

Any hope of addressing the Pak-Howitzer/Scott's "RNG wipe" state? In the last patch, the scatter was increased a lot, but nothing was done to the AoE or Damage values. Now, instead of consistently wiping models, it randomly wipes models - which is frustrating to both play with and against. One solution could be to revert (entirely or only partly) the accuracy changes, but decrease the damage/AoE. That way the units would be a more consistent damage dealers, rather than a unpredictable wiping machines.
9 Mar 2020, 23:29 PM

Another question:

Any hope of addressing the Pak-Howitzer/Scott's "RNG wipe" state? In the last patch, the scatter was increased a lot, but nothing was done to the AoE or Damage values. Now, instead of consistently wiping models, it randomly wipes models - which is frustrating to both play with and against. One solution could be to revert (entirely or only partly) the accuracy changes, but decrease the damage/AoE. That way the units would be a more consistent damage dealers, rather than a unpredictable wiping machines.

+1 that is a good question.

PaK-Howitzer should have profile of StuG E and Scott of leIG18.
9 Mar 2020, 23:31 PM

Finally Ost whinners won the game

These T4 change lol

What kind of head did that patch come out of?

9 Mar 2020, 23:52 PM

Permanently Banned
Was thinking of more changes:

OST Tiger doctrinal call in now requires 9 command points and battle phase 3 unlocked. It now also requires either a Support Armor Korps or Heavy Panzer Korps. (For those of you who think this change is pointless, I can argue that this is merely a middle ground between the Panzer IV Command Tank and Elefant call ins. Plus, it means the player must have researched T4 but only invested in medium or heavy armor production, not just end-tier).

OST Elefant Heavy Tank Destroyer: now requires 12 cp and heavy panzer korps. It makes more sense that some cp cost is replaces with t4 structure.

Soviet Penal Battalion: Flamethrower upgrade returns but requires T4 and is mutually exclusive from the AT rifles. Improves deployment flexibility late game and can potentially improve anti-infantry at that point.

Soviet ISU-152: now requires 12 cp and Mechanized Armor Kampaneya. It makes more sense that some cp cost is replaces with t4 structure.

Kubelwagen: can now be one shot killed by Soviet, USF, and British Mines. Improves counterplay against their harassment and raiding.
9 Mar 2020, 23:55 PM

The medium tank changes look great! I'm not keen on the complex Ostheer buff, but it did need something.
9 Mar 2020, 23:59 PM

Good changes. Will be interesting to see how they turn out.
10 Mar 2020, 00:26 AM

Nice ^.^ Particularly happy for the Cromwell and Ostheer reinforcement cost stuff.
10 Mar 2020, 00:36 AM

I'd just replace the IR HT with the Ostheer 250 HT.

Shouldn't it be replaced with a recon unit, if anything?
10 Mar 2020, 00:50 AM

Shouldn't it be replaced with a recon unit, if anything?

They could make it a “reconnaisance 250” with 50 sight but no reinforcement on the field.
10 Mar 2020, 01:00 AM

They could make it a “reconnaisance 250” with 50 sight but no reinforcement on the field.

250 doesn't reinforce I thought? If it does I've been using it very wrong lol, i thought it was just Osts clown car

251 definitely reinforces though
10 Mar 2020, 01:08 AM

250 doesn't reinforce I thought? If it does I've been using it very wrong lol, i thought it was just Osts clown car

At vet 1 it reinforces. It’s been that way since the German Infantry Doctrine rework.
aaa
10 Mar 2020, 01:17 AM

target size is what
10 Mar 2020, 01:24 AM

At vet 1 it reinforces. It’s been that way since the German Infantry Doctrine rework.

Ahh I thought that was only for that commander. My mistake
10 Mar 2020, 02:00 AM

Good looking changes, especially happy about the direction for ost t4 and the medium tank target size trials. Can't wait to see how it works out and what further refinement is in order. Good work!

Also, a Jackson nerf that actually has an in game impact is cool!
10 Mar 2020, 03:01 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

All those bonus at the same time are not gonna stay but it's better to test from the high ground and tuning down than from the low ground and tuning up.
10 Mar 2020, 03:04 AM

Good point, it will overshadow Centaur even more now (except if you need AA).

Like P4 overshadows ostwind? Cromwell now just has identical scatter to P4 and almost exact same MG damage (just turret Mg's provide better DPS due to faster rotation)

Good changes from devs making sure it's not forgotten. I would like to see centaur speed buffed to ostwinds levels though. It's a bit slow
10 Mar 2020, 03:08 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

I like most of it, I don't think OST needs a 25% bonus cap/decap rate though. Seems like it's opening a bag of worms that doesn't need to be opened, that or just lower it to like 10% or something. 25% is a lot.
PAGES (22)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS