Login

russian armor

Terrible new form if trolling/griefing

25 Feb 2020, 13:01 PM

I just played a 4vs4 but three of my teammates (I guess they were AT) all OKW purposely drove their trucks into enemy sappers until they abandoned and a Brit player was able to build stukas (why relic allowed this in the code I don't know). I thought they were noobs at first but it was obvious they were trying to troll me.

But this probably needs fixing, otherwise you've got obers picking up BARS and lmgs from allied racks.
25 Feb 2020, 13:15 PM

replay or did not happen.
25 Feb 2020, 13:20 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

I just played a 4vs4 but three of my teammates (I guess they were AT) all OKW purposely drove their trucks into enemy sappers until they abandoned and a Brit player was able to build stukas (why relic allowed this in the code I don't know). I thought they were noobs at first but it was obvious they were trying to troll me.

But this probably needs fixing, otherwise you've got obers picking up BARS and lmgs from allied racks.

replay or did not happen.

+1 replay
25 Feb 2020, 14:07 PM

To be honest, if that works that's quite ingenious lol.
25 Feb 2020, 14:21 PM

25 Feb 2020, 14:44 PM

mayeb give a free truck to brits instead i mean it might help the lack of strong LV acces to puma luch and stuka might help them
25 Feb 2020, 15:30 PM

I dont think it works until I see it. Ive seen roughly 50 or more destroyed sWs trucks already but never an abandoned one
25 Feb 2020, 16:25 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

If you get all 3 as an allied faction can you get the KT? USF KT is historically accurate. :D
25 Feb 2020, 16:53 PM

... that sounds kind of fun tbh.
25 Feb 2020, 17:02 PM

The question you have to ask is, If it gets removed, what difference does it make? None, end result is the same wheter its removed or not.
If a player (or all 3 of them) decides to troll you, you lost, doesn't matter how they troll.

They could even just do nothing (afk) and you lose.
25 Feb 2020, 17:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

This one really straddles the line between glitch and feature extremely hard.

My rationale says it should be patched out. But my heart wants to keep it just for the lulz
25 Feb 2020, 17:21 PM
Donator 22

sounds more like a bad dream than like sth worth talking about.
But it gets attention. Well......
25 Feb 2020, 17:21 PM
Donator 22

But my heart wants to keep it just for the lulz

+11
25 Feb 2020, 18:20 PM

I once played a 2v2 match with a friend who had his UKF loadout while playing Soviets. Commander abilities worked an everything, he called in a Crocodile at one point

But this is a whole other level of weird. I've never seen sws get abandoned before
25 Feb 2020, 18:23 PM

SuperHansFan, did you expierience that in the Winter Preview? I just found it in the patch preview.

Patch Notes 1. 3 Winter Preview:

We felt like the amount of trolling did not reach it´s usual levels in 4v4.
Therefore we decided to buff the chance of "abandonned OKW Truck vehicle" to 75%.
This slight change does open up a variety of trolling options for newer and veteran players.
The speed increase is handy to reach the enemy base earlier to lessen the burden for early trolling strategies.

OKW Truck
-chance to get abandonned if shot down from 15% to 75%
-speed increased from 0.5 to 0.75
- HP from 300 to 250

Have a good day <444>3
25 Feb 2020, 19:31 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Alright, I'm not sure if the SwS can be abandoned.

I sacrificed 59 trucks into PaKs now, all were completely destroyed. Chance for not seeing an abandon naturally ~5%.
Even if we deduct some trucks due to overkills (I drove them into groups of 2 ATGs each, so in some instances a truck that would abandon might have gotten the destruction shot in quick succession) and calculate with 50 trucks, the chance goes up to about 8%.

So yes, there is a chance this was all normal. But based on this I really doubt it is the case.
25 Feb 2020, 19:49 PM

Alright, I'm not sure if the SwS can be abandoned.

I sacrificed 59 trucks into PaKs now, all were completely destroyed. Chance for not seeing an abandon naturally ~5%.
Even if we deduct some trucks due to overkills (I drove them into groups of 2 ATGs each, so in some instances a truck that would abandon might have gotten the destruction shot in quick succession) and calculate with 50 trucks, the chance goes up to about 8%.

So yes, there is a chance this was all normal. But based on this I really doubt it is the case.

If you want to cause critical to vehicles use weapon that do little damage and not Packs since the more hit the more chance and some criticals (abandon also if I remember correctly) need a specific HP threshold. That is an added bonus of PTRS/Boys...
25 Feb 2020, 19:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2020, 19:49 PMVipper

If you want to cause critical to vehicles use weapon that do little damage and not Packs since the more hit the more chance and some criticals (abandon also if I remember correctly) need a specific HP threshold. That is an added bonus of PTRS/Boys...

I thought the abandon was a mechanic that is applied after death and is a 5% roll, independent of the damage source?

For gun damage etc I agree, but are you absolutely sure that abandon follows the same logic?
25 Feb 2020, 20:04 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

I once played a 2v2 match with a friend who had his UKF loadout while playing Soviets. Commander abilities worked an everything, he called in a Crocodile at one point

But this is a whole other level of weird. I've never seen sws get abandoned before

this is cheating/ bug abuse!!!
and leads to a 1 month timeban!
25 Feb 2020, 20:22 PM

this is cheating/ bug abuse!!!
and leads to a 1 month timeban!

Lol seriously? It happened once, still don't know how, AND we lost the game

We didn't even know it was a possible bug??? How the heck is that abuse, that's ridiculous.

Developers punishing players for accidentally discovering a bug they haven't fixed? Really? My partner even said he reported it on official forums....
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★