Login

russian armor

Feedback for winter preview

17 Feb 2020, 10:59 AM

I played 2v2 winter preview toruney, and write what i feel about it.

1. Brits

We have some nice change for brit fation. I feel much better. Tommy is good enough. But the real problem of this faction is pop cap. Need some pop cap buff. Brit tanks are not good, but it cost too much pop cap. chuchills ^^. Except that, I would say just go ahead with this winter preview contents.

2. Ost

I think most of problem is brumba is still useless trash unit. We should role back range of this unit. Nothing make brumba worth it except that. Also panther's moving acc should buff imo. I think Ost is not bad faction. just usf and sov too much strong.

3. Sov

I think should delete reinforce bonus for 7men cons. It still 'OP' even if they dont have cover bonus. They are insane. or just remove 7men cons (best solution) I think T-34/85 need cost nerf. They should cost atleast 140 fuel. They rekt OKW P4 with cheaper cost of fuel atm. And shocks are tooooooo strong.

4. OKW

No problems.

5. USF

I think they are the strongest fation atm. RifleMan rekt every core infantry even if they waiting from heavy cover. they are insane strong. i think they need nerf. Also BAR is insane strong as well. And i think everyone agree with 'pak howi' is definitely 'OP'. 100% need nerf

17 Feb 2020, 11:41 AM

I dont play tourny but i agree with your points.

Ukf pop cap is tough. Last patch nerf the churchill on pop, i rather it nerfed the damage from 160 to 120 as i suggested. At 160, it can function as both AI and AT hitters while soaking damages.

Brumba +20 armor won't help much against vet ATg and 60TD and snares. Make the range back to 40 or was it 45?

Ost is not bad faction but it does fall away late games when vet vs vet. It is not cost efficient faction, worst of the 5.

Pak howie and Scott, yes! Too much damage from too far counter range. I play 2v2, they are a pain, unfair at times or most times!
17 Feb 2020, 14:11 PM

4. OKW

No problems.

I think the faction itself is fine but Grand Offensive doctrine will still be a big problem in the axis meta. The combination of a Tiger that has big sight range and the ability to call down artillery as well as a fast smoke drop plane is too cheesy.

Either remove the panzer commander upgrade for the Tiger or replace the smoke reconnaissance plane with just the reconnaissance plane from Close Air Support doctrine or another ability imo.

5. USF

I think they are the strongest fation atm. RifleMan rekt every core infantry even if they waiting from heavy cover. they are insane strong. i think they need nerf. Also BAR is insane strong as well. And i think everyone agree with 'pak howi' is definitely 'OP'. 100% need nerf

+1

The mortar HT phosphorus is useless trash now and the pakhowie is OP in teamgames. Every USF teamgame is just 1-2 pakhowies atm and its very boring
17 Feb 2020, 14:18 PM

4. OKW

No problems.

OKW is getting nerfed pretty hard with the faction crutch taken away and the 2nd most viable doctrine nerfed (Falls faust). Unless the Tiger’s nerf isn’t as severe as we think or a new crutch is found, the faction will be in a very tough spot.
17 Feb 2020, 16:51 PM

1. Brits

We have some nice change for brit fation. I feel much better. Tommy is good enough. But the real problem of this faction is pop cap. Need some pop cap buff. Brit tanks are not good, but it cost too much pop cap. chuchills ^^. Except that, I would say just go ahead with this winter preview contents.

2. Ost

I think most of problem is brumba is still useless trash unit. We should role back range of this unit. Nothing make brumba worth it except that. Also panther's moving acc should buff imo. I think Ost is not bad faction. just usf and sov too much strong.

3. Sov

I think should delete reinforce bonus for 7men cons. It still 'OP' even if they dont have cover bonus. They are insane. or just remove 7men cons (best solution) I think T-34/85 need cost nerf. They should cost atleast 140 fuel. They rekt OKW P4 with cheaper cost of fuel atm. And shocks are tooooooo strong.

4. OKW

No problems.

5. USF

+1
I watched you playing in the tourny. Very well played.

Unfortunately the things you list are all true. In this game it seems (I'm sure in fact) the allies are always one step ahead of the axis.
17 Feb 2020, 19:08 PM

HI Asha,
its good that a high level player post his thoughs about the comming patch. I support you 100%. I was really surprised to see no changes to pak howie in the first two versions of the new patch. I hope the mod team will do that in the coming 1.2 version.
17 Feb 2020, 19:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2020, 19:08 PMSmartie

HI Asha,
its good that a high level player post his thoughs about the comming patch. I support you 100%. I was really surprised to see no changes to pak howie in the first two versions of the new patch. I hope the mod team will do that in the coming 1.2 version.

They hesitate to nerf the pakhowie cuz its an underpowered unit in 1v1 I am afraid

Also: https://www.coh2.org/topic/103761/usf-indirect-fire-stalemate/post/803247
17 Feb 2020, 19:57 PM

5. USF

been saying this for time, they absolutely sht on every other main line inf in the game, early game all the way through to late game but balance team aint go do anything, instead they nerf volks, buff riflemen close range damage (lol) and gave grens a almost unnoticeable buff to ther reinforce cost which does fk all.
17 Feb 2020, 20:35 PM

Unless the Tiger’s nerf isn’t as severe as we think or a new crutch is found, the faction will be in a very tough spot.

I mean its just CPs and cooldown on death change right. What part of that strikes you as severe, or are you speaking in anticipation of harsher nerfs?

The buff that moved them up earlier at the same time as buffing their main guns was far heavier
17 Feb 2020, 20:42 PM

I kind of figured what Asha said would end up being true, they really didn't tone down OKW, Soviets, and USF at all and hardly buffed Ostheer so I would assume the meta is going to be double OKW Grand Offensive versus Soviets + USF. Maybe one of the allied players could play Brits if they prefer them (Asha). Heavies are still too good as well unfortunately so hopefully 1.2 addresses some of the problems that still exist.
17 Feb 2020, 21:03 PM

Pretty much agree with most points. Most of what has been written is a no-brainer and has been pointed out endless times to no avail.
17 Feb 2020, 21:34 PM

I mean its just CPs and cooldown on death change right. What part of that strikes you as severe, or are you speaking in anticipation of harsher nerfs?

Well it’s a pretty big deal for OKW in 1v1. In the live build you can rush the Tiger if you’re in a good map control state, which allows you to put huge pressure on the opponent on both bleed and Anti tank. Taking this away for 3-4 extra mins can have a big effect on the faction since is late game stock roster is a good panzer hunter that can mostly play defense, a good generalist, a bad panzer hunter (Panther) and a stock super heavy that’s too expensive (KT). In that regard getting a Panzer IV to pivot into the Tiger will be mandatory, which may or may not be of benefit depending on the situation since your opponent also cqn’t punish your P4 by going straight into a KV2/Pershing/IS2.

In that regard, I also have to say I like this delay for OKW since good Puma play allows you to pivot more easily into the late game since your Puma won’t have to face a heavy tank at the 16-20 min mark and can vet up and be effective vs medium tanks instead.

So overall a probable strategic nerf. I think if this was Ostheer it wouldn’t be an issue at all since it improves the viability of their excellent T3, but for OKW it doesn’t let them leverage a big early lead into a quick Tiger which is painful and you also don’t get your faction crutch until later.
17 Feb 2020, 21:42 PM

They hesitate to nerf the pakhowie cuz its an underpowered unit in 1v1 I am afraid

Also: https://www.coh2.org/topic/103761/usf-indirect-fire-stalemate/post/803247

neh who said that? Its soooooooooooooo good in 1v1 aswell. I always go for recon support vs ost. because of para and pakhowie drop is insane broken.
17 Feb 2020, 22:16 PM

This kind of posts are constructive.

I hope the mod team reads this top player post, because they are going in the wrong direction.
17 Feb 2020, 23:08 PM

Stat from World Championship tournament

USF HMG produced 80 out of 49 games 1.63 mg/per game
OKW HMG produced 93 out of 67 games 1.39 mg/per game
Ostheer HMG produced 51 out of 40 games 1.27 mg/per game
Soviet HMG produced 31+9+1=41 out of 50 games 0.82 mg/per game

UKF HMG produced 5 out of 8 games 0.625 mg/per game

USF mortar type produced 10+6+4=20 out of 49 games 0.41 mg/per game
Ostheer mortar type produced 8 out of 40 games 0.20 mg/per game
Soviet mortar type produced 6+1=7 out of 50 games 0.14 mg/per game
OKW mortar type produced 7 out of 67 games 0.1 mg/per game

UKF HMG produced 1 out of 8 games 0.12 mg/per game

Note that Ostheer that is supposed to be designed as a combined arms faction fall behind in support weapon production from the USF that is supposed to "infatry oriented faction".

(At this point would like to point out that all this was pointed out during the USF tech restructure.)
17 Feb 2020, 23:31 PM

I agree with most what is said here.

Brits needing and now having a functional main infantry.

The rifle dps buff was not really needed. But i do feel that since loosing their smoke there was no compensation given to my knowlidge. So possiby thats why they buffed the dps.

The t34 85 price nerf i think is a good thing to look at.

As for the brum range buff i agree that something needs to happen. But also the ostwind being really good now hurt the brumbar. Dont the range from before the nerf but it shoudnt be wiping team weapons from the fow.

I do disagree on the mov acc on the panther and the deleting of the 7th man for cons.

Cons without the 7thm man have almost no use in the late game outside doctrines. Despite being 6 men they will melt vs almost every inf unit. Yet they need to most investment to get them to that level of preformance. Ai upgrades plus vet trump the recc acc of cons greatly, no contest.
They require the most micro to let them use those investments and abilities.

One more con model with conscripts dps is nothing game breaking.
I do see that recrewing a team weapon to full strength right away and not loosing a con squad for it as really powerfull, but soviets when recrweing start at 50% hp and all other factions recrew at 75% hp. The 7th man makes merge usefull thoughout the game instead of just the early game. The dps in cover buff being removed is all it needs.

The panther has no bad stats except its ai power. But at least it has ai power. It also has higher then avarage armour hp and pen. It has medium tank rof and td acc on its main gun. It has more range then most tanks. Its one of the fastest vehicles in the game. It has a turret. It has heavy crush.
It has the hp armour rof range speed and acc to stop and shoot to hit as often as possible. The heavy crush allows it the more easely follow its target or flank its target.
So if its moving acc is buffed it will need to be nerfed elswhere.
The only thing that is wrong imo is that allied td,s pen it to reliably at max range. But that stems from the fact that they where buffed with the kt as benchmark.

That needs a look imo along side the removal from the okw tiger arty ability and timing nerfs for all heavies and reverting the rifle buff. And if the 7th man has to go a real nerf to volks is needed. Volks are the wet dream of conscripts without the 7th man for less cost and micro.
17 Feb 2020, 23:44 PM

... It has medium tank rof and td acc on its main gun...

You stat are off, Panther has lower accuracy than SU-85/FF/M36/su-76 (at least the far) and in addition gets no accuracy bonuses as a vet bonus.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★