Login

russian armor

USF indirect fire stalemate

6 Feb 2020, 17:46 PM

The USF indirect fire roster faces multiple issues at the moment:

Pakhowitzers are too expensive for 1v1 but in teamgames they are completely OP. The recent patch "nerfed" their autofire scatter which did practically nothing apart from making it harder to predict and dodge, on top of the barrage recharge getting buffed (who asked for this?). Their AoE is still completely ridiculous.

Mortar Halftrack Phosphorus barrage used to be OP but it got completely overnerfed to a point where nobody uses it anymore. It needed a nerf but what did people expect was gonna happen if you apply a ~80-90% damage reduction? A squad can just sit in the phosphorus without moving and will still have around 50% health left at the end.

The t0 mortar has fine stats but the smoke barrage bug makes it a bad choice

Result: Every teamgame is just boring pakhowie gameplay, whereas the unit gets never used in 1v1

There needs to be done something. Pakhowies should perform a lot less cheesy but also become a lot more affordable (~LeIg manpower level) to make them possible to use in 1v1. And the Phosphorus barrage from the MHT needs to be around the middle of where it is now and how it used to be. I dont mind if its locked behind vet1 then or more expensive

6 Feb 2020, 17:48 PM
6 Feb 2020, 17:52 PM

Well they are maybe kinda necesary

Like yeah, it shouldnt be wipin movin stuff all around, but USF needs some non-doc strong indirect fire

One thing I can think of that should certainly be applied (and probably to all indirect fire across the board) is slow projectile speed

Other than that I guess continue nerfin the autofire in exchange for better barrage
6 Feb 2020, 17:52 PM

I think the 1v1 viability for pack howitzers is mostly hurt by LT being meta and Recon Support’s drop from meta prominence
6 Feb 2020, 17:59 PM

Well they are maybe kinda necesary

Like yeah, it shouldnt be wipin movin stuff all around, but USF needs some non-doc strong indirect fire

They still have the scott howitzers on top of t0 mortar, the pakhowie (which I am sure you can make non-cheesy without making it shit) and also the 3 doctrinal indirect fire units. They have a really good armament overall
6 Feb 2020, 18:34 PM

They still have the scott howitzers on top of t0 mortar, the pakhowie (which I am sure you can make non-cheesy without making it shit) and also the 3 doctrinal indirect fire units. They have a really good armament overall

Yeah but the mortar is nothin great and the Scott arrives by the time the MG and AT walls have already done you in

There are some options to improve the Pak howi overall for sure though
17 Feb 2020, 21:51 PM

Pack Howitzer should be an attempt at a rocket artillery / howitzer analogue: a barrage only weapon with long range and decent damage for taking on massed support weapons in the lategame.

EDIT: Oh fug I just necro'd this thread basically.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★