Login

russian armor

COH2 winter balance mod - discussion

PAGES (44)down
11 Feb 2020, 02:11 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2020, 01:52 AMmrgame2

Tbh i never played usf until the jackson buff.

I thought rifleman snares were added later from launch?

They always had snares.
11 Feb 2020, 03:05 AM

So you are just going to ignore the screenshots made 5 minutes ago IN GAME?

Idk what you did wrong but I just loaded up a custom game against AI and got some squads vetted up "naturally" to avoid any possibility of cheatmods screwing around. Just to confirm Marzianni's confirmation:

They clearly get a AT nade range at vet 3. As you can see the vet 2 squads' circle is within the vet 3 squads' circle at all points

I know the vet descriptions are generally trash, but the default in-game one says "increased ability range" without specifying one. I assume smoke grenade used to benefit from the bonus as well, frag grenade definitely does
11 Feb 2020, 04:06 AM

I know the vet descriptions are generally trash, but the default in-game one says "increased ability range" without specifying one. I assume smoke grenade used to benefit from the bonus as well, frag grenade definitely does

That's correct. The old smoke grenade abilities in fact still gain range and recharge bonuses from vet 3 despite no longer being used by the squad. I have asked in another thread for these bonuses to instead apply to the rifle company and urban assault abilities (fire up, riflemen flares, incendiary grenade) since they are otherwise no longer used and just take up space in the attribute editor. It'd be a nice 'buff' for these doctrines that falls in line with what the veterancy is supposed to do in the first place.
11 Feb 2020, 06:06 AM

I have asked in another thread for these bonuses to instead apply to the rifle company and urban assault abilities (fire up, riflemen flares, incendiary grenade) since they are otherwise no longer used and just take up space in the attribute editor. It'd be a nice 'buff' for these doctrines that falls in line with what the veterancy is supposed to do in the first place.

Oh you're also referring to the recharge buff at vet3? I didn't realize the recharge buff didnt apply to those abilities, I guess I just assumed it did

That seems like more of an oversight than a balance choice maybe? I feel like there's no reason for it not to
11 Feb 2020, 08:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2020, 01:22 AMmrgame2
Wow did the mod team sneak that snare vet in?
Is it even a rifle nade since it dont have the long animation.

No wonder i always felt pfaust is worst snare.
Does cons and sappers get the same vet

Not for conspiracy, but usf again? With mod team being how admandant not touching 60td/jackson...wow just wow.

They've had snares since the faction was released and their veterancy has been the same for years. Maybe check facts before throwing around unfounded accusations.
11 Feb 2020, 09:15 AM

They've had snares since the faction was released and their veterancy has been the same for years. Maybe check facts before throwing around unfounded accusations.

So is the increased snare for Riflemen intended or not? And why do my Riflemen at vet 3 not get the extended snare range as seen in the screenshot? Is the ability bugged?

If their is indeed an increased snare range for Riflemen in the veterancy then please remove it because this doesn't seem intentional to me when even the newly upgraded veterancy guide doesn't mention it.
11 Feb 2020, 09:21 AM

So is the increased snare for Riflemen intended or not? And why do my Riflemen at vet 3 not get the extended snare range as seen in the screenshot? Is the ability bugged?

There never was any patch note stating removal of that vet bonus, therefore its intended since the day USF were released.
11 Feb 2020, 09:27 AM

If their is indeed an increased snare range for Riflemen in the veterancy then please remove it because this doesn't seem intentional to me when even the newly upgraded veterancy guide doesn't mention it.

Did you try deselecting and reselecting the unit to make sure the ability radius fx was updated? The extra range works regardless no matter the case.

And this bonus has been in the game probably since day fucking one of WFA, but just as I predicted the moment I mention it - something apparently so fucking minute you didn't even believe it existed - and it's suddenly a huge fucking balance issue that has to be removed.

You people dont look at stats - don't even know these things exist, call me some kind of idiot for thinking they do, and now you just want it changed for.... reasons! What is the point of this fucking forum and why do I come back here

You don't even apologize for these things you said to me, you don't say anything. Disrespect me publicly and now you want some half-decade old sbps stat removed for what, for not being included in an unofficial and flawed vet guide.
11 Feb 2020, 09:36 AM

Did you try deselecting and reselecting the unit to make sure the ability radius fx was updated? The extra range works regardless no matter the case.

And this bonus has been in the game probably since day fucking one of WFA, but just as I predicted the moment I mention it - something apparently so fucking minute you didn't even believe it existed - and it's suddenly a huge fucking balance issue that has to be removed.

You people dont look at stats - don't even know these things exist, call me some kind of idiot for thinking they do, and now you just want it changed for.... reasons! What is the point of this fucking forum and why do I come back here

Balance team does these "normalisation" changes all the time so why not when it's regarding OP USF stuff? Stuart got aim time reduced for no reason too. So why not this, it makes no sense. Why should double bar vet 3 riflemen have more snare range than 4-man grenadiers?

It's also not my fault the ability is apparently bugged in cheat-mod because I never had this issue when testing any other ability before.

I don't know either why you come back to this forum considering you have a total of like 15 games in COH2 automatch. Why do you even discuss balance?
11 Feb 2020, 09:41 AM

Balance team does these "normalisation" changes all the time so why not when it's regarding OP USF stuff? Stuart got aim time reduced for no reason too. So why not this, it makes no sense.

Makes perfect sense. Increased range on abilities... it's not even unique, we've got it on the Pfussies.

Also, tell me again how this 3.75 range increase you literally learned about today is OP, huh? How many games do you think you lost or won because of this broken stat thats been in the game for fucking forever, huh? And you wanted to talk about ignorance? Why don't you take a break on this one.

Balance team does these "normalisation" changes all the time so why not when it's regarding OP USF stuff? Stuart got aim time reduced for no reason too. So why not this, it makes no sense. Why should double bar vet 3 riflemen have more snare range than 4-man grenadiers?

It's also not my fault the ability is apparently bugged in cheat-mod because I never had this issue when testing any other ability before.

I don't know either why you come back to this forum considering you have a total of like 15 games in COH2 automatch. Why do you even discuss balance?

My computer's shit, yeah. I watch the game lot more than I play it and it barely even does that. Still seems like I still have a better idea of what this game's actually like than you do.

And you, who won't even give me a fucking apology, not even the courtesy to respond to me directly after you got caught being such an ass over something you knew nothing about. Who can't even run a basic test of a vet ability. Who are you to say anything, really?
11 Feb 2020, 09:43 AM

Makes perfect sense. Increased range on abilities... it's not even unique, we've got it on the Pfussies.

Also, tell me again how this 3.75 range increase you literally learned about today is OP, huh? How many games do you think you lost or won because of this broken stat thats been in the game for fucking forever, huh? And you wanted to talk about ignorance? Why don't you take a break on this one.

So why is the balance team reducing Stuart aim time then?

I could say the same:
"How many games do you think you lost or won because of this broken stat thats been in the game for fucking forever, huh?"

I tell you why: Because these things make no sense at all and should be "normalized". I have been saying that Panzerfüssiliers need to lose the insane snare range too. So why should I not ask the same for Riflemen??
11 Feb 2020, 09:52 AM

So why is the balance team reducing Stuart aim time then?

I could say the same:

I tell you why: Because these things make no sense at all and should be "normalized". I have been saying that Panzerfüssiliers need to lose the insane snare range too. So why should I not ask the same for Riflemen??

Probably because - unlike the vet bonuses - it was actually unintended. Same reason you had wacky stuff like the 0 move scatter E8 or the extant 0.5 RA M2HB retreat. Honestly can't say I care much about Stuart aim time in any case, but at least thats a stat you cant literally just infer anyway from the veterancy description.

Neither nerf is required, and neither should be implemented. Ive held this same position the past 20 posts now, when I even predicted this same kneejerk reaction from the likes of you.

There's no issue to be found here other than you trying to save face on this.
11 Feb 2020, 09:58 AM

I'm just going to crash in here with a completely new topic.

With regards to the debate and vote on balancing heavies. Is the biggest problem currently not the Tiger I from the new OKW doctrine?

At least in 1v1 it seems that 90-95% of players use this doctrine which is never a good sign. So perhaps in spite of all other changes being made, something should be done here to make this viable but not dominating. I'm leaning towards making the full tech requirement just like with a KT, but I'm open to have my mind changed.
11 Feb 2020, 09:59 AM

Riflemen have had bonus snare range at vet 3 since launch. You said they didn't, and somehow because cheatcommands screwed up your test it's not your fault?

If you have so much more experience than him, shouldn't you have noticed the vet 3 bonus by now?
11 Feb 2020, 10:12 AM

With regards to the debate and vote on balancing heavies. Is the biggest problem currently not the Tiger I from the new OKW doctrine?

At least in 1v1 it seems that 90-95% of players use this doctrine which is never a good sign. So perhaps in spite of all other changes being made, something should be done here to make this viable but not dominating. I'm leaning towards making the full tech requirement just like with a KT, but I'm open to have my mind changed.

Agree but if you lock Tiger I behind all SWS than OKW is a dead faction. You can't counter IS2+SU85+Katy+7man Cons without Tiger and if you lock it behind all SWS the Tiger I will arrive way later than IS2 or Pershing.
11 Feb 2020, 10:15 AM

Neither nerf is required, and neither should be implemented. Ive held this same position the past 20 posts now, when I even predicted this same kneejerk reaction from the likes of you.

There's no issue to be found here other than you trying to save face on this.

So after playing a total of 15 automatch games over the last seven years you came to the conclusion that the Panzerfüssilier snare range is fine? OK. Very valuable opinion for sure.
11 Feb 2020, 10:18 AM

One of the major problem with super heavies are the rest of the abilities that come with them.

Funny thing is that the problems with G.O. where highlighted even from preview, but they went ahead anyway.

OKW is a classic example. Commander upgrade, PF, Smoke.

It seem that the many "new" commander simply get too many staff.

Imo part of the problem with balancing the game is that there has been very little effort to bring commander to similar power levels.

In this case these super heavies tank should only be combined with UP abilities.
11 Feb 2020, 10:28 AM

And why do my Riflemen at vet 3 not get the extended snare range as seen in the screenshot? Is the ability bugged?

My guess is that you had the ability active when increasing the squad's veterancy from 1 to 3 which didn't prompt the ability to update its range (de-activating the ability and activating it again or re-selecting the squad does update its range).
11 Feb 2020, 10:47 AM

You don't even apologize for these things you said to me, you don't say anything. Disrespect me publicly and now you want some half-decade old sbps stat removed for what, for not being included in an unofficial and flawed vet guide.

Welcome to the COH2 forum where some people prefer to insult other than to actually contribute something helpful.
11 Feb 2020, 11:47 AM

Yes my bad, old folks tend to be more active on forums than in real life because of energy needed
PAGES (44)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS