Login

russian armor

COH2 winter balance mod - discussion

PAGES (44)down
10 Feb 2020, 19:45 PM

Please nerf pfusi AT snare range and remove bonus sight from G43 upgrade at the very minimum. They don't need 32 snare range and they don't need 45 sight or whatever. Their moving DPS is cancer enough, they don't need to be able to spot MGs before they potentially shoot them.

I'd go the other route and rework G-43s in general to get rid of this stupid moving accuracy meme. The utility and 6-man element would still make this unit great if their G-43s were just a general DPS boost.

And the snare is fine; it's 18 range, 22.5 after vet. Nowhere near 32.
10 Feb 2020, 19:51 PM

And the snare is fine; it's 18 range, 22.5 after vet.

How is 22.5 snare range fine for a durable high DPS 6 man squad that also has sprint + recon + grenade? I am confused.

Just for comparison:

- Pfussie AT grenade 18 (22,5 at vet 2);
- Volks Panzerfaust 15;
- Gren Panzerfaust 18;
- Riflemen AT grenade 15;
- Conscripts AT grenade 15;
- Sappers HEAT grenade 15.
10 Feb 2020, 20:04 PM

How is 22.5 snare range fine for a durable high DPS 6 man squad that also has sprint + recon + grenade? I am confused.

Just for comparison:

- Pfussie AT grenade 18 (22,5 at vet 2);
- Volks Panzerfaust 15;
- Gren Panzerfaust 18;
- Riflemen AT grenade 15;
- Conscripts AT grenade 15;
- Sappers HEAT grenade 15.

Riflemen also get a 25% increase at vet 3. 15*1.25 = 18.75
Nobody has complained about that and nobody has ever called for it to be removed, though I won't be surprised if some asshole decides to make a thread on it now that I've pointed it out.

And they've always had the snare and it's range while being a 6-man recon squad with sprint. It's only now that they have the stupid upgrade that it is suddenly an issue, and it is chiefly the upgrade itself that is the problem.
10 Feb 2020, 20:08 PM

I'd go the other route and rework G-43s in general to get rid of this stupid moving accuracy meme. The utility and 6-man element would still make this unit great if their G-43s were just a general DPS boost.

And the snare is fine; it's 18 range, 22.5 after vet. Nowhere near 32.
u know what just give them 6 stv instead of g 43
10 Feb 2020, 20:28 PM

Nobody has complained about that and nobody has ever called for it to be removed, though I won't be surprised if some asshole decides to make a thread on it now that I've pointed it out.

And they've always had the snare and it's range while being a 6-man recon squad with sprint. It's only now that they have the stupid upgrade that it is suddenly an issue, and it is chiefly the upgrade itself that is the problem.

They always had the G43 upgrade. Not sure what you are on about. The only difference is now they also have a double Panzershreck upgrade, which locks out the snare so it's completely irrelevant in that regard.

Riflemen don't get increased snare range either. They only get a 25% buff to their regular grenade.

"+25% Mk. II throwing distance." according to COH2 veterancy guide.

The snare is called riflemen_at_rifle_grenade

10 Feb 2020, 21:06 PM

They always had the G43 upgrade. Not sure what you are on about. The only difference is now they also have a double Panzershreck upgrade, which locks out the snare so it's completely irrelevant in that regard.

Riflemen don't get increased snare range either. They only get a 25% buff to their regular grenade.

"+25% Mk. II throwing distance." according to COH2 veterancy guide.

The snare is called riflemen_at_rifle_grenade

The veterancy guide is wrong.

There is no "riflemen_at_rifle_grenade" ability. It doesn't exist. There is only "riflemen_at_rifle_grenade_vet". I have modded this quite often and this is the ability file which I have modified in order to change the RM snare in my own mods. It is the only such snare ability mentioned in the riflemen ebps and the only such snare ability to be mentioned in any capacity by the veterancy files, where it is unlocked at veterancy 1, and receives 0.5 recharge time and 1.25 ability range at vet 3.

"riflemen_at_rifle_grenade" is the name of the weapon used by the ability, which may be the source of the confusion here. The weapon itself is a subject entirely different from the ability, however. If we went by weapon range alone we would find a range of 30 for the riflemen and panzerfusilier rifle grenades, 35 for the ostheer/okw fallschirmjaeger panzerfausts, 20 for the volks panzerfaust, and all the AT grenades aside from the Soviet AT grenade assault, which has a whopping 50 range in the weapon profile. Obviously from looking at these stats you can tell they are not being used; only ability range is factored into whether an ability can be used unless marked otherwise.

As for the Pfusiliers, they weren't as cheap nor as common as they are now, and both of those aspects are facilitated through the upgrade itself. You can write me up for forgetting the G43 was an upgrade for them back then, but in any case the snare range (which was admittedly less powerful at one point) was not an issue that was brought up at the time.

10 Feb 2020, 21:17 PM

The veterancy guide is wrong.

There is no "riflemen_at_rifle_grenade" ability. It doesn't exist. There is only "riflemen_at_rifle_grenade_vet". I have modded this quite often and this is the ability file which I have modified in order to change the RM snare in my own mods. It is the only such snare ability mentioned in the riflemen ebps and the only such snare ability to be mentioned in any capacity by the veterancy files, where it is unlocked at veterancy 1, and receives 0.5 recharge time and 1.25 ability range at vet 3.

As for the Pfusiliers, they weren't as cheap nor as common as they are now, and both of those aspects are facilitated through the upgrade itself. You can write me up for forgetting the G43 was an upgrade for them back then, but in any case the snare range (which was admittedly less powerful at one point) was not an issue that was brought up at the time.

Can you stop making ridiculous statements and admit you are wrong?

10 Feb 2020, 21:23 PM

Can you stop making ridiculous statements and admit you are wrong?

After you.

It's always worked fine for me in my tests.
10 Feb 2020, 21:25 PM

After you.

It's always worked fine for me in my tests.

So you are just going to ignore the screenshots made 5 minutes ago IN GAME?

Yes so clearly the game is wrong and you are right. I got it.

Damn game not doing what Mazianni says is a disgrace to humanity. How dare you coh2.exe???

I am gonna stop responding to you now because this level of ignorance is just too much for me.
10 Feb 2020, 21:29 PM

Yes so clearly the game is wrong and you are right. I got it.

Damn game not doing what Mazianni says is a disgrace to humanity. How dare you coh2.exe???

I am gonna stop responding to you now because this level of ignorance is just too much for me.

Yes, I am ignorant of your secret "riflemen_at_rifle_grenade" ability not present anywhere in the game files. I'm also ignorant of why the rifle squad wouldn't be using the only snare ability they are assigned in their ebps or why the 50% recharge and 25% range bonuses very clearly given to them in their sbps file would not be applying despite having made use of these same bonuses and abilities in my own work time after time. I guess I am to take that the reason is simply that you have said so, and this gives you the right to be rude and dismissive to people who show evidence contrary to what you believe.

So you are just going to ignore the screenshots made 5 minutes ago IN GAME?

I can only assume it is some sort of visual bug. The only other possibility is an extremely recent bug regarding the squad's veterancy that I have somehow not noticed yet.
10 Feb 2020, 21:33 PM

Just go in-game and check it out for yourself like I did and then report back to what you found out.

I can't believe someone can really be that ignorant. Riflemen don't get a vet 3 snare range increase as I showed you with screenshots. The reason for this is not because I said so but because the game is like that. I am not rude either, you are just unbelievably ignorant and just dismiss in-game realities for no reason. It's like trying to tell someone 2+2 =4 and they keep saying it's 5 for no reason.
10 Feb 2020, 22:00 PM

Just go in-game and check it out for yourself like I did and then report back to what you found out.

I can't believe someone can really be that ignorant. Riflemen don't get a vet 3 snare range increase as I showed you with screenshots. The reason for this is not because I said so but because the game is like that. I am not rude either, you are just unbelievably ignorant and just dismiss in-game realities for no reason. It's like trying to tell someone 2+2 =4 and they keep saying it's 5 for no reason.

I literally just tested this on the test range map and it worked exactly as I expected. I will come back and edit this post with pictures in a minute. It seems they do not save when I exit to windows or something, but I will PrintScreen them if I have to. I'm not sure what you must have been doing wrong but I will assume for your benefit you did not deliberately fake your images just to look correct.

The only other thing I can think of is you spawned the riflemen in with the spawner and their vet then did not work for whatever reason. I have been doing these tests with riflemen built from barracks - not that it should make any difference - and every single time the ability range has increased once they hit vet 3.

EDIT: Images in. Took several to highlight the bonus.
This shows the radius of a vet 1 and vet 3 rifle nade attack side by side.

If that is not convincing enough, these two show before and after vet 3 in the same squad without any camera movement.

The bonus is even evident when firing the rifle grenade. Note each bar denotes 5 range.
(Open image in a new window if you are having difficulty seeing the rifle grenade: it has been fired and is in flight in this image.)

I'm not going to lie man, I kind of want an apology. You shouldn't treat people like they're a fucking idiot just because you can't accept something. I really hope you didn't fake your test. The only thing I can say is maybe you didn't think to deselect and reselect the squad to make sure it updated the radius on your screen, but I like to think anybody would have known to do that to make sure.

Final verdict: Riflemen get a 25% range increase on the snare in live game and that is an absolute fact backed up by both gameplay and game stats.
It's incredibly sad that this actually makes me worry that this apparently completely unknown stat will suddenly become a topic of outrage amongst axis mains now.
11 Feb 2020, 01:22 AM

Wow did the mod team sneak that snare vet in?
Is it even a rifle nade since it dont have the long animation.

No wonder i always felt pfaust is worst snare.
Does cons and sappers get the same vet

Not for conspiracy, but usf again? With mod team being how admandant not touching 60td/jackson...wow just wow.
MMX
11 Feb 2020, 01:43 AM

Final verdict: Riflemen get a 25% range increase on the snare in live game and that is an absolute fact backed up by both gameplay and game stats.
It's incredibly sad that this actually makes me worry that this apparently completely unknown stat will suddenly become a topic of outrage amongst axis mains now.

i have to admit this is news to me, too, as i guess it is for quite a few others as well. anyway, thanks for providing the test results, kind of sad your prediction came true just with the very next post already...
11 Feb 2020, 01:47 AM

USF non-M36 AT does not need a nerf. If anything Riflemen should get free vet 0 snare (not muni free, vet 0 unlocked) once Major is out.
11 Feb 2020, 01:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2020, 01:22 AMmrgame2
Wow did the mod team sneak that snare vet in?
Is it even a rifle nade since it dont have the long animation.

No wonder i always felt pfaust is worst snare.
Does cons and sappers get the same vet

Not for conspiracy, but usf again? With mod team being how admandant not touching 60td/jackson...wow just wow.

It has literally been in the vet for years, possibly since USF launch. Its not new
11 Feb 2020, 01:50 AM

Wow I guess there something new to learn even now. I wonder what other obscure stat is hiding in the game.
11 Feb 2020, 01:52 AM

It has literally been in the vet for years, possibly since USF launch. Its not new

Tbh i never played usf until the jackson buff.

I thought rifleman snares were added later from launch?
11 Feb 2020, 02:01 AM

I like how the recent dispute between Mazianni and blvckdream matches their profile pictures with pepe&stuff.
PAGES (44)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS