Login

russian armor

Nerf IR Halftrack

13 Jan 2020, 22:15 PM

Yea this unit is broken especially due to the fact that completely negates CAMMO! But I hardly see this unit in team games but yea some sort of update to this unit is needed.

???

This thing is basically a "must build" in 3v3 and 4v4 at decent levels (or higher). The amount of information it gives is absurd, and it does so at an incredibly low cost and pop. Its utility is especially strong when combining it with various on-map arty units (LeFH, W-Stuka, PW).

On narrow maps like Redball it can watch over an entire 'lane', giving you either 100% protection from flanks, or an early warning for attacks.
13 Jan 2020, 22:17 PM

???

This thing is basically a "must build" in 3v3 and 4v4 at decent levels (or higher). The amount of information it gives is absurd, and it does so at an incredibly low cost and pop. Its utility is especially strong when combining it with various on-map arty units (LeFH, W-Stuka, PW).

Off course its super important but from my experience I don't see it as much.
13 Jan 2020, 22:20 PM

Off course its super important but from my experience I don't see it as much.

That's extremely strange then, especially considering your rank and the (seemingly) current preference for OKW over OST. I will admit, it's not so popular that every player builds one in every game, but there's usually at least one in a 4v4 game, from my experience (top ~150 4v4 random teams).
14 Jan 2020, 01:06 AM

Nerf recon plane from Major and all is good, nerf away at the IR HT.

Nerfing just OKW is hilarious and sad.

Because there's no other recon planes in the whole game at all and OKW doesn't get, oh, I don't know, nondoc elite infantry and heavy tanks.

That's extremely strange then, especially considering your rank and the (seemingly) current preference for OKW over OST. I will admit, it's not so popular that every player builds one in every game, but there's usually at least one in a 4v4 game, from my experience (top ~150 4v4 random teams).

Yep, because it's OP, doesn't take any effort to use, and costs almost nothing.
14 Jan 2020, 05:45 AM

The mechanic has already been removed from a combat unit (Valentine) because there is a gamebreaking bug (permanent maphack) which can't be solved by either Relic or Modteam and thus the unit has been banned from tournament play for a long time.

I've remember seeing it just after the release of WFA back in 2014 with a couple of reports back which were invis at the time to not spread awareness.

It's on their "database".

https://www.coh2.org/topic/42476/ir-ht-permanent-spots-units-on-tactical-map

Oooohhh...
14 Jan 2020, 09:57 AM

Permanently Banned
ye recon for an infinite time throughout the game sounds pretty OP to me. And when u take that thing out u r frustrated that it didnt even hurt the enemy much and he can quickly make another one. That thing is as cheap as a kuebelwagen.
The IR Halftrack is easily worth 50+ fuel. Fuel might be unrealistic for a light vehicle, but then add ammo or something to purchase that unit. Dont nerf it!
14 Jan 2020, 10:38 AM

Before nerfing IR HT..there are much better candidate for a faster nerf because they have much more BS impact than the IR HT.

like the 110muni cluster bombs form USF...totally OP for the costs.

or B4 spam...or USF howis
14 Jan 2020, 11:12 AM

Before nerfing IR HT..there are much better candidate for a faster nerf because they have much more BS impact than the IR HT.

How is you not reacting to flares or not being capable of countering arty despite having all the tools needed worse for balance then having permanent map hack?

Brit version was removed due to providing too much info and it wasn't even bugged.
Existence of IR HT in current form is an insult to balance.
14 Jan 2020, 11:16 AM

so you know urself the unit a barely used, yet u want to nerf it more so its never used again?

srsly for me personally its usefulness is situational and in most cases i would rather want my pop cap being used elsewhere. The unit isn't OP, its just cheesy and im all in for removing cheese as long as changes are reasonable and OKW has maintained some sort of recon.
MMX
14 Jan 2020, 11:20 AM

ahh, a classic ullumullu...

btw, you forgot: bofors & mortar pit nerf when?
14 Jan 2020, 13:29 PM

I think brit arty flare is also OP in recon.

No dont nerf IRHT. Instead switch with resoruce truck. IRHT become doctrine. resource truck become non-doc, at 1 pop each.
14 Jan 2020, 13:33 PM

IR halftrack is an abomination that shouldn't even exist in a game, the fact that it's bugged only adds insult to injury
Kill it with fire.
14 Jan 2020, 14:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2020, 13:29 PMmrgame2

No dont nerf IRHT. Instead switch with resoruce truck. IRHT become doctrine. resource truck become non-doc, at 1 pop each.

Sure you do, axis ritter, sure you do.
14 Jan 2020, 16:32 PM
Donator 22

I think it might be ok in 1v1, not sure.
But I loooove to have it on my side in 2v2 or 3v3 on small maps. It is a huge advantage. Far too huge in my view.
Especially if you can put it behind a wall or other shot blocker.
If it was doctrinal, ok. If it was a timed ability, ok.
the way it is now is just too good to have it at that price.
14 Jan 2020, 18:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2020, 11:16 AMAlphrum
so you know urself the unit a barely used, yet u want to nerf it more so its never used again?

srsly for me personally its usefulness is situational and in most cases i would rather want my pop cap being used elsewhere. The unit isn't OP, its just cheesy and im all in for removing cheese as long as changes are reasonable and OKW has maintained some sort of recon.

4v4 games aren't exactly known for their amazing levels of play - most players there are using massively 'sub optimal' builds/strategies, or just aren't paying attention; I usually have something playing on my 2nd screen, and the game volume at basically zero, for example (only in 4v4).

The IRHT also isn't the best choice very early on, since there won't be any units on the field yet that require "LOS". That means that any game that ends before about 15 minutes won't see an IRHT, since it won't be needed.

Also, the price is insanely low; it's -10mp +5 fuel +1 pop when compared to a kubel. Considering keeping a kubel into mid/late isn't common, an IRHT is an excellent replacement.

14 Jan 2020, 18:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2020, 11:16 AMAlphrum

How is permanent, 0-input-required maphacks "situational"? Especially in teamgames, it's a no-brainer. It's so cheap it hardly even affects your build order and the benefits it gives are stupidly powerful at any decent level of play.
14 Jan 2020, 18:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jan 2020, 13:29 PMmrgame2

Yes UKF arty flare is very OP. They should make it like OKW spec ops flare for better balance!!!!!!!
14 Jan 2020, 20:22 PM

Yes UKF arty flare is very OP. They should make it like OKW spec ops flare for better balance!!!!!!!

lol.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 42
United Kingdom 165
unknown 5
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L