Login

russian armor

High moving accuracy on Panzerfusilier G43

9 Jan 2020, 22:18 PM

Teamgame perspective

Why do we have such high moving accuracy values on semi-auto rifles? It dumbs down the gameplay with every PF squad running and gunning. Contrary to SMGs, G43s maintain good moving DPS even at mid to long ranges. Add to that low MP reinforce cost and 6 models per squad. This promotes mobile blobs, especially with quick 40MU recon/smoke screen that can save such player from well positioned MG.

Grand Offensive OKW commander is currently a boring meta in 2v2 with PF blobs and Tiger every game. Let me know if I'm missing something...
9 Jan 2020, 22:23 PM

Isn’t Breakthrough better for the Jagdtiger?

At least PFusiiliers don’t have a good grenade, like most other good mobile squads.
9 Jan 2020, 22:33 PM

first u get only a few g 43 not 6

second, compare them to penal rifle and u will quickly see that moving penal rifle will do about the same damage , don't forget the 90 mun pay out
10 Jan 2020, 00:47 AM

At least PFusiiliers don’t have a good grenade, like most other good mobile squads.

But penal rifle has a cooldown penalty on the move. (i think it's the only squad to have such a penalty)
10 Jan 2020, 02:25 AM

Yes but 6
10 Jan 2020, 03:08 AM

Permanently Banned
Because PF are doctrinal units, rifles and 7man cons are op right now and you're complaining about a doctrinal infantry unit being doctrinally good?

Rifles can just charge green cover volks and have a good chance of winning. Almost like what rifles have ALWAYS been doing vs grens.
10 Jan 2020, 03:45 AM

Second, compare them to penal rifle and u will quickly see that moving penal rifle will do about the same damage , don't forget the 90 mun pay out

Cheaper in MP, don't have any tech cost, have a snare, bonus vision, flares. Idk why you keep comparing these two squads, they really aren't that similar

Penals are much stronger in beginning, later on vehicles can bully them unless you change their role. Fussies are pretty much only good for snaring light vehicles in the beginning, and scale up

Snares alone change everything. You can bully non-ptrs penals with literally any vehicle stronger than a kubel

And before you freak out because you think I'm saying penals aren't good: penals are great, borderline OP. If they didn't delay the opening they would be outlandishly broken. I don't want them buffed by any means
10 Jan 2020, 05:08 AM

Yeah their moving accuracy needs a nerf
10 Jan 2020, 06:02 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Because that's how they are meant to be?

Semi-auto excel at short-mid while not been as great as SMG at close. They will retain decent-equal performance to basic bolt action rifles at long range.

But penal rifle has a cooldown penalty on the move. (i think it's the only squad to have such a penalty)

I think you are confused. All weapons have penalties on the move.

Different type of weapons have their accuracy values going down depending on how effective the weapon is meant to be (bolt are cut down half while others by only a quarter)

SMG/Semi auto should be firing faster on the move cause the cooldown duration is reduced while in the move-
10 Jan 2020, 08:18 AM

No because Tiger >>>>>> Jagdtiger in 99.9999% of games.
10 Jan 2020, 11:37 AM

Because that's how they are meant to be?

Semi-auto excel at short-mid while not been as great as SMG at close. They will retain decent-equal performance to basic bolt action rifles at long range.

I think you are confused. All weapons have penalties on the move.

Different type of weapons have their accuracy values going down depending on how effective the weapon is meant to be (bolt are cut down half while others by only a quarter)

SMG/Semi auto should be firing faster on the move cause the cooldown duration is reduced while in the move-

The penalties in particular, however, in addition to the accuracy, were nerfed because the potential for the retreating squads wipes. Especially at the beginning on not vetted units was excessive. Then they put a further malus which consists in the higher cooldown on the move. In fact, moving them you can see how they shoot with less ROF. At least if this nerf wasn't reverted then.
10 Jan 2020, 12:08 PM

Fusiliers G43 moving accuracy is at 0.8 if Im not mistaken, compared to 0.9 on all other G43s. Personally I find fusilier blobs kinda awful to be honest.. their dps is good but the downside of not having a cover-denial grenade and no sandbags hurts.

While you can somewhat fix these 2 downsides by simply building a volk squad, they still have the massive healing problem. 6 models means 1 more model to heal and they dont get any self-heal tool from veterancy.
10 Jan 2020, 12:39 PM

Fusiliers G43 moving accuracy is at 0.8 if Im not mistaken, compared to 0.9 on all other G43s

All G43s have 0.8 moving accuracy, but what makes them even better is that they (all) get a 0.5 moving cooldown bonus too which means they have ~90-99% moving DPS. The higher the range the higher the relative moving DPS because the cooldown bonus cancels out most of the longer duration far range cooldown stats.

Panzerfusiliers do have their own G43 version though, as well as Grens and PGrens each having their own version. The Pfussie one is the weakest because it deals less damage per shot (14). The PGren one is the best with 16 damage and the highest accuracy and better cooldowns since last patch.

On the subject of Panzerfusiliers themselves, I think they are quite balanced right now as they bring plenty of advantages to the table (long range snare, vision, durability, good DPS and great moving DPS, versatility) but also have plenty of disadvantages (costly, the weapon upgrade is good but not fantastic, no self heal, no sandbags, no flame grenade, significant early game disadvantage, etc.). They are very strong in Grand Offensive, but that's more of a problem of synergy with the excellent Tiger I, which would hopefully be solved with some adjustments to heavy tanks. I like that the G43s have high moving accuracy, it gives them something special that separates them from rifles and assault rifles.
10 Jan 2020, 14:44 PM

second, compare them to penal rifle and u will quickly see that moving penal rifle will do about the same damage , don't forget the 90 mun pay out
You get 4 which is not a few.
10 Jan 2020, 15:03 PM

4 where they not 3 or 2 ?
10 Jan 2020, 15:03 PM

They get 3x G43 and 3x Panzerfusilier Kar 98K with one weapon slot left for whatever they can get their hands on.
10 Jan 2020, 15:06 PM

At no range does a penal squad do more dps than a G43 panserfusilier squad on the move.

At range 10:
G43PF does ~22.8 dps
Penal does 14.25

At range 20:
G43PF does ~12.8 dps
Penal does ~10.5

At range 30:
G43PF does ~10 dps
Penal does ~7.5

You get 3.
10 Jan 2020, 18:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2020, 15:06 PMSerrith

At no range does a penal squad do more dps than a G43 panserfusilier squad on the move.

At range 10:
G43PF does ~22.8 dps
Penal does 14.25

At range 20:
G43PF does ~12.8 dps
Penal does ~10.5

At range 30:
G43PF does ~10 dps
Penal does ~7.5

You get 3.
i meant the g43 only as u do pay extra for them
10 Jan 2020, 19:11 PM

i meant the g43 only as u do pay extra for them

Because you pay no tech for them and also get a snare and also get a flare. Penals ain't cheap. Comparing ONLY dps of ONLY the specific parts you want to isn't how you compare units. Yes. You pay a lot for fussies, but in return you get penals, with utility. You are paying to have flexibility and adaptability as well as paying to cancel out the OKW's biggest weakness, which is being snare less until they tech up. Fussies give you the power of soviet t1 top tier infantry while also canceling out Soviet t1 cheese. There is a reason they are on everyone's card.
10 Jan 2020, 19:14 PM

Because you pay no tech for them and also get a snare and also get a flare. Penals ain't cheap. Comparing ONLY dps of ONLY the specific parts you want to isn't how you compare units. Yes. You pay a lot for fussies, but in return you get penals, with utility. You are paying to have flexibility and adaptability as well as paying to cancel out the OKW's biggest weakness, which is being snare less until they tech up. Fussies give you the power of soviet t1 top tier infantry while also canceling out Soviet t1 cheese. There is a reason they are on everyone's card.
and im saying something bad ? what are u here just to respond to any post i make

im saying simply pf g43 are fine

u are free to say u opinion ?

btw u only get penal like performance after tier 1 and after decking out 90 mun, before that us just get more expensive worse volks
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★