Login

russian armor

Guards underperform

13 Dec 2019, 15:49 PM

Permanently Banned
the duration is 5 seconds. Im pretty sure.
13 Dec 2019, 15:53 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2019, 15:49 PMRitter

You didn't check the attribute editor nor the ability guide. Im pretty sure.

Edit,
In case you don't know about them:
How to use the attribute editor.
Ability guide.
13 Dec 2019, 16:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

IS2 is also underpowered and needs to be 10 population. This is why it wasn’t used in the latest tournament by Talisman and Luvnest.

IS2 confirmed UP, this is why it wasn't used by OMGPop and Twister in recent tournaments...

For the lazy:

https://www.coh2.org/guides/88945/the-coh2-ability-guide-mark-2-0#2657

Edit: you just added :P

13 Dec 2019, 16:06 PM

Ability guide.

I'm pretty sure most people when they see the xml file of the att editor they are gonna go "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
13 Dec 2019, 16:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2019, 15:41 PMVipper

Glad that I could help.

The ability is fine and Guards are probably OP.

One might experiment with reducing duration to 5 but make it uninterruptible.

I play a fair amount of Soviets and don't mind it as it is. It's usually broken by smoke from Panzer tactician so that seems like a normal play-counterplay progression. I sometimes use it to save a retreating tank on my team or to slow down an opposing tank long enough to kill it. It works fine for its cost.
13 Dec 2019, 16:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm pretty sure most people when they see the xml file of the att editor they are gonna go "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

https://www.coh2.org/guides/11637/extracting-statistics-guide

IMO this was much easier, but i don't think it works as well as of the latest patches.

It would extract the files into "easily" read notepad+ files.
13 Dec 2019, 17:05 PM

https://www.coh2.org/guides/11637/extracting-statistics-guide

IMO this was much easier, but i don't think it works as well as of the latest patches.

It would extract the files into "easily" read notepad+ files.

You can always use the attribute editor to get the xml and write some kind script(python would be good most people know this) to convert them into easy stats.
13 Dec 2019, 17:18 PM

Guard and why is it needed when there are Penals with PTRS? And even if remove the PTRS from Penals, the whining that the Guard + Penals is an OP will return again.
Soviet infantry is just a mess.
13 Dec 2019, 17:21 PM

Edit,
Ability guide.

Thanks, this wasn't intended at me but I also didn't know about them.
13 Dec 2019, 21:23 PM

Underperform??? Guards might be the best infantry squad in the game imo

Not incredible at anything, but pretty good at just about everything

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2019, 15:49 PMRitter

I'm pretty sure you're trolling. If not, you're not putting in enough effort to look up stats
13 Dec 2019, 21:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You can always use the attribute editor to get the xml and write some kind script(python would be good most people know this) to convert them into easy stats.

I tried this already with my very limited programming skills.

The main problem is that the editor can only export a csv file. Now take a wild guess which symbol is also used to separate decimals. It's basically impossible to tell apart which is a separator-comma to separate different stats and which is a comma within one stat value (for example 0,15 far accuracy).

If you got a solution to this I would be very glad.
13 Dec 2019, 22:20 PM

Guard and why is it needed when there are Penals with PTRS? And even if remove the PTRS from Penals, the whining that the Guard + Penals is an OP will return again.
Soviet infantry is just a mess.

Guards hit harder is why. Its like the difference between a maxim and DSHK. There is undeniable overlap but the doctrinal one is a better unit
14 Dec 2019, 01:36 AM

Ritter is happy
14 Dec 2019, 02:57 AM

I tried this already with my very limited programming skills.

The main problem is that the editor can only export a csv file. Now take a wild guess which symbol is also used to separate decimals. It's basically impossible to tell apart which is a separator-comma to separate different stats and which is a comma within one stat value (for example 0,15 far accuracy).

If you got a solution to this I would be very glad.

Hmm... The att editor keeps the weapon file in xml format in one of it's folders. I forgot where it was but i think it's called instances.
14 Dec 2019, 07:43 AM

Permanently Banned
iot should be 10 seconds at least. Otherwise the 40 ammo is useless
14 Dec 2019, 08:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2019, 07:43 AMRitter
iot should be 10 seconds at least. Otherwise the 40 ammo is useless

I agree, the ability should be cheaper as well.

I also think guards PTRS rifles should get 300 penetration in order to make them more useful. Likewise guards need a lower received accuracy in order to avoid being zoned out by infantry or vehicle MGs so easily so they can perform this ability more often. Maybe 0.8 target size? Alternatively one could try damage reduction.

Maybe buff the DP lmgs too so they get the JLI insta-kill crit, and give them 8 damage per shot. A price reduction might also help.

I think then maybe this unit will finally be balanced.
14 Dec 2019, 18:12 PM

I agree, the ability should be cheaper as well.

I also think guards PTRS rifles should get 300 penetration in order to make them more useful. Likewise guards need a lower received accuracy in order to avoid being zoned out by infantry or vehicle MGs so easily so they can perform this ability more often. Maybe 0.8 target size? Alternatively one could try damage reduction.

Maybe buff the DP lmgs too so they get the JLI insta-kill crit, and give them 8 damage per shot. A price reduction might also help.

I think then maybe this unit will finally be balanced.

i know you are trolling, but button SHOULD be cheaper since panzer tac instantly counters it despite button also requiring a costly upgrade first
before anyone goes off, id like to point out that the UC self repair was increased in price because a snare would cost more than the ability meaning you could trade damage for a net positive exchange of munitions. either ptac should go up or button should go down, im thinking the former since the latter could throw off the soviet muni economy and make lights easier to kill.
14 Dec 2019, 20:56 PM

+1 to cheaper button.
14 Dec 2019, 21:56 PM

i know you are trolling, but button SHOULD be cheaper since panzer tac instantly counters it despite button also requiring a costly upgrade first
before anyone goes off, id like to point out that the UC self repair was increased in price because a snare would cost more than the ability meaning you could trade damage for a net positive exchange of munitions. either ptac should go up or button should go down, im thinking the former since the latter could throw off the soviet muni economy and make lights easier to kill.

TBH, I agree, and I think the UC repair nerf in particular was stupid and unnecessary considering it can't even be repaired by normal means in the early game, but I will say that Panzer Tactician being doctrinal sort of (and I do mean "sort of") justifies it being such an easy counter to the button ability, which if I am being honest I don't believe I've ever really tried to seriously use.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★