Login

russian armor

The most OP unit is the game *drum roll* is...

PAGES (7)down
12 Dec 2019, 06:07 AM

IMHO the most OP unit in-game - IRHT. No brainer unit that completely broke true sight system in-game. You could see snipers, stealth units, no any chances to any surpise attack...
14 Dec 2019, 20:46 PM

It's strong, but nowhere near M36 "oppression" levels.

The MG42 does very, very little actual damage - especially against anything in cover or garrisoned; compare its damage output of that to the .50cal or Vickers, and you'll see that it can't really drain any MP, it just forces retreats (hard or soft). It does suppress incredibly quickly, but that's the only area it's truly exceptional in (AP rounds seem in-line with other MG-AP rounds).

Even then, its suppression isn't insurmountable; get some Double-Bren-Bolstered-Vet 3 infantry sections or Vet3 rifles w/ M1919s, and you'll be able to melt it head-on. It also has the slowest traversal rate in the game (for MGs), making it very vulnerable to simply having two units attack in from slightly different angles. Another counter is that due to the 3 second pack up time, it is exceedingly vulnerable to Penal-satchels; if the throw animation is started, the MG is gone. This means that OST players will likely move/retreat the MG if penals even get close, regardless of the satchel being thrown or not.

It's a very solid unit, but by no means is it OP. There are simply too many ways to counter it for it to be "oppressive", many of which are available quite early on (having 2+ infantry squads, mortar smoke, MHT smoke, RE smoke, penals, flamer UC/M3).

The M36 actually takes work to unlock and actually costs something. The HMG42 is...not that way. It also doesn't get a hard counter until medium tanks hit the field but it's available righr off the bat. Some light vehicles can withstand it but they don't deal much damage to it.
14 Dec 2019, 20:48 PM

It's "the most OP unit in the game" but its also "not necessarily bad that it performs so well." That makes sense

It does make sense to those with better reading comprehension.
14 Dec 2019, 20:54 PM

Guys, the most OP unit in the game is: *drumroll...

Riflemen blobs!
and jacksons, of course.

Change my mind
14 Dec 2019, 21:01 PM

Guys, the most OP unit in the game is: *drumroll...

Riflemen blobs!
and jacksons, of course.

Change my mind

Double Panzerfaust Panzergrens and MG42s.
14 Dec 2019, 21:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2019, 21:01 PMCODGUY

Except Panzershreks on Panzergrenadiers is not meta and most top players hate the MG42 for its nonexistent traverse.
14 Dec 2019, 21:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2019, 21:01 PMCODGUY

*laughs is katyusha volley fire

Cmon you are not even trying...
14 Dec 2019, 21:53 PM

Except Panzershreks on Panzergrenadiers is not meta and most top players hate the MG42 for its nonexistent traverse.

I don't really want to be a part of this back-and-forth, but I should say that Panzershrek PzGrens are a pretty common sight with players rushing T3.
14 Dec 2019, 22:43 PM

*laughs is katyusha volley fire

Cmon you are not even trying...

Since when does USF have Katyusha rockets?
14 Dec 2019, 23:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2019, 22:43 PMCODGUY

Since when does USF have Katyusha rockets?

only you could care so much for a single faction. Sadly i got bad news for you... there are 5 whole different factions in the game, including USF. Play with all of them, that might teach you a valuable lesson and give you a good perspective about balance.

I don't really want to be a part of this back-and-forth, but I should say that Panzershrek PzGrens are a pretty common sight with players rushing T3.

Pgren with shreks also have face 2 or 3 riflemen squads, probably vet2 by the time frame you mention. Rushing T3 is risky if the allied player is offensive with infantry instead of LVs.

But i admit pgren are the new penals, but for axis
15 Dec 2019, 00:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2019, 10:50 AMVipper

Read the patch notes and keep in mind that USF where beating Ostheer easily at the time:

MG42 HMG:
To encourage and diversify builds we have decided to move the HMG to the HQ. We expect this change will prompt more Wehrmacht opening strategies. We have adjusted the MG42’s cost and build time to bring it more in line with its performance.

Moved to HQ
Cost increased from 240 to 260
Build time increase from 30 seconds to 36 seconds

Wow I wonder what is the date they changed it to what it is not today, seems like it almost always has been t0 lol
15 Dec 2019, 00:11 AM

While it isn't "the most OP unit ingame", playing against 4x MG42 backed by 2x mortar and bunker spam on rails and metal certainly makes me want to uninstall as any faction, especially brits though.

Just get a sniper :snfPeter:
15 Dec 2019, 00:13 AM

To be fair, you can easy outplay HMG42 with Maxims and Vickers, because it will stop shooting when it gets yellow pinned. Maxim more or less ignores suppression, Vickers also perfomes besser under that situations.

HMG is here, because the rest of Ostheer can't fight on in price/power comparison.

Edit: I would like to see HMG34 instead of HMG42 for Ostheer, move it to OKW instead.

Making shock-grenade non-doc and give Pios some light AT-option would bring the change in line... only a thought.

HMG42 for OKW would be broken lol
15 Dec 2019, 00:15 AM

I have to check the 1vs1 situation again, the performance between HMG42 and Maxim often changed and multible Maxims are still normal tactic. On real scenarios with multible units Maxim perform more flexible than HMGs, because Ostheers arty and infantry-abilities can't counter as effective, in comparison with needed cost and micro.

Molotov, diverse mortar, Zis arty-barrage and early T70 simply are more potential than rifle-grenades, mortar and 222.

Germans units had unique abiliies, now they often have overpriced stuff. e.g. geballte isn't worth the price, it isn't better than egg-grenade, because of longer timer and worse range. Rifle-grenade only works versus bad path-finding. PaK40 isn't better than any other AT-tank-gun, it still bounces (IS2, KV, Chruchill) etc.

Germans arn't bad, but it is more butt-hurt to play.

Pak40 is the best at gun in the game starting at vet 1 with its really strong vet 1 ability
15 Dec 2019, 00:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2019, 18:21 PMSerrith

Im not entirely sure your what your point is. Yes, pak doesnt have an artillery barrage, but the zis doesnt have target weak point either. Yeah grens dont have a non doc close range grenade, but cons dont have a long range grenade either.
Are you saying that all units should have equal types of abilities?

Exactly, faction diversity is something which make playing each faction feels different even though this game is not in a fantasy setting but rather a game where units are soldiers and tanks for the most part.
15 Dec 2019, 00:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2019, 20:46 PMCODGUY

It also doesn't get a hard counter until medium tanks hit the field but it's available righr off the bat. Some light vehicles can withstand it but they don't deal much damage to it.

You forgetting the existence of mortars?
15 Dec 2019, 03:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2019, 00:13 AMKobal

HMG42 for OKW would be broken lol

LOL that noob bitch faction shouldn't even have an MG34.
15 Dec 2019, 04:40 AM

You forgetting the existence of mortars?

Right? Can't shoot what they can't see.
15 Dec 2019, 04:56 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Most OP unit in the game is engineers for all factions. It has 100% appearance rate on 4 out of 5 factions. That is why UKF is UP. No engineer as starting unit.

Change my mind.
15 Dec 2019, 05:13 AM

Right? Can't shoot what they can't see.

Yeah lol and aside from the fucking design of how a mortar works, we have flare on the soviets to spot, US one is in HQ, and mortar pit smoke range is phenomenal

Idk how even a troll can type "no dedicated counter until medium tanks"
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight