Login

russian armor

Stationary PANTHER - Poll

Should a Panther have better accuracy when being 'stationary'?
Option Distribution Votes
18%
24%
14%
44%
Total votes: 50
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
25 Nov 2019, 13:54 PM

I think most of the players have encountered this issue, but below video link shows one of those exact moments when it happendes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIN0omrP-sQ&t=2758s

For a tank as expensive as a Panther, it shouldn't really miss any shots on being 'stationary', but it does miss pretty often.
25 Nov 2019, 13:56 PM

What exactly makes you think a SINGLE SHOT is an indicator of anything?

Panthers accuracy is already in line with TDs accuracy.
25 Nov 2019, 13:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2019, 13:56 PMKatitof

At vet0 only...
25 Nov 2019, 13:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2019, 13:56 PMKatitof
What exactly makes you think a SINGLE SHOT is an indicator of anything?

The base stats are fine, but all other TDs get an accuracy bonus with vet, panther doesnt.

Since vet 2 does not do that much atm (bit more armor and increased turret rotation) I think it should also give 20 or 30% more accuracy
25 Nov 2019, 14:07 PM

I’d rather give the Panther better moving accuracy with vet than stationary accuracy. It’s supposed to brawl and get dives to finish off enemy tanks, yet abhorrent accuracy and reload make that painful.
25 Nov 2019, 14:14 PM

None of that would solve the issue of panthers. it needs to incentivize anti infantry moreso than anti tank because it's already pretty premium and competes with the p4s which are quite frankly, more effecient and easier to get.

For ostheer you need t4 which is something you rarely really get because brumbar and pwerfer are meh (in the context of 1v1)

And as for okw, p4+heat is better or just going double p4 with double raketten. beats most of the thigns allies field, though it has something of a place vs usf.

(Also tiger is just better to get due to timing differences 8 times out of ten)
25 Nov 2019, 14:17 PM

the mistake ur already making is comparing it with certain TD's like the jackson which many people believe is to be over performing, it would be better to look at those TD's first. TD's and the panther are already making meds irrelevant, any buffs will just make the gap further
25 Nov 2019, 14:20 PM

3 people already voted to not change Panthers, yet only one spoke.
#justalliedthings
25 Nov 2019, 14:28 PM

If the panther is getting an accuracy increase, when is the firefly? From experience the firefly misses a whole lot more than panther be it stationary or moving.

Something that does not need fixing doesn't need a buff.
25 Nov 2019, 14:55 PM

The base stats are fine, but all other TDs get an accuracy bonus with vet, panther doesnt.

Since vet 2 does not do that much atm (bit more armor and increased turret rotation) I think it should also give 20 or 30% more accuracy

This makes Panther a bit weird TD and unreliable even at vet3...
25 Nov 2019, 14:58 PM

If the panther is getting an accuracy increase, when is the firefly? From experience the firefly misses a whole lot more than panther be it stationary or moving.

Just a few comments above yours a person mentions about how Panther is the only TD without a accuracy buff at Vet3.
25 Nov 2019, 15:00 PM

3 people already voted to not change Panthers, yet only one spoke.
#justalliedthings

Those are the allies fan club members voting against anything remotely axis buff even if backed by logical reasoning...
25 Nov 2019, 15:03 PM

I’d rather give the Panther better moving accuracy with vet than stationary accuracy. It’s supposed to brawl and get dives to finish off enemy tanks, yet abhorrent accuracy and reload make that painful.

I think that promotes a cancer strat where in 4v4 matches, axis players just spam panthers and dive behind front lines and end the game...so stationary is far better and makes less cancer.
25 Nov 2019, 15:06 PM

That is simply biased observation, the stats tell a different story. Actually FF is one of the most accurate unit in game with a mid range of 45 higher than both elephant and JT.
25 Nov 2019, 15:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2019, 15:06 PMVipper

That is simply biased observation, the stats tell a different story. Actually FF is one of the most accurate unit in game with a mid range of 45 higher than both elephant and JT.

I play both axis and allies in 2v2 mostly, I have seen Jacksons missing a shot or two sometimes (while stationary) but never a FF, maybe so rare I dont remember.
25 Nov 2019, 15:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

This for the PV and smaller values at maybe vet 3 for Stug/JPIV.

Cut down pen increase through vet on TDs to match armor value increase at vet 2.

25 Nov 2019, 19:53 PM

Didn't vote because I don't agree with any of the options.

1. The Panther's Vet 0 stationary accuracy is actually pretty good, and in-line with (iirc) every other TD, if you look at the stats.

2. The Panther doesn't get accuracy vet bonuses like other TDs, which again, is fine. The problem is that OTHER TDs DO.

3. The main issue is actually moving accuracy. The panther has the speed to chase, but it has pretty terrible moving accuracy that doesn't get better with vet. This means that the speed it has it somewhat useless, unlike the M36, which has much better moving accuracy.

4. Stop power-creeping TDs, especially 'problem' TDs like the Panther and M36, which are already insanely 'meta', especially in team-games. The moving accuracy penalty is a multiplier for the base accuracy values, so any increases to base accuracy will increase moving accuracy by 50% of that buff, too (unless this buff would disable when moving). A more accurate panther means better ability to chase, which means Allies would need better AT solutions, which means mediums become even more pointless.

TL;DR - Let's keep the Panther the same, or even nerf it. Then let's nerf the M36, the Su85, maybe even the JP4 and FF. When all that's done, we can finally have some good medium tank gameplay. It would be nice to play a 4v4 and see only a few panthers/M36s, rather than both sides fielding a dozen of them, all while the Ostwind, Sherman, Flame-Hetzer, and every other interesting medium gets erased in one 'barrage' from the blob of TDs.
25 Nov 2019, 20:37 PM

1. The Panther's Vet 0 stationary accuracy is actually pretty good, and in-line with (iirc) every other TD, if you look at the stats.

2. The Panther doesn't get accuracy vet bonuses like other TDs, which again, is fine. The problem is that OTHER TDs DO.

3. The main issue is actually moving accuracy. The panther has the speed to chase, but it has pretty terrible moving accuracy that doesn't get better with vet. This means that the speed it has it somewhat useless, unlike the M36, which has much better moving accuracy.

4. Stop power-creeping TDs, especially 'problem' TDs like the Panther and M36, which are already insanely 'meta', especially in team-games. The moving accuracy penalty is a multiplier for the base accuracy values, so any increases to base accuracy will increase moving accuracy by 50% of that buff, too (unless this buff would disable when moving). A more accurate panther means better ability to chase, which means Allies would need better AT solutions, which means mediums become even more pointless.

TL;DR - Let's keep the Panther the same, or even nerf it. Then let's nerf the M36, the Su85, maybe even the JP4 and FF. When all that's done, we can finally have some good medium tank gameplay. It would be nice to play a 4v4 and see only a few panthers/M36s, rather than both sides fielding a dozen of them, all while the Ostwind, Sherman, Flame-Hetzer, and every other interesting medium gets erased in one 'barrage' from the blob of TDs.

I agree mostly. I only think all 300+ armour needs to be made doctrinaly then. This only concerns the kt. As it was the sole reason for the td buffs a while back.
25 Nov 2019, 20:51 PM

A very reasonable post :)
25 Nov 2019, 21:15 PM

I dont think theres any way to just "buff" stationary accuracy. You can make the moving acc multiplier worse, but then that means your nerfing the unit on the move. If you buff the main accuracy values, thats a buff to both stationary AND on-the move, which is what vet bonuses do if I have this correct

I am fine with buffing the main accuracy values with vet, should be at 2 or 3 imo
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 39
United States 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak