Login

russian armor

Spotting scope vs commander sight

13 Oct 2019, 23:59 PM

I think ukf have stock upgrade that says improve sight and another commander tank. Cant find on coh2db

Do they work the same as the recent Wehr spotting scope nerf?
14 Oct 2019, 05:43 AM

"Tank Commander"
+10 sight range.
+10% accuracy.

Name: "Spotting Scopes"
222 +40% sight range 1.5 sec after stationary.
All other vehicles: +100% sight range 1.5 sec stationary
14 Oct 2019, 06:39 AM

Thanks for replying.
So interesting, say a p5 sight is 35, the spotting scope makes it 70?

So a FF moving accuracy is 55, commander makes it 61?

I remember ukf have non doc tank commander upgrade right?

Sorry is awhile since i make ukf
14 Oct 2019, 06:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2019, 06:39 AMmrgame2
Thanks for replying.
So interesting, say a p5 sight is 35, the spotting scope makes it 70?

So a FF moving accuracy is 55, commander makes it 61?

I remember ukf have non doc tank commander upgrade right?

Sorry is awhile since i make ukf

And what is the problem with that ?
14 Oct 2019, 07:04 AM

I guess it changes the stock equation we forgot about. Non doctrine upgrade makes comet/cromwell more deadly with their speed. It makes FF more deadly as a TD.

While Wehr pintle upgrade does nothing as well as it should, shitty AI and AA for its cost. And we just got heavy spotting scope nerf. Sad mrgame to know more dirt
14 Oct 2019, 07:11 AM

Pintle make P4 and event panther have better AI than pre buff comet, enough for "does nothing"
14 Oct 2019, 08:14 AM

Spotting scope are probably overfed.

I would try adding 5-10 vision even when moving and having the sight bonus linger for 1-2 for at least the case mates TDs or have it work even when rotating.
14 Oct 2019, 08:34 AM

I guess the problem is elefant. I think reducing the sight bonus...but then su85 has this too. But yeah 1.5s delay is too nerfed, as i said, coh2 has changed to more apm action heavy over the years. 1.5s is a lot.

Back to ukf upgrade, i guess it does not have such penalty. I guess when we speak about ukf base tanks, we should now account for the commander upgrade. I recall it also grant faster xp.

I don't know such details but i also felt allies get stronger the later the game run. At least compared to Wehr which imo is weakest late game faction for many years

Tiny bonus adds up for allies.
14 Oct 2019, 08:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2019, 08:34 AMmrgame2
I guess the problem is elefant. I think reducing the sight bonus...but then su85 has this too. But yeah 1.5s delay is too nerfed, as i said, coh2 has changed to more apm action heavy over the years. 1.5s is a lot.

SU-85 works completely different.
It narrows its vision to a tiny cone and halves the speed.

Back to ukf upgrade, i guess it does not have such penalty. I guess when we speak about ukf base tanks, we should now account for the commander upgrade. I recall it also grant faster xp.

It doesn't have the same bonus either, it doesn't come in early game, it can't be put on any vehicle.
Almost as its completely separate ability that shares barely one similarity.

I don't know such details but i also felt allies get stronger the later the game run. At least compared to Wehr which imo is weakest late game faction for many years

We play the same game?
UKF and ost grow in power the longer the game goes, everyone else just keeps up, OKW as always up to debate.
14 Oct 2019, 15:10 PM

Ost does not grow stronger the longer the game.
In Coh1 yes.
In early Coh2 yes.
Not now.
Im sure others can attest the same.
14 Oct 2019, 23:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2019, 15:10 PMmrgame2
In Coh1 yes.
In early Coh2 yes.
Not now.

Yeah, that's Oberkommando West now.
15 Oct 2019, 07:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2019, 15:10 PMmrgame2
In Coh1 yes.
In early Coh2 yes.
Not now.

"Weakest lategame faction"

Without the churchill UKF would be the weakest lategame faction since tommies got a mega nerf

Sov T1 though frightening earlygame and extremely cheesy is quite weak in the lategame...

OKW may have vet 5 and a strong earlygame bullrush but OST gets better blob control and AT than OKW

USF and SOV T2 are the only factions that can overpower OST in the lategame... and the latter is made of swiss cheese without doctrines
15 Oct 2019, 12:18 PM

Gbem, the nerf is only for the early game, they are super strong late thanks to being cheaper and much better accuracy both vet 0 and 3 , with 1 lmg they are already better than before
15 Oct 2019, 20:11 PM

Like Vipper said, scopes are in a strange place right now, especially on "case-mate" TDs. Personally, I would like them to function more like the SU85's Focus Sight ability, so there's at least some trade-off, rather than the current mindless "just get it on everything that's AT or Recon focused".

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2019, 07:52 AMgbem
Without the churchill UKF would be the weakest lategame faction since tommies got a mega nerf

Tommies didn't get a mega nerf. All changes from the September patch + updates since:

Change #1 increases the accuracy at all ranges by 13% while change #2 decreases damage by 12.5%, these should roughly cancel out in terms of DPS, but it does decrease 'alpha' damage, so you get slightly less damage in the first volley.

Change #3 increases RA by 12.5%, but change #4 decreases it by 12.35% in cover, meaning the in-cover damage taken is the same - it's only an out-of-cover nerf.

Change #5 is just a buff, making the squad take 12.5% less damage all the time, rather than just when in cover, since a cover-only bonuses for an aggressive squad didn't make much sense.

Change #6 is a slight nerf, but nothing massive.

Change #7 is a buff

Change #8 works out to a ~5% DPS buff at all ranges

So basically, tommies got a 12.5% "alpha strike" nerf, take 12.5% more damage when out of cover, but do 5% more damage at vet 3, and cost 4% less per squad. A nerf? Yes. A "mega nerf"? Not really.
16 Oct 2019, 04:43 AM

Like Vipper said, scopes are in a strange place right now, especially on "case-mate" TDs. Personally, I would like them to function more like the SU85's Focus Sight ability, so there's at least some trade-off, rather than the current mindless "just get it on everything that's AT or Recon focused".

Tommies didn't get a mega nerf. All changes from the September patch + updates since:

Change #1 increases the accuracy at all ranges by 13% while change #2 decreases damage by 12.5%, these should roughly cancel out in terms of DPS, but it does decrease 'alpha' damage, so you get slightly less damage in the first volley.

Change #3 increases RA by 12.5%, but change #4 decreases it by 12.35% in cover, meaning the in-cover damage taken is the same - it's only an out-of-cover nerf.

Change #5 is just a buff, making the squad take 12.5% less damage all the time, rather than just when in cover, since a cover-only bonuses for an aggressive squad didn't make much sense.

Change #6 is a slight nerf, but nothing massive.

Change #7 is a buff

Change #8 works out to a ~5% DPS buff at all ranges

So basically, tommies got a 12.5% "alpha strike" nerf, take 12.5% more damage when out of cover, but do 5% more damage at vet 3, and cost 4% less per squad. A nerf? Yes. A "mega nerf"? Not really.

While I agree that the nerfs don't really constitute a mega nerf IMO, Change 5 is NOT a buff, it merely offsets the regular RA nerf for assault sections, and not even completely.
16 Oct 2019, 05:55 AM

Spotting scopes are a totally different ability to UKF tank commander

If you are going to compare UKF commander to anything take a look at OKW elite armor commander.(which is also a LOT better than its allied equivalent, but that's OK as it fits the doctrine)

Spotting scopes are something you put on 222 or elefant for crazy view range due to great base and vet LoS stats. Scopes are not something you put on medium tanks like tank commanders.

Basically you're using it wrong.

16 Oct 2019, 07:39 AM

Different yes. I think the 222 get sight bonus on vet2? So spotting scope + vet is needed. I think same with elefant

No doubt ss is... was.. pretty good to choose the doctrine. But yes also, the nerf seems too heavy and outta the blue.

Tank commander is not as far seeing as spotting scope no doubt since its non doc. But it changes the equation when we talk about how poor/good ukf tanks are. I think compared to pintle, ukf gets the clearly better upgrade and again points to better allies late game suspicion and ingame i encountered
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★