Login

russian armor

Easy USF fix

1 Oct 2019, 09:42 AM

I'd be happy for them to change it so that the Officers came with the side-tech of each tier instead and just made the tiers research a bit faster.

I'm not fussed about the officers, I want something which can suppress asap not another infantry squad to blob into my enemies.

No idea how badly this would mess up the balance though.
1 Oct 2019, 11:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2019, 09:42 AMGrim
I'd be happy for them to change it so that the Officers came with the side-tech of each tier instead and just made the tiers research a bit faster.

I'm not fussed about the officers, I want something which can suppress asap not another infantry squad to blob into my enemies.

No idea how badly this would mess up the balance though.

Removing officers is too much. There are other ways to reduce their early impact if that is too much, such as 4 men until Major arrives, higher cost, higher build time etc.
1 Oct 2019, 18:58 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I'd like to see officers completely reworked. Right now they function exactly the same as normal rifleman squads, with different niche abilities and 1 thompson. They play exactly the same.

I would love them to be reworked to be optional units with more diverse roles.

- Make the Lt 4 man, 1 Thompson and 3 greaseguns. 300 mp, not free with tech. Functions as a stock assault close range unit, different from rifles.

- Make the Cpt 6 man, 1 thompson and 5 bolt action rifles. 300 mp, functions as a strong long range defensive unit to soak up damage and recrew weapons.

Just spitballing some ideas here. Officers as 5 man squads just feel way too similar to riflemen. Having 3 riflemen, a Lt, and a Cpt on the field plays exactly the same as having 5 riflemen. Needs some more variety.
1 Oct 2019, 19:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2019, 06:48 AMEsxile
What I don't really understand about those USF OP topics is that USF only received the close range dps buff for the riflemen and several nerf on its mid/late game indirect fire this last patch. I could understand such topic if USF players were abusing the shit out this riflemen buff by spaming them but no, the concern is about building the minimum of them early game.

I believe it has more to do with nerfs to USF opposition, than changes directly to USF. I could be wrong though, cause I also thought the same thing you're saying here
1 Oct 2019, 19:29 PM

I Agree with Tobis point of view about officers, IMO Lt should be the only one that participates as another RM with support offensive abilities, i would even include the Cpt skill that calls a squad even when its pinned down.

Cpt should be 6 man with RET and repair abilities, supervise production and maybe a timed movespeed buff aura.
1 Oct 2019, 19:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2019, 18:58 PMTobis
Make the Cpt 6 man, 1 thompson and 5 bolt action rifles. 300 mp, functions as a strong long range defensive unit to soak up damage and recrew weapons.

USF doesn't even have bolt-action rifles.
1 Oct 2019, 22:06 PM

The closest thing USF has to Bolt Actions in damage and long range profile are the Scoped Garands that Pathies have.
1 Oct 2019, 23:29 PM

The closest thing USF has to Bolt Actions in damage and long range profile are the Scoped Garands that Pathies have.

Oh that's an idea! One of the Officer Squads come with Scoped Rifles and an Assassinate ability. It'll be the Marksmen that USF never had, and historically authentic (around 1/3 of rifle squads had a marksman).

Maybe the other squad could have an M1919, and the ability to become a stationary in one direction, as a makeshift machine gun team. I kinda want this just because M1919's are cool, to be honest.
2 Oct 2019, 00:22 AM

Oh that's an idea! One of the Officer Squads come with Scoped Rifles and an Assassinate ability. It'll be the Marksmen that USF never had, and historically authentic (around 1/3 of rifle squads had a marksman).

Maybe the other squad could have an M1919, and the ability to become a stationary in one direction, as a makeshift machine gun team. I kinda want this just because M1919's are cool, to be honest.

They are pretty strong and use slots, so they gotta be handled with care, very good vs units out in the open and very bad up close. Unlike most USF weapons.

I like the idea of having the LT be a Grease Gun/Thompson Squad!
They could also use some more interesting skills, if people want to move away from pure damage and numbers, that USF has right now.
2 Oct 2019, 03:14 AM

USF is already fixed. All it needs are 9 pop Rangers and and a 260 MP and 6 pop .50 cal.

Cancer-42 will stay and OKW elite infantry cancer blobs will stay too so you'll still get your Axis ez mode.
2 Oct 2019, 06:49 AM

I believe it has more to do with nerfs to USF opposition, than changes directly to USF. I could be wrong though, cause I also thought the same thing you're saying here

Don't remember reading Ostheer early game being nerfed in the patchnote.
2 Oct 2019, 08:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2019, 03:14 AMCODGUY
USF is already fixed. All it needs are 9 pop Rangers and and a 260 MP and 6 pop .50 cal.

Cancer-42 will stay and OKW elite infantry cancer blobs will stay too so you'll still get your Axis ez mode.
so u want more USF buffs ?
2 Oct 2019, 11:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Oct 2019, 18:58 PMTobis
I'd like to see officers completely reworked. Right now they function exactly the same as normal rifleman squads, with different niche abilities and 1 thompson. They play exactly the same.

I would love them to be reworked to be optional units with more diverse roles.

- Make the Lt 4 man, 1 Thompson and 3 greaseguns. 300 mp, not free with tech. Functions as a stock assault close range unit, different from rifles.

- Make the Cpt 6 man, 1 thompson and 5 bolt action rifles. 300 mp, functions as a strong long range defensive unit to soak up damage and recrew weapons.

Just spitballing some ideas here. Officers as 5 man squads just feel way too similar to riflemen. Having 3 riflemen, a Lt, and a Cpt on the field plays exactly the same as having 5 riflemen. Needs some more variety.

Making them not free's been ruled out by Relic, but I quite like the idea of diversing them like this.
2 Oct 2019, 16:26 PM

The M20, Stuart meta is ridiculous and needs a change ASAP. I don't know why Riflemen were buffed in the first place, since it was universally agreed they were fine (outside of people who don't know how to play USF or are obvious trolls, or both).

But all of that put together is simply way too much. Sure, if you play modes like 3v3 or 4v4 it's probably not very apparent, but in 2v2s and 1v1s they snowball entirely too hard, too quickly.

2 Oct 2019, 16:37 PM

The M20, Stuart meta is ridiculous and needs a change ASAP. I don't know why Riflemen were buffed in the first place, since it was universally agreed they were fine (outside of people who don't know how to play USF or are obvious trolls, or both).

But all of that put together is simply way too much. Sure, if you play modes like 3v3 or 4v4 it's probably not very apparent, but in 2v2s and 1v1s they snowball entirely too hard, too quickly.

The new revisited DevM LV meta might be really strong but Riflemen weren't fine back in the day.
Or did you miss the Era people skipped on them for AEs and Pathfinders as they were actually worth your MP?
2 Oct 2019, 16:43 PM

The new revisited DevM LV meta might be really strong but Riflemen weren't fine back in the day.
Or did you miss the Era people skipped on them for AEs and Pathfinders as they were actually worth your MP?

They were weak because people compared them to Volks who were over performing. Instead of nerfing (which they did finally) those though, they committed the classic thing of overbuffing Allied units to match OKW without considering what it does to the matchup against Wehrmacht.

You can do one of two things. You can buff something to match another thing, or you can tone down one thing to bring it down to another. They did both at the same time, buffing Rifles and nerfing Volks, and that's why Americans are out of control in this patch.
2 Oct 2019, 17:49 PM

It'd be a huge help to the USF-OST matchup if the M20 lost its bazooka. USF has plenty of AT tools in Lieutenant now: the M20 killing its own counter (the 222) is a bit much.
2 Oct 2019, 21:11 PM

Or finally make 222 immune to small arms fire to start with
2 Oct 2019, 21:23 PM

I like the idea of having the LT be a Grease Gun/Thompson Squad!

Unfortunately I have to disagree here. Between Assault Engineers, Cavalry Riflemen, Airborne, and Rangers, the US Forces have more variety in assault units than any other faction*, far from needing a fifth assault squad that is always available.

* Tied with OKW, who have Sturmpioneers, Assault Volksgrenadiers, IR Obersoldaten, and Fallschrimjager.
2 Oct 2019, 21:52 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Unfortunately I have to disagree here. Between Assault Engineers, Cavalry Riflemen, Airborne, and Rangers, the US Forces have more variety in assault units than any other faction*, far from needing a fifth assault squad that is always available.

* Tied with OKW, who have Sturmpioneers, Assault Volksgrenadiers, IR Obersoldaten, and Fallschrimjager.

So... Doctrinal call-in, doctrinal call-in, doctrinal call-in, and... doctrinal call-in.

I'm of the opinion that basic gameplay elements should be included in all factions without needing a doctrine. Same reason Soviets got a stock "elite" unit, penals, despite having a bunch of elite call-ins.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★