Login

russian armor

Riflemen need a buff or Volks need a nerf?

PAGES (13)down
9 Aug 2019, 11:10 AM

They do not, because
1) tournaments are an incredibly low sample size;
2) tournaments are played on specific maps that generally do not favor USF's key strength of mobility;
3) tournaments are played on the most efficient meta, but that only means that a Soviet/Brit combo was more efficient (mostly because Brits are the strongest faction atm and the Soviets have stock rocket artillery), and not that the USF as a faction are bad.

This suggests that the ufs are big problems, because they are effective only on certain maps, and completely useless on others. Therefore, top players did not choose usf in the tournament. And those who chose paid a lot, like VonIvan. By the way, he played on an open and wide map. There is a problem, and it must be fixed with a patch.

We get the largest patches after analyzing the tournaments, so stop lying and doing random auto-selection with noobs is better than tournament statistics.
9 Aug 2019, 11:13 AM

they are not ineffective, there are just better choices, every faction have maps where they shine
9 Aug 2019, 11:17 AM

they are not ineffective, there are just better choices, every faction have maps where they shine

Tell it to him. He's probably a noob. This is the result of the battle on a wide and open map, from the tournament of masters cup.

9 Aug 2019, 11:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2019, 11:06 AMRiley
Also, the automatch stats that were posted are dissected into player levels, so they also show just the win ratios of the best players - Lie

auto-selection can connect players of completely different levels and rank. Sometimes the difference is very big.

Uhm yes, but all factions share that phenomenon, and yet USF have one of the highest automatch win ratios for the highest level players out of all of them across all modes. Or do you think USF randomly gets more stomp matches than other factions for no reason?

This suggests that the ufs are big problems, because they are effective only on certain maps, and completely useless on others.

No it does not, it suggests only that USF is less effective than the other two factions only on certain maps (or to be precise, on the most common tournament maps), which does not suggest that they are bad, but only that the others are more efficient in those environments.

We get the largest patches after analyzing the tournaments, so stop lying and doing random auto-selection with noobs is better than tournament statistics.

Actually, I am on the community balance team, and I can tell you tournament stats are generally not leading (only suggestive at best) when making balance decisions. The only reason tournament stats were used was because they were the only stats (evidence) available to back up balance sentiments, but now we have the automatch stats that (even if kind of outdated already) are much more representative in my opinion.

im pretty sure i can pick a photo of a pro player losing with okw too

Why not both?!
9 Aug 2019, 11:33 AM

Reminded me an encounter of 2 rifles vs 1 spio and 1 volk @ ~max distance, both in green covers (just indicators, yeah). OKW won that battle somehow. Probably I'm a noob. Should've get ambu faster :guyokay:
9 Aug 2019, 11:36 AM

“Germans are making a push” :D
9 Aug 2019, 11:38 AM

im pretty sure i can pick a photo of a pro player losing with okw too

With worse K/D ratio then soviets?
I don't think it'll be possible to find one.
Not saying there is anything wrong with rifles.
9 Aug 2019, 14:31 PM

volks dont need nerf, they are fine

Rather, fix the vet bug in volk (no vet 5 effect)

tommies and buffed cons and shocks...etc are too powerful now

It is true that volk firepower is defeated by UKF or soviet infantry in the late game

suggestion : fix vet 5 bug and add effect

It would be nice to give volk a third mp44 in vet 5

rifleman

just decrease rifleman cost 280/28 -> 270/27 and fix vet bonus

suggestion : unlock AT rifle grenade when tier unlocked

vet 1 : unlock at rifle grenade
-> accuracy +10%

vet 2 : received accuracy -23%, cooldown -20%
-> fine

vet 3 : received accuracy -15%, accuracy +30% -> +20%, skill cooldown -50%, grenade range +50%, garand dmg 8-> 9 or 10

9 Aug 2019, 15:14 PM

I tell u what is needed, that u stop making troll thread ,don’t ignore stats and stop spreading misinformation or u are gonna get banned

Why do you act personally offended everytime I feel like pointing out the major strengths I see in the Axis factions and the major weaknesses I see in the Allied factions? It's obvious by your name and profile pic you like Axis. That's fine, nothing wrong with that but you take it as a personal insult and act like I should be banned just for stating an opinion.

I don't quote states because I don't friggen know the stats since they've been constantly changing since the game's release 6 years ago so I'm just going by what I see when I play and occasionally going by streams from pros like VonIvan and Helpinghans. I remember one time VonIvan specifically said he thought US infantry were pretty terrible but it might have just been momentary frustration...I did ask him once in one of his streams if he though Riflmen were any good he responded that they were good "if you can flank with them."
9 Aug 2019, 15:24 PM

Holy shit. I actually agree with a cod guy post....

I'm inclined to agree that volks are too effecient. They trade incredibly well with infantry 30mp more than them but also absolutely dumpster infantry 10mp lower than them, and if being competitive against rifles and tommies is expected to be a thing then invalidating conscripts shouldn't given the price points.

Also the rifle comparison says that rifles have the edge at vet 0, but at vet 1volks become more durable with a 10% target size reduction meaning the cheaper squad gains the upper hand if the bunker down (can that be said about conscripts vs volks? Negative)

I realize that volks were given stgs to fight BARs and I think all are connected so toning down volks would require reducing the power leap from weapon racks to maintain a semi fair playing field so I would propose that rifles would lose 1 weapon slot, until vet 2or 3 to ensure that weaponracks are not a massive power bomb that makes a weaker volks squad crumble away entirely.
9 Aug 2019, 15:42 PM

then the problem is not volks but the stg, give mp 40 adjust vet, put stg in the fire doc
9 Aug 2019, 16:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I've played more USF recently to find out how riflemen trade, since I also thought they were a very decent unit. Feelings are a little bit more mixed now.
Initially, they trade alright in early game. You pay more, but get more damage close range and the balance seems fine.
Problem comes when Volks upgrade to StGs, because they get incredibly efficient vs Riflemen. Maybe it's also a combo of StG upgrade and the vet bonus difference at the early/mid game, hard to tell apart.
But to trade efficiently, you basically MUST side tech weapon racks which nullifies the fuel advantage in starting resources you have over OKW. Also I'm not sure if one BAR is enough then, I get the feeleing that StG Volks and one BAR Rifles are somewhat ewual, maybe still an advantage for Volks. Still, for 15 mun more you trade at least model for model, so way betfer MP trade and MP concentration.

This comes on top of the stronger Sturmpio start for OKW which OKW can use to even out their resource disadvantage, combined with good map presence of the cheaper Volks.

Then basically your sherman comes out at the same time OKW has a P4, meaning that you're better off buying the Jackson right away since your AT gun does not help much vs OKW P4 and you don't have mines.

So to play against OKW you're not allowed to make many mistakes, ozherwise you'll not make it into late game where USF gets some very good stuff.
9 Aug 2019, 16:23 PM

then the problem is not volks but the stg, give mp 40 adjust vet, put stg in the fire doc

I don't get how you can spend this entire thread arguing with people when you agree that the StG needs to go. That is a nerf to volks and you spend the entire time criticizing OP

He usually deserves the criticism, but take a break every once in a while
9 Aug 2019, 17:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Aug 2019, 09:45 AMRiley
The problem is high cost.
280mp and one model 28. This drains your mp when you fend off volk for 250/25 mp.

Also, additional costs are needed to access the grenades and the bar. Sand bags in the doctrine. And every new rifleman does not have a faust. He needs vet1.

However, the volks also have sand bags, flame grenades. And access to the STG and Faust opens when T2 is built.

also the fact that okw have tons of mp so they can swarm your rifle really early plus the starting unit differential RE are real crap compare to Sturm that can easly take out your rifle and RE and also the fact that tier0 for usf could be rifle only it would be the same thing sure mortar at tier 0 is good but people would rather have a mg first like all the other faction
9 Aug 2019, 17:33 PM

statistic says they are very good in both 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 + https://www.coh2.org/news/92866/automatch-stats-factions-teams-and-maps

and again are u gonna ignore stats and counter argument about rifle ? like CODGUY ?

The stats are until March, that is 4 months ago before the patch.

Anyway, volks cannot be nerfed without tommies being nerfed too. Riflemen could become 10mp cheaper or at least have grenades unlocked after the first officer.

9 Aug 2019, 18:01 PM

Anyway, volks cannot be nerfed without tommies being nerfed too. Riflemen could become 10mp cheaper or at least have grenades unlocked after the first officer.

And rifles can't be buffed without also buffing grens, which in turn means buffing cons.

Really, every mainline infantry unit needs a balance pass (at the same time) - there's just too many knock-on problems when adjusting them one at a time. Also, it would enable toning down the insane power creep that's happened over the years, at least with mainline infantry.

9 Aug 2019, 18:03 PM

I think its about time we lower the price for Riflemen from 280. That price is ridiculous!
9 Aug 2019, 18:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

And rifles can't be buffed without also buffing grens, which in turn means buffing cons.

Really, every mainline infantry unit needs a balance pass (at the same time) - there's just too many knock-on problems when adjusting them one at a time. Also, it would enable toning down the insane power creep that's happened over the years, at least with mainline infantry.

You rarely see the matchup anymore, but I thought Cons vs Grenadiere is still fine. Although debated Penals are also alright. Also Grenadiere vs Riflemen is not THAT far off. it's just Volks and IS that are overperforming
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS