Login

russian armor

MG34 idea

4 Aug 2019, 04:54 AM

Honestly I would be fine with slight changes to Volks such as removing their access to sandbags(same with Tommies) and maybe requiring a truck to be built in order to throw incendiary grenades but in change allowing them to build the MG-34 right away. It's not necessarily a bad machinegun but it just doesn't really work when going for Volks spam is more efficient overall.
4 Aug 2019, 07:31 AM

Honestly I would be fine with slight changes to Volks such as removing their access to sandbags(same with Tommies) and maybe requiring a truck to be built in order to throw incendiary grenades but in change allowing them to build the MG-34 right away. It's not necessarily a bad machinegun but it just doesn't really work when going for Volks spam is more efficient overall.

Yes because Sturm as a starting unit able to harass cutoff a minute one is not enough, having it followed by a Hmg is what the game needs.:banana:
4 Aug 2019, 08:40 AM

ohh god sturm + MG-34 would be living hell...
4 Aug 2019, 08:56 AM

MG-34 is just fine. If you were to implement any buff maybe a small 5-10 MP reduction is about all I can think of.

The maxim is bad but I don't think it's so bad that you wouldnt grab it if you have a free squad. At the minimum you can park it in a building and let it die so you deny a VP for a few mins in exchange for 75 mp, and at best you can use it as a standard mg with somewhat gimped stats.
4 Aug 2019, 09:02 AM

MG-34 is just fine. If you were to implement any buff maybe a small 5-10 MP reduction is about all I can think of.

The maxim is bad but I don't think it's so bad that you wouldnt grab it if you have a free squad. At the minimum you can park it in a building and let it die so you deny a VP for a few mins in exchange for 75 mp, and at best you can use it as a standard mg with somewhat gimped stats.

it is that bad... when i see a leftover maxim as WM or OKW I would simply ignore or salvage it since getting it even for 75mp would be the equivalent to wasting MP and increasing MP drain (since an MG takes pop)
4 Aug 2019, 09:33 AM

The only problem with the MG34 I have is that it arrives at a time when I don't really want any MG. You already have your coutner blob as OKW since that's the only option you have as OKW and you are usually getting out your first vehcile by the time you can buy an MG34.
4 Aug 2019, 17:24 PM

If Volks weren't so cost efficient, you'd see a lot more of the MG34.
4 Aug 2019, 17:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2019, 08:40 AMgbem
ohh god sturm + MG-34 would be living hell...

remember when kubel was their mg and supressed anything? soviet pepperidgefarm remember
4 Aug 2019, 20:11 PM

Meh, manpower bleed is a thing, if I have to reinforce 3 models to recrew a maxim and hold that in pop cap when I could be using a squad that has bullets instead of blanks (and judging by the lack of Supression the enemy knows its blanks too) I'd rather melt it down as the okw or just destroy it as ost knowing full well that they paid as much for it as I did my mg42 but they have no hope of recovering the weapon
4 Aug 2019, 21:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2019, 07:31 AMEsxile

Yes because Sturm as a starting unit able to harass cutoff a minute one is not enough, having it followed by a Hmg is what the game needs.:banana:

I mean to be honest I would rather play against an MG-34 than against multiple Volks squads. At least you can flank the MG-34 whereas you can't flank the 4 Volks behind sandbags on your cutoff point. Like I said Volks probably deserve some slight nerfs along with Tommies at the moment.
5 Aug 2019, 05:56 AM

I mean to be honest I would rather play against an MG-34 than against multiple Volks squads. At least you can flank the MG-34 whereas you can't flank the 4 Volks behind sandbags on your cutoff point. Like I said Volks probably deserve some slight nerfs along with Tommies at the moment.

I too would rather play against 240mp worth of units than 1000mp worth of units. I'd rather go against one ranger than 5 REs but that doesn't mean rangers should be starting unit for USF because they're weaker lmao.
5 Aug 2019, 06:16 AM

I too would rather play against 240mp worth of units than 1000mp worth of units. I'd rather go against one ranger than 5 REs but that doesn't mean rangers should be starting unit for USF because they're weaker lmao.

Don't twist my words, you understood I was comparing a 1 Sturm 4 Volks build to a build that has 1 less Volks squad but an MG-34 instead. I feel like playing against Volks spam how it is currently with them having sandbags and incendiary grenades right away would be more difficult than dealing with 3 squads and an MG-34. Typically Volks are cost-effective which is why a horde of them is so strong. This is more of a way to buff the MG-34 to make it more comparable to the better MG's in the game. Obviously the Maxim needs something as well and the Vickers is in a weird place. Ideally, I would like suppression to be more readily available to prevent some of the undesirable blob to the opponents cut-off gameplay that is difficult to deal with.
5 Aug 2019, 06:31 AM

The mg 34 just need either a bit of a price reduction like 10 mp less or a bit of rate of fire buff like 10% max
14 Aug 2019, 14:02 PM

The mg 34 just need either a bit of a price reduction like 10 mp less or a bit of rate of fire buff like 10% max

can we buff the maxim first before making OKW more ridiculous than it already is?
14 Aug 2019, 16:32 PM

A 10% ROF buff is larger than you think. It would increase damage and Supression, and also improve the super bullets as well. It's a fairly substantial buff as far as mgs go just because of how they operate.
14 Aug 2019, 17:02 PM

Permanently Banned
If you want to have better mgs, there's the other axis faction..... op volks AND great mgs, sorry please pick one.
14 Aug 2019, 17:04 PM

Permanently Banned

Bruh if u struggle with 10mp as OKW with uber cost efficient volks....... I don't know what to tell u.
14 Aug 2019, 17:46 PM

mg34>mg42.

Tbh i think the tier list as far as hmgs goes is... 50cal>Dshka>Mg34>mg42=maxim

Mg42 is extremely buggy and has retarded rotation times.
Maxim is ok but only because the suppressive fire ability.

50cal has best stats all around, amazing unpack time and great suppression.

Mg34 is probably fine as i think, maybe lower its vet requirements slightly but thats it.
14 Aug 2019, 18:06 PM

mg34>mg42.

Tbh i think the tier list as far as hmgs goes is... 50cal>Dshka>Mg34>mg42=maxim

Agreed about the MG34 being better than the MG42 (aside from timing), it has better and faster veterancy, it reacts faster, it suppresses just as quick and costs less. It does less damage, but is arguably supported by more reliable infantry. I'd still pick the MG42 over the Vickers or Maxim though.

As for the DSHK, I'd only call it better than the MG34/42 if you get it from the Airborne Doctrine. The relatively low manpower cost and the ability to recrew with better models make it a huge threat to deal with. If you recrew it with Engineers, it costs 251 manpower total and models will have 1 RA instead of 1,25 RA. At its normal 300mp price, it's only good versus Ostheer IMO.
14 Aug 2019, 18:56 PM

Unless they're in yellow cover lul.

Maybe it's just RNGesus or confirmation bias but it seems to have a really tough time suppressing squads in yellow sometimes.

Yeah that .50 is way overpriced. Comes out the latest, small cone, suppression is too random. Easily charged by volks or naded by grens.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS