Login

russian armor

MG34 idea

31 Jul 2019, 13:47 PM

Maxim spam start is a available and working strategie...especially if you play team games on lane maps vs OKW. MG34 spam was never seen.

Give OKW Maxims and give SU mg-34 (called it SG-43, Gorjunov stankoviy 1943). OKW will get 6-man mg with weak suppresion,deathloop and narrow arc of fire. Soviets finally will get proper 4 man mg with wundersoviet teleport, AP rounds, suppresion and wide arc of fire. I want to see how OKW mg will burn in lake of fire from molotovs in eternal loop of suffering and death!
Please make this alive!
31 Jul 2019, 13:49 PM

Maxim spam start is a available and working strategie...especially if you play team games on lane maps vs OKW. MG34 spam was never seen.

Because volkspam is way better option. Unlike con and maxim spam.

31 Jul 2019, 14:30 PM

Update your game, you're somewhere mid 2018 with your version.
31 Jul 2019, 14:50 PM

MG34 is the worst MG in game ... and its bad for its costs.

Then OKW can have the Maxim.
31 Jul 2019, 16:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2019, 11:24 AMKatitof

Actually, its always predictable and the same.

Allies OP or axis UP or both with core problem to his success with a faction and better then 4 digit rank is located directly between his chair and keyboard.

But you never know.
Does the MG42 have too less supression? Does the T34/76 have too much armor and pen? The Jagdtiger too little and the Elefant not enough range? Maybe Volks are cost inefficient and the Luchs can't really fight an AEC?
31 Jul 2019, 17:58 PM

I would prefer to remove HMG 34 rather than making it a raketen brother
31 Jul 2019, 18:13 PM

Yeah because you can just spam Volks instead. Are you saying youd like to trade mg34 for maxim?
1 Aug 2019, 03:02 AM

mg34 now has a serious bug that vet bonus does not apply

The mod team should immediately check and fix this bug
1 Aug 2019, 03:21 AM

Maxim spam will always be a thing if the player goes t2 because cons CANNOT hold their own against their similarly priced counter parts. It can be (and IS) a trash tier MG but if you don't want to use penals it is your only option and it's so trash that if you don't not move multiple together they will get over run frontally. It's a self realizing prophecy:
The maxim is spammed so let's make it trash, now the maxim has to be spammed. Repeat into worthless piece of junk that is worth more melted down as okw than captured.
1 Aug 2019, 12:32 PM

a good idea would be to rebuff the maxim and move the cons vet upgrade to T3... that would give the soviets good mainline infantry much earlier...
2 Aug 2019, 10:36 AM

Hello,

MG34 is the worst MG in game ... and its bad for its costs.
One thing would increase the usage of it:

give it a nondoc camouflage (like some Ost commanders have) upgrade. (same cost like ost with commander) // or maybe from vet1/2

So it would have a tricky thing which make it more usefully and we would see it more.

The fact that I always see decrewed maxims scattered all over the battlefield and nobody really cares to pick them up, while a decrewed axis HMG will send players into a feeding frenzy to get their dirty hands on that sweet weapon, tells me that "MG34 is the worst MG in game" is not really a truthful statement.

The MG34 performs well enough in my view. It has a wide arc of fire, cheap price and suppress quite fast. If it needs a buff it would be something like add +1 man and an extra 40 mp to the price. Then it has a little better durability and staying power.
2 Aug 2019, 10:50 AM

The MG34 is fine, I didn't see any noticable difference with how fast it suppresses compared to an MG42 while testing in Cheatcommands. The only thing it's truly worse at is damage and penetration, but that's not the main purpose of an hmg anyway.

mg34 now has a serious bug that vet bonus does not apply

Could you elaborate? I've tested all veterancy levels and they seem to work correctly.
2 Aug 2019, 14:47 PM

The fact that I always see decrewed maxims scattered all over the battlefield and nobody really cares to pick them up, while a decrewed axis HMG will send players into a feeding frenzy to get their dirty hands on that sweet weapon, tells me that "MG34 is the worst MG in game" is not really a truthful statement.

The MG34 performs well enough in my view. It has a wide arc of fire, cheap price and suppress quite fast. If it needs a buff it would be something like add +1 man and an extra 40 mp to the price. Then it has a little better durability and staying power.

I always grab (if pop limit will allow it) every mg42, 34, pak, or turbo mortar. ITS HILARIOUS how good mg34 is at suppressing multiple volks, that no allied mg can seem to do bar a vet vickers in a house. Watching okw suffer because they cant blob because i stole their mg, priceless.
2 Aug 2019, 15:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2019, 14:47 PMRocket

I always grab (if pop limit will allow it) every mg42, 34, pak, or turbo mortar. ITS HILARIOUS how good mg34 is at suppressing multiple volks, that no allied mg can seem to do bar a vet vickers in a house. Watching okw suffer because they cant blob because i stole their mg, priceless.

To be fair blobbing as OKW is their faction design. Just kidding axis fan boys.

but yeah its fun to see allies sacrificing troops to get a decrewed axis HMG. 42 more than 34 ofc but 34 is still very good. As sov ill take the 34 over the maxim even if I had to pay 100 mp more.
2 Aug 2019, 15:13 PM

MG34 could use a buff for its turning rate. supression is fine
2 Aug 2019, 15:18 PM

MG34 could use a buff for its turning rate. supression is fine

is it slower than other HMGs? Like slower than the MH42?
2 Aug 2019, 18:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2019, 14:47 PMRocket
ITS HILARIOUS how good mg34 is at suppressing multiple volks, that no allied mg can seem to do bar a vet vickers in a house. Watching okw suffer because they cant blob because i stole their mg, priceless.

Ever tried.. a 50 cal? It has the fastest time to suppress both singular squads and blobs.
3 Aug 2019, 04:33 AM

Ever tried.. a 50 cal? It has the fastest time to suppress both singular squads and blobs.

Unless they're in yellow cover lul.

Maybe it's just RNGesus or confirmation bias but it seems to have a really tough time suppressing squads in yellow sometimes.
3 Aug 2019, 18:15 PM

Wasnt suppresion nerfed on 50 when usf trch was redone? 50 is okay but better used almost as a maxim following around riflemen its def not a set it and forget mg like 42 34 or vicks in a house
4 Aug 2019, 00:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2019, 09:12 AMMaret

Don't forget about powerfull AP rounds to stop enemy LV and shred infantry to pieces.

meanwhile maxim have death loop and no supres power i guess those are pros for maxim
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 31
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment