Login

russian armor

USF Base Reorganization mod

18 Jul 2019, 12:46 PM

I can block vehicles to drive inside, but what about infantry that spawns inside the base?

None of his posts are serious, look at his post history. Better not waste your time with his suggestions.
18 Jul 2019, 12:49 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

None of his posts are serious, look at his post history. Better not waste your time with his suggestions.

My bad :oops:

But seriously, I am not sure if vehicles should be able to drive inside.
18 Jul 2019, 12:52 PM

I think it's fine, but there should be enough gaps so infantry won't be trapped if they want to escape from a chasing vehicle.

At the very least an ambulance should be able to fit inside, otherwise it would be even more vulnerable without the additional MG bunkers.
18 Jul 2019, 12:57 PM

Honnestly, its fine as is. Sov and Ost and OKW can nake tank trao buildings fine, UKF are densely packed and start off that way. The difference of a retreat flag being the centre rather than the outside is trivial.

OKW having light vehicle deflecting base defences that creep into team games is a vastly more meaningful defence against most vehicle rushes and that's still in game with no changes.

Just let it be. Some maps and paths will have squads end up at the outside edge anyway.
18 Jul 2019, 12:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2019, 12:55 PMddd

Be sure to leave backdoor route so puma/p4 can drive in and snipe ambulance, thats a big part of usf faction identity.

Ever had a Penal in an M3 drive into your base and throw a satchel on your med bunker? It's just as tilting.

I agree the Ambulance should get like a 50% damage reduction when in the base sector, I'll add it to my 2019 wishlist for you.
18 Jul 2019, 13:29 PM

Imo all base should allow to set retreat point for infantry.
18 Jul 2019, 18:10 PM

On top of that, USF base occasionally bugs and a SHERMAN TANK
or worse, a Pershing tank, spawns right inside the USF base, and can't
get out.

I think MR. Somebody's base design is 10000% better and I DEMAND
it be implemented now.

I think he also redesigned the british base.

But I don't see ANY reason it isn't like this.
So much cleaner. I-love-it-to-death.

I can't find a proposition about a redesign of the British base, are you sure someone has made one?

@SneakEye I think you're better off allowing tanks to go through the base. On some (custom) maps the base is spawned too close to the map border and units such as tanks can spawn smack dab in the center, unable to move. I think it's even still a problem on that 4v4 German industrial map whose name I forgot unless I'm mistaken.
18 Jul 2019, 19:04 PM

I'd support adding this to the game, it's just objectively better designed.

I would put some vehicle blockers at each entrance (crates, TTs, etc.) for visuals, and then just block vehicles entirely from the base area. It's far easier for pathing (no bizarre issues where a vehicle tries to path THROUGH the base), and also prevents gimmicky play like putting the ambulance inside the base, or exploiting crush mechanics. That's pretty much the only change I can think of, and it's pretty minor.
19 Jul 2019, 15:15 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Update, minor tweaks:
- Added retreat points at the edge of the base.
- Slightly moved the Platoon Command Post to avoid units getting stuck.

Edit: And the floorboards of the Battalion Command Post are now passable!
19 Jul 2019, 17:35 PM

Yeah. That’s just plain great work you’ve done there. Bravo.

Is there any way we can get this put into the live game in a future patch? It seems to be universally seen as an improvement.
19 Jul 2019, 23:26 PM

I absolutly love it. Much tidier.
I do care a bit about the ambo snipe situation but with this setup, can you park it inside and use buildings as protection?
20 Jul 2019, 01:14 AM

I absolutly love it. Much tidier.
I do care a bit about the ambo snipe situation but with this setup, can you park it inside and use buildings as protection?

Could give the truck in the base an upgrade to act as an ambulance. :megusta:
22 Sep 2019, 09:36 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

What about to adjust UKF base as well, so none of building and howitzers looking to the offmap direction?
22 Sep 2019, 10:47 AM

What about to adjust UKF base as well, so none of building and howitzers looking to the offmap direction?

I've often thought about it but I didn't deem it as a major problem like the current USF base, plus it would be a more "simpler" fix so to speak.

I definitely agree tho, would be nice to have the guns rotated to the front. It would also cut the time needed for one of the guys to rotate and be ready to fire/start firing.
22 Sep 2019, 12:01 PM

Yes please.
22 Sep 2019, 19:24 PM

Getting this in live would be awesome. Personally I hate that units like 5 meters away from their retreat point (the edge of the pizza base) can't reinforce because the buildings are so far away.
22 Sep 2019, 20:27 PM

I'm honored to see my little worldbuilder doodle gain so much traction.

Rectangle base for live game please! :hyper:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS