Login

russian armor

USF Base Reorganization mod

17 Jul 2019, 19:14 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The original concept is made by Mr. Someguy back in 2015.

It was a shame not to use his beautiful design, so I created the new base in a tuning pack!

Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1807099413
17 Jul 2019, 20:13 PM
Master Modmaker Badge

Looks much better than the vanilla one and finally doesn't have the mg bunkers.
17 Jul 2019, 20:32 PM

Damn dude it's almost 1:1 with the concept picture, nice. I approve.

Maybe the community dev team can put this in the balance patch.
17 Jul 2019, 20:38 PM

it looks really nice and clean
17 Jul 2019, 20:40 PM

This is so much better than the current base
17 Jul 2019, 20:43 PM

wow this is amazing. I love this. +1 for adding to the game pls pls pls pls pls pls pls
17 Jul 2019, 21:15 PM
17 Jul 2019, 22:26 PM

Very beautiful
17 Jul 2019, 22:44 PM

It is god damn fantastic

(Can we swap the OKW flack emplacements out yet too?)
17 Jul 2019, 23:25 PM

Where do units retreat to? The truck in the middle? That would make it pretty unfair compared to other bases because retreating infantry would be much more protected against dives by all the tents and weapon racks around it.
17 Jul 2019, 23:36 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Where do units retreat to? The truck in the middle?

From my tests, infantry retreating to Barracks. Just like in the live version.

That would make it pretty unfair compared to other bases because retreating infantry would be much more protected against dives by all the tents and weapon racks around it.

1. British infantry protected by racks and buildings after retreat. Does it make it unfair to other factions?
2. Ost factions can protect their infantry with constructions. Does it make it unfair to other factions?
P.S. USF infantry at the moment protected by all USF base and even can stuck with some manipulations inside of it. Does it make it unfair to other factions?
17 Jul 2019, 23:39 PM

1. British infantry protected by racks and buildings after retreat. Does it make it unfair to other factions?

Brit infantry still stops in front of their HQ like all other factions and need to be moved into the protection of the base manually by the player.

2. Ost factions can protect their infantry with constructions. Does it make it unfair to other factions?
P.S. USF infantry at the moment protected by all USF base and even can stuck with some manipulations inside of it. Does it make it unfair to other factions?

Same thing as I said above. What I mean is that with this base layout, if units retreat to the truck in the middle, they are protected by structures automatically without player input. No other base in the game has this.

It's just a balance concern from me. If their retreat stopped at the outskirts of this base, like with all other bases in the game currently, then it'd be fine.
17 Jul 2019, 23:56 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Brit infantry still stops in front of their HQ like all other factions and need to be moved into the protection of the base manually by the player. If their retreat stopped at the outskirts of this base, like with all other bases in the game currently, then it'd be fine.

As well as USF infantry. Even more, you can breach inside with vehicles, unlike current USF base.

Same thing as I said above. What I mean is that with this base layout, if units retreat to the truck in the middle, they are protected by structures automatically without player input. No other base in the game has this.

Agreed about UKF, but OST factions still offer easy option for protection with buildings. And your infantry always retreat to HQ, not to nearest building. The only exception in my mind were assault guards (they were retreating to T4 instead of HQ, and it was bug).

And, i believe it can be adjusted by SneakEye if needed :)
18 Jul 2019, 01:05 AM

I definitely find this a lot easier on the eyes. Looks like it would be vastly friendlier on infantry pathing too.
18 Jul 2019, 05:28 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Where do units retreat to? The truck in the middle? That would make it pretty unfair compared to other bases because retreating infantry would be much more protected against dives by all the tents and weapon racks around it.

I must admit that I focussed on pathing and visuals, but completely forgot about the retreat point. Would it be fair to set a retreat point on the Company Command Post?
18 Jul 2019, 10:45 AM

On top of that, USF base occasionally bugs and a SHERMAN TANK
or worse, a Pershing tank, spawns right inside the USF base, and can't
get out.

I think MR. Somebody's base design is 10000% better and I DEMAND
it be implemented now.

I think he also redesigned the british base.

But I don't see ANY reason it isn't like this.
So much cleaner. I-love-it-to-death.
18 Jul 2019, 10:51 AM

So it trades less mg bunkers for a safer Ambulance? hmm
18 Jul 2019, 11:58 AM

I must admit that I focussed on pathing and visuals, but completely forgot about the retreat point. Would it be fair to set a retreat point on the Company Command Post?

I'd say just make sure it works like the UKF headquarters. Infantry retreats to the border of the HQ of whatever side they retreat from and have it require player interaction to move them inside the base (to protect against dives).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 26
Germany 572

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment