Login

russian armor

USF “problems” (mine at least)

22 Jun 2019, 07:30 AM

Riflemen: 1 BAR seems to be too weak, but a second BAR seems to make them too strong

.50 cal: no indicator for the enemy of when AP rounds are on
.50 cal: gunner dies before it can suppress a blob

57mm AT gun: great VS light vehicles, could we combine APCR rounds and focus sight into 1 and make it a free toggle so that Jacksons aren’t the only reliable source of AT vs Panthers and above?

Jackson: it’s 33% better accuracy while moving compared to axis tanks combined with its range and insane mobility is too good
22 Jun 2019, 12:50 PM

im not sure who said it but i remember talk that usf weapon crews have horrible RA modifiers. For ap rounds you can see the gunner loading the gun when activated but it certainly could use more clear indication, something like icon over the unit when its activated.
22 Jun 2019, 13:50 PM

Riflemen: 1 BAR seems to be too weak, but a second BAR seems to make them too strong

.50 cal: no indicator for the enemy of when AP rounds are on
.50 cal: gunner dies before it can suppress a blob

57mm AT gun: great VS light vehicles, could we combine APCR rounds and focus sight into 1 and make it a free toggle so that Jacksons aren’t the only reliable source of AT vs Panthers and above?

Jackson: it’s 33% better accuracy while moving compared to axis tanks combined with its range and insane mobility is too good

I do not agree on Riflemen, I think it's best to just not change them anymore. Their vet 3 RA and accuracy already got nerfed.

I agree on everything said about .50cal. I think 50cal, maxim and dshk should have their death-loop on retreat removed if that is even possible.

57mm AT gun would be overbuffed with this change I think.

If Jacksons are bad, then USF is bad in teamgames. Have fun trying to use bazookas and AT guns vs panzerwerfers, stukas, brummbars, KTs etc etc
There are also maps where you cant flank the elefant, hence Jackson can be useless on those. I would not change this unit even if it is indeed very strong. Maybe a slight movement accuracy nerf is ok.
22 Jun 2019, 15:01 PM

57mm AT gun would be overbuffed with this change I think.

Maybe the toggle decreases DPS or increases reload time or something (High Pen+ 57mms super fast reload and aim time would be nuts for a unlimited toggle). I agree that if APCR toggles on with no disadvantages it would definitely be op.
22 Jun 2019, 18:03 PM

I agree on everything said about .50cal. I think 50cal, maxim and dshk should have their death-loop on retreat removed if that is even possible.

It isn't, else they'd have removed it ages ago.
22 Jun 2019, 18:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2019, 18:03 PMLago

It isn't, else they'd have removed it ages ago.

then the 50cal crew needs to get an additional RA bonus on retreat at least. On the soviet 6men crews this would be too dangerous
22 Jun 2019, 19:49 PM

Well USF has the worst early game of all factions. You start off with no effective combat units what so ever. Both Axis factions have now have their mere engineer units that can 1v1 your only fighting unit Riflemen. Its hilariously broken.
22 Jun 2019, 19:50 PM

im not sure who said it but i remember talk that usf weapon crews have horrible RA modifiers. For ap rounds you can see the gunner loading the gun when activated but it certainly could use more clear indication, something like icon over the unit when its activated.

I think all team weapons' original crews have horrible RA modifiers though, not just USF. .50 cal experiences face wipes all the time because of the long times between bursts it has (at least in my experience). Blobs will just walk up, tank the first burst with veterancy and the stupid volks get less suppression bulletin, and facewipe the .50 before it can even get a second burst off. Doesn't help that it has a worse deathloop than maxim on retreat lol. THat being said, it's still one of the best stock mgs in the game IMO.

+1 about the icon for AP, on the mg42 too.

22 Jun 2019, 21:28 PM

I think all team weapons' original crews have horrible RA modifiers though, not just USF. .50 cal experiences face wipes all the time because of the long times between bursts it has (at least in my experience). Blobs will just walk up, tank the first burst with veterancy and the stupid volks get less suppression bulletin, and facewipe the .50 before it can even get a second burst off. Doesn't help that it has a worse deathloop than maxim on retreat lol. THat being said, it's still one of the best stock mgs in the game IMO.

+1 about the icon for AP, on the mg42 too.

At 280 MP and the mostly useless LT sidetech it had better be the best, and yet it never really feels good enough for me. The Vickers out-DPSes it and the AP feels incredibly weak compared to the MG42 and (to lesser extent) MG34. To such a point that I dont know if it even needs an indicator. The 50 cal should, quite frankly imo, already do big damage to light vehicles, which would perhaps offset some of the LT path's AT weaknesses, though it might be too much and Im really not sure it could be balanced.
22 Jun 2019, 22:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2019, 19:49 PMCODGUY
Well USF has the worst early game of all factions. You start off with no effective combat units what so ever. Both Axis factions have now have their mere engineer units that can 1v1 your only fighting unit Riflemen. Its hilariously broken.

Sturmpioneers yes, Pioneers, no
22 Jun 2019, 22:57 PM

Sturmpioneers yes, Pioneers, no

After the last patch Pioneers can 1v1 Riflemen, perhaps not as consistently as Strums but they definitely can.
22 Jun 2019, 22:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2019, 22:57 PMCODGUY
After the last patch Pioneers can 1v1 Riflemen, perhaps not as consistently as Strums but they definitely can.

Latest patch made no changes to riflemen or pioneers, and they couldn't 1v1 before...
22 Jun 2019, 22:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2019, 19:49 PMCODGUY

No its not broken but sooo boring. USf is the only faction with only one real combat stock infantry. Even brits have somewhat useful engineers at close ranges and with AT Snare they got even more important. So you can say they have a second combat infantry unit. On top of that they have a sniper.

Moving a unit like Assault Engineers somewhere in the USF stock tech structure would be so delighting. USF just needs a few options for the sake of diversity.
22 Jun 2019, 23:08 PM

USF gets 3 different infantry squads by teching, you want more? And the hole fraction is maybe the most powerful in early (depends on the map) because of tanktrap cover and early mortar.
22 Jun 2019, 23:40 PM

USF gets 3 different infantry squads by teching, you want more? And the hole fraction is maybe the most powerful in early (depends on the map) because of tanktrap cover and early mortar.

LOL it only gets Riflemen. Officers arriving free with teching is nice but they are just Riflemen sqauds with a couple miscellaneous abilities.

I don't think they need a drastic change honestly just a small one. Just make Rear Echeleons a starting 5 man unit instead of 4. They would be the only engineer unit with 5 men (besides Royal Engineers and doctrinal Assault Engineers). Then you could spam REs the way OST spams Osttruppen instead of relying on cost ineffective Riflemen.
22 Jun 2019, 23:49 PM

Latest patch made no changes to riflemen or pioneers, and they couldn't 1v1 before...

Yea but axis OP! didn't you know that?
Some players it seems don't realise that the red shield is bad and we shouldn't stand our infantry in it...
22 Jun 2019, 23:53 PM

Really? If you read my post carefully you will notice that I disagreed with CODGUY that the infantry clash of OKW vs USF is broken in favor of OKW. Just take your time to read it again please.

The only thing I said is, that USF infantry play is the most boring in the whole game. As CODGUY said LT and Captain are pretty much Riflemen in combat with the same upgraded weapons. In addition they are limited to 1. Major is more kind of a retreat point and recon ability than a combat unit. Another stock combat infantry unit would really add to more diverse gameplay.

Edit: Please keep in mind, that in most games you skip either LT or Captain entirely for the rest of the game. USF is the fraction with the fewest stock unit choices on the field. That still doesn't mean that they are up. It only means what it says: There are few unit choices and you will play with very few different units.
23 Jun 2019, 07:06 AM

Well, Lt. and Cpt. are almost same as Riflemen.
They just have some skills, not different basic concept.
Even them can use skills when you group them togather.(Riflemen + Lt. + Cpt.)
23 Jun 2019, 07:35 AM

Why should the 57mm AT gun be the best and cheapest AT-gun (except for Raketenwerfer) at the same time?
23 Jun 2019, 09:31 AM

You guys want a little bit too much. I understand that Cpt. are boring, better overwork them to get some other abilities etc.

And the 57mm AT is a genius weapon, it if fine. Why you thing it is too weak? Maybe if you compare it with the UK version, this thing also performs too good. A PaK40 clone with faster rotation.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★