Login

russian armor

Should Panthers/Tank destroyers nullify mediums?

18 Jun 2019, 01:18 AM

Currently, it feels like Panthers, Jacksons and Fireflys make any mediums useless as soon as they hit the field

Also, who though giving a TD, the Panther, anti-infantry capability was a smart idea?

I think 60 range should be reserved for anti tank guns and casemate tanks. I think it could be interesting if Panthers had less HP, and the same range as Mediums (40) instead of the 50 it is currently, and if Jacksons and Fireflies have 50 range instead of 60.

And as I said above, I think the Panther’s Anti infantry needs to be nerfed, as it is a tank destroyer. If I could, i’d nerf its coaxial MG and remove the Pintle MG upgrade, and reduce its cost accordingly.
18 Jun 2019, 02:08 AM

Light vehicles and tanks are almost entirely nullified by mediums.

It's the way of things.

But yeah, the panther pintles are gud balans.
18 Jun 2019, 02:30 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Making AT guns the highest ranged unit primarily would promote AT walls, and as a reaction we’d see more indirect/rocket arty spam. No thank you.
18 Jun 2019, 03:02 AM

Currently, it feels like Panthers, Jacksons and Fireflys make any mediums useless as soon as they hit the field

Also, who though giving a TD, the Panther, anti-infantry capability was a smart idea?

I think 60 range should be reserved for anti tank guns and casemate tanks. I think it could be interesting if Panthers had less HP, and the same range as Mediums (40) instead of the 50 it is currently, and if Jacksons and Fireflies have 50 range instead of 60.

And as I said above, I think the Panther’s Anti infantry needs to be nerfed, as it is a tank destroyer. If I could, i’d nerf its coaxial MG and remove the Pintle MG upgrade, and reduce its cost accordingly.

Except it has less sight and range that all other TD's.

If you give it sight and range, then it can lose 100% of its AI.
18 Jun 2019, 03:36 AM

Making AT guns the highest ranged unit primarily would promote AT walls, and as a reaction we’d see more indirect/rocket arty spam. No thank you.

+1

Although best counter to TDs is AT guns IMO since they can't shoot back. AT guns and combined arms help keep mediums relevant IMO, and I've had good games as USF without even building jacksons.
18 Jun 2019, 08:13 AM

People seem to have this fixation that a Jackson atriving on thw field somehow magically deleted the guns from their medium tanks.

Mediums can still put pain onto infantry just fine. And so long as you didn't build like an idiot, and bolster your infantry AT to support a medium tank army, they work fine. A TD will force it back for repairs, but no TD has the durability and mobility needed to dive through an enemy line to secure a kill and survive. They also don't do anything to your infantry when they don't have a tank to shoot at.

The panther can, but it also lacks the dps and range of TDs, so fair's fair.
18 Jun 2019, 08:21 AM

Some tank-destroyers are too accurate on the move. Bringing them in like would woumd be enough change.

Like many people want, look in Jackson thread.
18 Jun 2019, 11:08 AM

so let's get this straight, u want panther to have less hp,no top mg and range costing the same and leaving comet the same ? why not delete axis at this point ?
18 Jun 2019, 11:21 AM

so let's get this straight, u want panther to have less hp,no top mg and range costing the same and leaving comet the same ? why not delete axis at this point ?

No.
He wants to nerf tank destroyers. Make their range 50.
Panthers would also be made into a proper tank destroyer (ie: No AI. And less health)
But Panther already has range 50, so it wouldn't be much of a change actually.

"And as I said above, I think the Panther’s Anti infantry needs to be nerfed, as it is a tank destroyer. If I could, i’d nerf its coaxial MG and remove the Pintle MG upgrade, and reduce its cost accordingly."

He said Panther cost would go down.

The Comet could have further nerfs as well. Perhaps removing it's turret and engine for a start.
18 Jun 2019, 11:29 AM

Ask yourself why you built the medium tank in the first place.

If you built it to kill tanks, did you expect it to win against a dedicated tank destroyer?

If you built it to bleed infantry, it still does that.
18 Jun 2019, 12:40 PM

Panther is not a tank destroyer.
18 Jun 2019, 12:44 PM

No.
He wants to nerf tank destroyers. Make their range 50.
Panthers would also be made into a proper tank destroyer (ie: No AI. And less health)
But Panther already has range 50
, so it wouldn't be much of a change actually.

"And as I said above, I think the Panther’s Anti infantry needs to be nerfed, as it is a tank destroyer. If I could, i’d nerf its coaxial MG and remove the Pintle MG upgrade, and reduce its cost accordingly."

He said Panther cost would go down.

The Comet could have further nerfs as well. Perhaps removing it's turret and engine for a start.

no u can cleraly see he wants 40 range
18 Jun 2019, 13:22 PM

COH is rock paper scissor game. Panthers and TD should hard counter medium tanks.
18 Jun 2019, 14:23 PM

Imo the game would be in much better stage if the window or opportunity that unit unit remained relevant was increased.

In the case of medium tanks they should a better investment of resources.
18 Jun 2019, 14:32 PM
Patrion 14

Medium tanks are where this game shines and they should be the gold standard against which to balance all antitank and other armour. Anything heavier than that should either come with a gimmick or some sort of restriction.

I am not saying heavy tanks are too oppressive, as they are fairly balanced. But they are balanced by having extremely powerful tank destroyers and AT guns on both sides.

This makes medium armour just another tier in the game to step over. Medium armour should be the highest, most affordable, most numerous armour in the game. Not just for history / authenticity reasons but because they are also fun to play. Their dynamics work fairly well in the game, but they aren't given the space to breathe and come into their own because anything antitank built after the 30 minute mark was buffed to high heavens so that the few commanders with Tigers and IS2s are not instawin buttons.
18 Jun 2019, 16:28 PM

that's not true medium swarm is always effective apart vs jackson
18 Jun 2019, 16:54 PM

Medium tanks are where this game shines and they should be the gold standard against which to balance all antitank and other armour. Anything heavier than that should either come with a gimmick or some sort of restriction.

I am not saying heavy tanks are too oppressive, as they are fairly balanced. But they are balanced by having extremely powerful tank destroyers and AT guns on both sides.

This makes medium armour just another tier in the game to step over. Medium armour should be the highest, most affordable, most numerous armour in the game. Not just for history / authenticity reasons but because they are also fun to play. Their dynamics work fairly well in the game, but they aren't given the space to breathe and come into their own because anything antitank built after the 30 minute mark was buffed to high heavens so that the few commanders with Tigers and IS2s are not instawin buttons.

I think this is the most salient point posted in many of these threads.
18 Jun 2019, 19:29 PM

Panzer is not usless u can hug jackson and kill it but on other hand sherman have no chance versus panther no matter what u do
Anyway i think no changes are needed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS