Login

russian armor

Move Conscripts 7th man from t4 to t3?

20 Jun 2019, 17:08 PM

again if we go cons vs volks, volks upgrade cost more and is worse at long range doesn't give 1 more man, tech cost: 80 10 + 125 10 vs 100 15 + another 100 15 but later

But why are you attributing the 100 mp and 15 fuel entirely to volks? It is a part of OKWs tech cost that ALSO goes towards unlocking units. This is literally what I just said.

Meanwhile the soviet side-techs are for nothing other than those abilities. You have to specifically invest fuel into something that brings you no other returns, besides the 1 single ability. You cant say that about the OKW trucks
20 Jun 2019, 19:22 PM

well yes soviet medic don't cost fu while okw does

btw yes soviet and ost were power creeped thanks to dlc, and required heavy buff to make it up

Sure, no fuel for it -- but it does cost MP, 250 of it. Either way, both pay separately for it so there's no room to argue "it's free" for OKW so I didn't include it in the comparison.
20 Jun 2019, 19:58 PM

Sure, no fuel for it -- but it does cost MP, 250 of it. Either way, both pay separately for it so there's no room to argue "it's free" for OKW so I didn't include it in the comparison.

And even if you DID include it okw has a couple of non doc ways to heal their infantry making it "optional" whereas Soviet have medics alone. One wants to bring medics in technically okw can skip but Soviet cannot. Probably better to just forgo medics in that case...
20 Jun 2019, 20:00 PM

I just didn't want to go down that rabbit hole since it's a complete tangent -- I mean you do get the Commisar squad who has UKF style healing; urban defense's conversion + structure (though that has a fuel cost); and the new airborne has the medic crate drop from the forward post.

All of that is beside the point though since neither one is forced into teching that but as OKW the nades/fausts are auto-teched and so the only apt comparison for soviets' molotov + AT nade.
20 Jun 2019, 21:37 PM

I just didn't want to go down that rabbit hole since it's a complete tangent -- I mean you do get the Commisar squad who has UKF style healing; urban defense's conversion + structure (though that has a fuel cost); and the new airborne has the medic crate drop from the forward post.

All of that is beside the point though since neither one is forced into teching that but as OKW the nades/fausts are auto-teched and so the only apt comparison for soviets' molotov + AT nade.

I did specify non doc healing. Doesn't make sense to talk about doctrinal alternatives when comparing teching costs and core infantry. But like I said, OKW Can skip the medics (and often do because of mech truck meta) while Soviet the medic cost is more or less inescapable.

I agree it's better to not even count it into this equation.
20 Jun 2019, 22:58 PM

again if we go cons vs volks, volks upgrade cost more and is worse at long range doesn't give 1 more man, tech cost: 80 10 + 125 10 vs 100 15 + another 100 15 but later (like a loan), the upgrade does come earlier than cons but the 7th men cost nothing to tech

Have you really just tried to compare Volks with Cons?
20 Jun 2019, 23:11 PM

Have you really just tried to compare Volks with Cons?

Why wouldn't they compare the only t0 units that have sandbags, a snare, flame nades, and cost nearly the same? There are no 2 units more alike....
21 Jun 2019, 09:40 AM

Because Volks are probably the most cost-efficent unit in the entire game whereas Cons rank among the least efficient ones as Penals can do pretty much everything better without the ridiculous MP drain that Cons incur due to their awkward pre-vet performance?
21 Jun 2019, 10:24 AM

Because Volks are probably the most cost-efficent unit in the entire game whereas Cons rank among the least efficient ones as Penals can do pretty much everything better without the ridiculous MP drain that Cons incur due to their awkward pre-vet performance?

Inb4 individuals rush in, screaming how merge and overpriced oorah is better then not having to pay for better flame nades, weapon upgrades and ability to actually win fights without doctrines.

And yes, cons and volks are most comparable infantries in game.
It also shows the massive gap between them just for 10 mp.
21 Jun 2019, 10:48 AM

VG are not allot better than Conscripts.

If one invest 60 munition for ST44 VG become allot better than Conscripts.
21 Jun 2019, 11:05 AM

Your two sentences are not compatible with each other. But let's leave it at that, I am not interested in your usual freshman law school / debate club level of empty sophistry.
21 Jun 2019, 11:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2019, 10:48 AMVipper
VG are not allot better than Conscripts.

If one invest 60 munition for ST44 VG become allot better than Conscripts.

They are better then conscripts, with the same cover, 5 Folk without STG will beat 6 conscripts at any distance.
21 Jun 2019, 11:23 AM

They are better then conscripts, with the same cover, 5 Folk without STG will beat 6 conscripts at any distance.

They should since the are more expensive, even so conscripts perform better once vetted.

Point here is that VG become allot more effective once up gunned. The main problem with VGs is the ST44 upgrade.
21 Jun 2019, 11:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2019, 11:23 AMVipper

They should since the are more expensive, even so conscripts perform better once vetted.

Point here is that VG become allot more effective once up gunned. The main problem with VGs is the ST44 upgrade.

more expensive only on 10 man power, and therefore they should be at any distance right at the start?
21 Jun 2019, 11:40 AM

more expensive only on 10 man power, and therefore they should be at any distance right at the start?

Actually it would be probably be better if they had slightly different weapon profiles and conscripts having a slight disadvantage at long range and slight advantage from 15-20. Making relative positioning important makes the game better imo.

On the other hand currently if you perform the same test at vet 3 I would guess that conscripts would win.

Bottom line here is that its ST44 that makes the difference. Now if they VG received a nerf to better balanced vs conscripts (as they should imo) Penals would also have to be nerfed (as they should imo) or they would completely dominate VG at all ranges.
21 Jun 2019, 12:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2019, 11:40 AMVipper

Actually it would be probably be better if they had slightly different weapon profiles and conscripts having a slight disadvantage at long range and slight advantage from 15-20. Making relative positioning important makes the game better imo.

On the other hand currently if you perform the same test at vet 3 I would guess that conscripts would win.

Bottom line here is that its ST44 that makes the difference. Now if they VG received a nerf to better balanced vs conscripts (as they should imo) Penals would also have to be nerfed (as they should imo) or they would completely dominate VG at all ranges.

It just doesn't make sense. It's not practical to nerf all balanced infantry units instead of buffing the few under powered ones.
21 Jun 2019, 12:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2019, 11:40 AMVipper

There are many ways to balance units, stats is only one way. Another way - economical part. Sometimes decreased price makes units more playable. Looks like many peoples see cons as utility unit and in game we have one unit that much closer this view - osttruppens. Cheap as dirt, could build defensive structures, have snares, very good in terms of loses and resources and also have weapon upgrade. Main problem with cons - very huge MP bleed for very tiny results + investments in their utility upgrades.

We could decrease economical pressure from cons on player and this could makes them better, without any touches to their battle stats. IF you have cheap unit you could deal with huge loses.

21 Jun 2019, 12:39 PM

It just doesn't make sense. It's not practical to nerf all balanced infantry units instead of buffing the few under powered ones.

It makes perfect sense.

There is optimum power level. Balancing units in non optimum power level might have become easier (after of countless buff to some unit) but it is not "practical".
21 Jun 2019, 12:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2019, 12:22 PMMaret

There are many ways to balance units, stats is only one way. Another way - economical part. Sometimes decreased price makes units more playable. Looks like many peoples see cons as utility unit and in game we have one unit that much closer this view - osttruppens. Cheap as dirt, could build defensive structures, have snares, very good in terms of loses and resources and also have weapon upgrade. Main problem with cons - very huge MP bleed for very tiny results + investments in their utility upgrades.

We could decrease economical pressure from cons on player and this could makes them better, without any touches to their battle stats. IF you have cheap unit you could deal with huge loses.

Human wave tactics have been tested and proven problematic vs ostheer. Osttuppen do not have ourah or molotovs and can only be used in cover.

If one turns conscripts to osttruppen the ourah and molotov has to go.
21 Jun 2019, 13:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2019, 12:42 PMVipper

Human wave tactics have been tested and proven problematic vs ostheer. Osttuppen do not have ourah or molotovs and can only be used in cover.

If one turns conscripts to osttruppen the ourah and molotov has to go.

Just what i suggested before.
1. Decreased time to reinforce when T2 building is build.
2. Decreased to 16 MP cost of reinforce when medic station is made.
3. Faster sandbag building instead flare mine.

All these will be much easy to balance that tricks with battle stats. As exeample: if after weapon upgrade (ppsh or svt) cons with such changes will be too powerfull, we could add +4 mp to cost of reinforce (default 20 MP value).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★