Login

russian armor

New Commander Update Patch June 14th

PAGES (14)down
14 Jun 2019, 23:03 PM

why are u ok with bazzoka blob ? aguably thy are better than sherck as they have acces t at nades or are very cheap same for piat blob (which unlike usf is both cheap and has at nade )

Whatabout-ism is not an argument. Besides Zooks and Piats are not even remotely as powerful as schrecks.
14 Jun 2019, 23:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2019, 23:03 PMKirrik

Whatabout-ism is not an argument. Besides Zooks and Piats are not even remotely as powerful as schrecks.

They have a better shoot frequenz than Schrecks. Schreck is stronger, that is the deal.

Every tank can still outrange them, use T34/76 OP maingun and simply one or two shot the PnzGren. (had that today in 2 games).
14 Jun 2019, 23:05 PM

why are u ok with bazzoka blob ? aguably thy are better than sherck as they have acces t at nades or are very cheap same for piat blob (which unlike usf is both cheap and has at nade )

The fact that you need 50% less squads to alpha strike a med?
The fact that shrecks will never bounce of stock meds?

There is a reason why zook/piat blobs don't exist and shreck, whenever possible due to the balance at the time, do.
14 Jun 2019, 23:06 PM

Bazookas deal less damage, 80 vs 120. 2 schrecks = 3 zooks, and because of how Allies vs Axis armor is balanced, zooks have worse penetration.

Piats are much worse attacking, mainly defensive.
14 Jun 2019, 23:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2019, 23:05 PMKatitof

There is a reason why zook/piat blobs don't exist and shreck, whenever possible due to the balance at the time, do.

I never saw a blobb since I play the mod and since release. Are two PnzGrens with Schreck a blobb?
14 Jun 2019, 23:10 PM

Bazookas deal less damage, 80 vs 120. 2 schrecks = 3 zooks, and because of how Allies vs Axis armor is balanced, zooks have worse penetration.

they have much faster reload nad are cheaper + u can put them on what u want, i said arguably more parwerfull blod cause they can have acces to either cheap squad (re or Re) to use them or at nades ( Re and rifle )

piat are not defensive they have 100 damage same accuracy as sherck but zook reload + (as always for brits) piat gets 25 mid range isntead of 17,5 so they have better accuracy too

the thng that sherk got and other don't is pen not dps
14 Jun 2019, 23:17 PM

I like how in your second sentence you bring RNG into the conversation, but in your first you choose not to consider it (what is accuracy?).

Furthermore your math is incorrect. 4 squads x 50% =/= 3.

Erm, zook/piat blobs do exist tho, but i wont fault you for not playing the game.
14 Jun 2019, 23:18 PM

The worst focused AT infantry unit in game is simply Sturmpio (AT package)!

Sturmpio AT upgrade limited to 1 Pzshrek only is rather limited. Has no snares which is what it should not have but they should get access instead to 2 Panzerbursche for the unjust price of 70 ammo.

60 ammo for Penals AT upgrade does 2-3 times better since it does 240 damage in 9 seconds while Sturmpio does half 120 damage. Penals have snares while Sturmpio does not. It is currently the worst and the underwhelming AT infantry focused unit in game! I am quite everyone cries when they have little alternative/options between either AT support weapon or AT infantry unit. Being forced is some way just to pick only one option which is currently Rak only. Sturmpio AT it currently places you in a terrible spot!

Devs and audience, check comment 7 & 9 here on this link. Check also other comments. https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/245957/sturmpio-2-pzshreks-and-revamp-raketenwerfer
I explain why it needs changes and how it is currently unsuitable or not proficient at all in AT the Sturmpio. Did include also Rak for certain reasons also!

USF and UKF although has less penetration and damage with zooks and piats, all in all has way better accessbility especially the addition of using snares. Makes them better than OKW overall has in utility wise, in terms of AT.

OKW is quite lackluster in AT accessibility. Fix Sturmpio AT Devs please. 70 ammo is unjustified and it is currently not potent enough to suit as AT role. For its current performance and price, it is simply underwhelming!!!
14 Jun 2019, 23:26 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invised a post

Sturmpio AT upgrade limited to 1 Pzshrek only is rather limited. Has no snares which is what it should not have but they should get access instead to 2 Panzerbursche for the unjust price of 70 ammo.

60 ammo for Penals AT upgrade does 2-3 times better since it does 240 damage in 9 seconds while Sturmpio does half 120 damage. Penals have snares while Sturmpio does not. It is currently the worst and the underwhelming AT infantry focused unit in game! I am quite everyone cries when they have little alternative/options between either AT support weapon or AT infantry unit. Being forced is some way just to pick only one option which is currently Rak only. Sturmpio AT it currently places you in a terrible spot!

Devs and audience, check comment 7 & 9 here on this link. Check also other comments. https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/245957/sturmpio-2-pzshreks-and-revamp-raketenwerfer
I explain why it needs changes and how it is currently unsuitable or not proficient at all in AT the Sturmpio. Did include also Rak for certain reasons also!

USF and UKF although has less penetration and damage with zooks and piats, all in all has way better accessbility especially the addition of using snares. Makes them better than OKW overall has in utility wise, in terms of AT.

OKW is quite lackluster in AT accessibility. Fix Sturmpio AT Devs please. 70 ammo is unjustified and it is currently not potent enough to suit as AT role. For its current performance and price, it is simply underwhelming!!!

Go ahead and create topic about OP PTRS and underpowered Sturmpios, this one is about feedback to recent changes

I don't want to forget saying thx for adding the "Ghost Sandbagging" fix. No idea if it was my work-around or Janne252. But I am not angry not got get credits.

Also thx for the miles-bomb range fix. <444>3
14 Jun 2019, 23:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2019, 23:26 PMKirrik

Go head and create topic about OP PTRS and underpowered Sturmpios, this one is about feedback to recent changes

For me it seems you don't like the fact, that steam-rolling with early T70 etc. doesn't work that easy anymore. Same for Ostwind, because it can now counter infantry, or PnzGrens arrive at same times as Shocks or Thomons-troups.
14 Jun 2019, 23:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2019, 23:26 PMKirrik

Go head and create topic about OP PTRS and underpowered Sturmpios, this one is about feedback to recent changes

I know but I thought they were going to fix that since it is quite an issue right?

Even then, some people mentioned that the problem was going to be resolved!

PTRS is viable and proficient, no need for changes for Penals. They are simply great as they are. Sturmpio on the contrary is simply underwhelming and lackluster, it requires improvements simply. That is all to it! Nothing more or less!
14 Jun 2019, 23:39 PM

For me it seems you don't like the fact, that steam-rolling with early T70 etc. doesn't work that easy anymore. Same for Ostwind, because it can now counter infantry, or PnzGrens arrive at same times as Shocks or Thomons-troups.
still works pretty well if they don't prepare before hand, especially now that it's bugged and the commander mode makes u invisible but immobile ignoring damage
15 Jun 2019, 01:55 AM

Congratulations to the mod and balance team for an absolute superb patch. As long as the wait was, the result has been well worth it.
15 Jun 2019, 02:38 AM

New patch seems... decent? Not entirely sure about the new coms at first look; some seem a bit weak, some seem to further infantry power creep, but I'll need to test a bit more to really say.

Assault grens still seem very weak, even at vet 3 + the squad leader upgrade. I was kind of hoping for shock level performance, but it's nowhere near that. They're also not tough enough to close-in from range early game, so they can basically only act as flankers. Interesting unit, but still under performing from what I've seen (compared to allied counterparts).

Still need to try the other docs a bit more.

Balance wise main units seem good; the ostwind is pretty solid, which is a nice change.

Either way, it's always good to see new patches (and content) for the game; good work, everyone involved.
15 Jun 2019, 04:01 AM

Did the armor value of the rear armor of the PzIV H and PzIV J change?

Has the XP value of the SU-76 been adjusted?
15 Jun 2019, 04:41 AM

There's good feedback and there's bad feedback. Guess which one this is.

The point stands. If x is an issue and has to get Removed why reintroduce x+ at a later date?
The 5 minute T70 from industry was a disaster, but perhaps if it was to come at 4 minutes....

I guess the feedback is: we don't have frequent eniugh patches to break the game trying amped up versions of things already determined to not work because they are fundamentally flawed by design.
If (when) we relearn that durable units carrying AT that is guaranteed to pen armour frontally on the snap is a bad design how long are we going to sit with it broken? JLI was a few months (the Soviet AT ARTY was patched very rapidly though)

Its frustrating knowing it's a bad idea (knowing because we already dealt with it, just with less durable squad...) and knowing that it's going to smolder and choke out more of the dwindling player base.
15 Jun 2019, 05:15 AM

Could someone tell me why they didn't fix the bofors AA? Is it an oversight? They had fixed it in the final iteration of the mod by increasing chance of shooting down the plane from 0%(!)to 10%.
15 Jun 2019, 05:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2019, 05:15 AMrUSHDiv
Could someone tell me why they didn't fix the bofors AA? Is it an oversight? They had fixed it in the final iteration of the mod by increasing chance of shooting down the plane from 0%(!)to 10%.
Its probably a bug like all the others which are being found in the current live game lol. They will fix all of them soon hopefully. Lets just be patient.
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS