Login

russian armor

Should all infantry upgrade use weapon slot?

Should all infantry upgrade use weapon slot?
Option Distribution Votes
55%
41%
3%
Total votes: 29
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
27 May 2019, 14:38 PM

I mean ……
PPSH for Soviet Consript
German infantry G43 upgrade(Grenadier PanzerGrenadier and Fusiliers)
UKF Infantry section Medic Pack and Flares,and Royal Engineer Heavy Engineer upgrade
27 May 2019, 16:48 PM

But Grenadiers do have an upgrade, they get MG 42's.
27 May 2019, 19:12 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invised a post for excess flame.

Ontopic: Yes they should. I don't understand why PPSHs and G43s do not.
27 May 2019, 19:24 PM

I don't understand why PPSHs and G43s do not.

Because they aren't dropabble? That's just a guess as to the reasoning, but i agree that they should

With cons only having 1 slot, maybe ppsh still shouldn't? Idk about that one

27 May 2019, 20:31 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Because they aren't dropabble? That's just a guess as to the reasoning, but i agree that they should

With cons only having 1 slot, maybe ppsh still shouldn't? Idk about that one

Possible yes, but StGs do not follow this rule, same with thompsons. Although those weapons are so potent that having them not take weapon slots would be game breaking.
27 May 2019, 20:33 PM

PPsh do not take a weapon slot.

Unlike MP-40 upgrade for VG, conscripts can pick up weapons.
27 May 2019, 21:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2019, 20:33 PMVipper
PPsh do not take a weapon slot.

Unlike MP-40 upgrade for VG, conscripts can pick up weapons.

PPSH upgrade adds PPSH guns.

MP40 upgrade adds
-smoke nades
-rec acc bonus
-MP40 guns
Does it add regular nade instead of lava one? I'm not sure, OKW upgrades provide so much additional stuff its hard to track it all down.

If anything, its rather clear case why one takes weapon slot and other don't - you're not buying upgrade for an infantry, you pay muni to change it into completely different squad with different tool kit and same vet.
27 May 2019, 21:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2019, 21:06 PMKatitof

MP40 upgrade adds
-smoke nades
-rec acc bonus
-MP40 guns
Does it add regular nade instead of lava one? I'm not sure, OKW upgrades provide so much additional stuff its hard to track it all down.

If anything, its rather clear case why one takes weapon slot and other don't - you're not buying upgrade for an infantry, you pay muni to change it into completely different squad with different tool kit and same vet.

Flame grenade is replaced by frag grenade (which is a nerf).
(It would probably be easier to track changes if you actually played all faction or even the game)

Ppsh upgrade also comes with "free" "hit the dirt" so you get 2 abilities in one slot. Actually the upgrade is a more attractive than MP-40 upgrade, especially since VG have access to MP-44.

The best thing of the ability is the flamer for SP. That is part of the reason MP-40 is getting a buff.

But that does not change the Fact PPsh DOES NOT take a weapon slot.

Or the fact that MP-40 DOES take both weapon slots. And that is the topic of this thread.
27 May 2019, 21:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2019, 21:17 PMVipper

Or the fact that MP-40 DOES take both weapon slots. And that is the topic of this thread.

But its 5 mp40s vs 3 ppshs right? Not to mention cons only have 1 slot to begin with

I really dont know if ppshs should take up one, but perhaps mp40s shouldnt take up BOTH.
27 May 2019, 21:34 PM

All I know is a double BAR G43 gren is broken as hell.
27 May 2019, 21:38 PM

But its 5 mp40s vs 3 ppshs right? Not to mention cons only have 1 slot to begin with

I really dont know if ppshs should take up one, but perhaps mp40s shouldnt take up BOTH.

The fact that Conscript have 3+3 weapons is benefit not a draw back since the have damage at all ranges.

Imo Ppsh should take all weapons slot or it should provide 6 ppsh.

Bottom line is that weapon upgrades/minesweepers and weapon slots are currently mess and it seems that they are going to become even messier with new commanders. Imo one should try to normalize them across factions.
27 May 2019, 21:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2019, 21:38 PMVipper

Bottom line is that weapon upgrades/minesweepers and weapon slots are currently mess and it seems that they are going to become even messier with new commanders. Imo one should try to normalize them across factions.

Agree 100%. Honestly this is the only thing in this topic Im certain of.

The sweepers especially. The western allied engineers get 5 men and can 2x equip with a sweeper, but pios and CEs with both a sweeper and flamer is somehow too much
27 May 2019, 21:51 PM

I'd be in favour of making all squads have one slot so you don't need to zoom in on the models to see what they're armed with.

We don't have the resources for the major rebalance that'd entail though.
27 May 2019, 22:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2019, 21:38 PMVipper

The fact that Conscript have 3+3 weapons is benefit not a draw back since the have damage at all ranges.

Imo Ppsh should take all weapons slot or it should provide 6 ppsh.

I'm not sure you really want to see conscripts with 6 ppshs running around lol.
27 May 2019, 22:17 PM

I'm not sure you really want to see conscripts with 6 ppshs running around lol.

If there is need to lower their close DPS that can be adjusted.

Currently they have more DPS at long range than SMG units and their DPS does not Drop evenly when they lose models. By the time they have lost 3 models and it is about time to retreat they have only lost less than 25% of their close DPS.

Compared to MP-40 VG or Assault grenadier that lose 20% of their close DPS with the first model they lose is a big difference.
27 May 2019, 22:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2019, 21:51 PMLago
I'd be in favour of making all squads have one slot so you don't need to zoom in on the models to see what they're armed with.

We don't have the resources for the major rebalance that'd entail though.

Maybe just remove weapon drop system?
27 May 2019, 22:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2019, 21:06 PMKatitof

MP40 upgrade adds
-smoke nades
-rec acc bonus
-MP40 guns

In fact I'm worry about coming new balance upgrade,PPsh +7 men squad with reduce refinement cost and in cover bouns……
27 May 2019, 22:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

In fact I'm worry about coming new balance upgrade,PPsh +7 men squad with reduce refinement cost and in cover bouns……

The 7 men upgrade is mutually exclusive with weapons upgrades. That was the whole point, 6 vanilla conscripts are useless late game but 7 men conscripts with either PTRS or PPSH would had been oppressive if they didn't take a weapon slot.
27 May 2019, 23:05 PM

The 7 men upgrade is mutually exclusive with weapons upgrades. That was the whole point, 6 vanilla conscripts are useless late game but 7 men conscripts with either PTRS or PPSH would had been oppressive if they didn't take a weapon slot.

My bad,I forgot that……
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS