Login

russian armor

British base smoke barrage

26 May 2019, 18:23 PM

then dont get the sweeper if you want 5 stens.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2019, 14:04 PMVipper

Again if you prob4lem is the sweepers you should be suggesting that they spawn without it.

There is no reason to buff the unit more and your only argument is the "grass is greener on the other side".

If you want 5 stens simply buy R.E.

By your logic Brits or OKW should never have snares because "if you want them pick doctrine"

Sorry but that argument is the weakest one going. USF mortar, OKW P4, OKW MG34, UKF and OKW snare all prove you wrong

Every faction should have access to basic tools like smoke or snare.

Problem with Brits is their smoke is tied to a forgotten unit (mortar pit) that is only useful in sim city strats. Not mobile assaults that other mortars or ISG afford
26 May 2019, 18:45 PM

By your logic Brits or OKW should never have snares because "if you want them pick doctrine"

Sorry but that argument is the weakest one going. USF mortar, OKW P4, OKW MG34, UKF and OKW snare all prove you wrong

Problem with Brits is their smoke is tied to a forgotten unit (mortar pit) that is only useful in sim city strats. Not mobile assaults that other mortars or ISG afford

Happy to see to that we agree "if you want them pick doctrine" is weak argument because I am tired of reading and you should actually explain that to people who used it.

UKF always had snare, they had actually 3 sniper, gammon and AEC. Now they have 4 and they are in better place.

I never claimed they should not have one thou so you are actually putting word in my mouth, pls stop making "By your Logic" claims.
26 May 2019, 19:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2019, 18:45 PMVipper

UKF always had snare, they had actually 3 sniper, gammon and AEC. Now they have 4 and they are in better place.

A temporary snare locked behind vet1 that doesn't even snare anything above light on a unit you'll never have more then 1 and likely won't have it alife in mid and late game.
An exclusive tech, vet locked RNG based temporary snare on a unit you'll never have more then 1 and likely won't have it alife in mid and late game.
An exclusive end game tech locked, temporary snare that relies on opponent being micro idiot to actually hit.

And you compare that to mainline infantry faust/AT nades?

That's like saying OKW AT doesn't lack anything, because they have shreck sturmpios and panther and puppchen should never be buffed because that reason alone.
26 May 2019, 19:40 PM

REs aren't suposed to be combat troops anyway. Why you would try to make them such is beyond me; if you want a good cqc unit use commandos or the new commanders' assault sections.

Brits do have a lack of smoke early game but you weren't even talking about that before, and sweeper or no sweeper has literally nothing to do with that.
26 May 2019, 19:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2019, 19:34 PMKatitof

A temporary snare locked behind vet1 that doesn't even snare anything above light on a unit you'll never have more then 1 and likely won't have it alife in mid and late game.
An exclusive tech, vet locked RNG based temporary snare on a unit you'll never have more then 1 and likely won't have it alife in mid and late game.
An exclusive end game tech locked, temporary snare that relies on opponent being micro idiot to actually hit.

That's like saying OKW AT doesn't lack anything, because they have shreck sturmpios and panther and puppchen should never be buffed because that reason alone.

1) Read understand respond. What you have written is completely irrelevant with post (even when you only quote part of it and take it completely out of context).

2) If you want to debate something debate your "So use the doctrine then" argument with SuperHansFan, since according to him "that argument is the weakest one going."

3) Since you are looking to start a fight I have to wish to have a nice day.
BB now.
26 May 2019, 19:58 PM

I also didn't claim they needed to do without. I was arguing against them needing to be able to put their sweepers away. Not sure what words you are trying to put in my mouth but I won't have em.
26 May 2019, 20:01 PM

still 5 stens vs 4 with sweeper, former is better.

I would like to see it as an option personally.

Do you want sturms to retain both weapon slots when they upgrade? Cause I always toss piats on my REs, and you can still 2x equip even with the sweeper.

It's a nice trick too, cause if you upgrade the sweeper first then that icon overrides the piats. Can give you a little deception if the player doesnt play close enough attention
27 May 2019, 04:10 AM

Why are you idiots talking about snares and infantry AT in a thread about smoke cover???
27 May 2019, 04:42 AM

Why are you idiots talking about snares and infantry AT in a thread about smoke cover???

Wow dude! Let people free speak...

Imho Brits dont need any kind of buff/new tools. But I guess that's an unpopular one.
27 May 2019, 04:52 AM

Wow dude! Let people free speak...

Imho Brits dont need any kind of buff/new tools. But I guess that's an unpopular one.

I agree, but...

I would prefer them to have non-doc smoke without gimmicky mortar pits, and a buff for the Comet. Neither of these are needed per say, but would be good in my opinion
27 May 2019, 05:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2019, 19:34 PMKatitof

1++
27 May 2019, 05:51 AM
27 May 2019, 07:00 AM

I agree, but...

I would prefer them to have non-doc smoke without gimmicky mortar pits, and a buff for the Comet. Neither of these are needed per say, but would be good in my opinion

They also have it on the cromwell, church and comet as well as the AEC. They don't really lack for smoke. They just don't have the smoke you want... The only faction with more smoke than the brits is the "smoke and flank" faction usf...
27 May 2019, 21:59 PM

They also have it on the cromwell, church and comet as well as the AEC. They don't really lack for smoke. They just don't have the smoke you want... The only faction with more smoke than the brits is the "smoke and flank" faction usf...

All those options come in the lategame though, with the exception of the AEC, and that doesn't really count if we're being honest. It's more of a defensive thing and it doesn't even work properly all the time.
27 May 2019, 23:03 PM

All those options come in the lategame though, with the exception of the AEC, and that doesn't really count if we're being honest. It's more of a defensive thing and it doesn't even work properly all the time.

An AEC can drive in cone of a HMG and pop smoke to block vision. (Some other units can also do that).

When it comes to smoke for UKF, I would test replacing the HE shell barrage of pyrotechnics with smoke rounds. Some other changes would also be necessary like air-bust shell but that is fixable.
28 May 2019, 04:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2019, 23:03 PMVipper

An AEC can drive in cone of a HMG and pop smoke to block vision. (Some other units can also do that).

When it comes to smoke for UKF, I would test replacing the HE shell barrage of pyrotechnics with smoke rounds. Some other changes would also be necessary like air-bust shell but that is fixable.

I know it can do that, I'm just not really keen on risking a 380mp 75fu investment on smoking out an mg. It's just not a sensible play most of the time especially given that both axis mgs can do some good damage to it with incendiary AP. The AEC also isn't particularly fast or manueverable and has pretty bad acceleration so if pathing becomes an issue you're probably screwed, and it can't see 4 miles like the puma to know if there's any fausts or paks around beforehand.
28 May 2019, 07:52 AM

I think the British design is just to have lots of raw firepower, without loads and loads of utility abilities.

That's why you have to make do without lots of things other armies have, but units have really high damage output.
28 May 2019, 08:17 AM

Brit had initially access to smoke through mortar like any other faction. Problem is more of the mortar pit being completely out of design.

But they share that "feature" with OKW with their T1 structure being out of design as well and Leig not so accessible for that reason.
28 May 2019, 08:43 AM

If Brits had the usf mortar ht for a mobile mortar, the lack of smoke wouldn't be an issue
28 May 2019, 11:14 AM

I don't see any harm in adding a smoke barrage to the Pyrotechnics sections. Make it free, but it still triggers the global howitzer cooldown.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★