Login

russian armor

British base smoke barrage

25 May 2019, 01:54 AM

Would it be possible to add a smoke barrage to the British base howitzers?
25 May 2019, 04:35 AM
25 May 2019, 05:05 AM

Oh
25 May 2019, 05:05 AM

Big sad
25 May 2019, 05:06 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Ofc it's possible. We have sturmtiger space programs in this game. Smoke can be easily done.
25 May 2019, 16:28 PM

That'd be nice. Brits hardly have any smoke options without mortar pits until they get tank, which makes playing offensively that much harder.
Ofc it's possible. We have sturmtiger space programs in this game. Smoke can be easily done.

Lul.
25 May 2019, 16:35 PM

I would prefer smoke with sappers with grenade tech

Similar to how USF get it
25 May 2019, 17:14 PM

I would prefer smoke with sappers with grenade tech

Similar to how USF get it

"play the commander that gives sappers with smoke grenades"

My apologies, I simply couldn't resist the temptations.
25 May 2019, 17:18 PM

Give UC a smoke discharger upgrade.
25 May 2019, 17:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2019, 17:14 PMVipper

"play the commander that gives sappers with smoke grenades"

My apologies, I simply couldn't resist the temptations.

They are good but mostly for the fact they have comparable repair to Sturms

Their combat ability is negated by mandatory sweeper
25 May 2019, 18:25 PM

partially offset by being able to get an entire extra model (with a gun)
26 May 2019, 11:12 AM

partially offset by being able to get an entire extra model (with a gun)

It's not offset if you have a mandatory sweeper

Offset would be able to put it away like sturms, but no matter what you will have less combat power than regular RE. Basic maths, 5 stens better than 4

26 May 2019, 11:25 AM

Offset would be able to put it away like sturms, but no matter what you will have less combat power than regular RE. Basic maths, 5 stens better than 4

minesweeper comes "free" without having to pay 30 munition.

The unit is slightly more expensive but it trade utility over firepower compared to R.E. so I am not sure what you are complaining about.

And not there is very little reason that they should be able to put away the sweeper, they unit is already dirty cheap and one of the most cost efficient engineer unit in the game.
26 May 2019, 12:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2019, 11:25 AMVipper

minesweeper comes "free" without having to pay 30 munition.

The unit is slightly more expensive but it trade utility over firepower compared to R.E. so I am not sure what you are complaining about.

And not there is very little reason that they should be able to put away the sweeper, they unit is already dirty cheap and one of the most cost efficient engineer unit in the game.

I never said they were bad so stop putting words in my mouth and attacking me as "complaining".

Back on topic it would encourage more RE builds and diversity, having a bit more power to counter MG with the underutilized upgrade.
26 May 2019, 12:51 PM

I never said they were bad so stop putting words in my mouth and attacking me as "complaining".

Back on topic it would encourage more RE builds and diversity, having a bit more power to counter MG with the underutilized upgrade.

I am not putting words in your mouth.
This is the definition of complaining, about a unit that one of the most cost efficient engineer unit in the game I might add.

Recovery Sappers come as a no tech call in, with "free" minesweeper, tech free AT grenade, tech free smoke grenade, salvage and can do pretty much everything R.E. .They are superior than R.E.

If you problem is the minesweeper than you should suggest removing it instead of suggesting of further buffing the unit with a sweeper that can be put away.
26 May 2019, 13:34 PM

Actually regardless of putting the sweeper away 5 man sappers with the sweeper are still better than 4 man sappers without. The 5 man upgrade offsets the sweeper entirely and still provides a durability buff. Over 4 man sappers. They cost 210mp. They are not intended to give commandos a run for effeciency as assault troops. If you want 5 man sappers without the sweeper the situation is rather simple-don't buy the sweeper and suffer the consequences. Sturms cost 50% more than sappers, they are also designed to operate as front line infantry exploiting flanks. THAT'S why they get to out their sweepers away. Notice none of the other 3 factions with comparably priced engineers can put away their sweepers either? It's very much intended. What makes sappers so special that they should be able to do what sturms, who again are 50% more expensive, can do aside from "I want to be able to do everything because I want to and that's why"?
26 May 2019, 13:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2019, 12:51 PMVipper

I am not putting words in your mouth.
This is the definition of complaining, about a unit that one of the most cost efficient engineer unit in the game I might add.

Recovery Sappers come as a no tech call in, with "free" minesweeper, tech free AT grenade, tech free smoke grenade, salvage and can do pretty much everything R.E. .They are superior than R.E.

If you problem is the minesweeper than you should suggest removing it instead of suggesting of further buffing the unit with a sweeper that can be put away.

Yes you are putting words in my mouth. in the first post I said they were good. Maybe you should read it again or do you want me to qoute it for you?

Again stop dragging the thread off topic and keep it about smoke
26 May 2019, 13:56 PM

Actually regardless of putting the sweeper away 5 man sappers with the sweeper are still better than 4 man sappers without. The 5 man upgrade offsets the sweeper entirely and still provides a durability buff. Over 4 man sappers. They cost 210mp. They are not intended to give commandos a run for effeciency as assault troops. If you want 5 man sappers without the sweeper the situation is rather simple-don't buy the sweeper and suffer the consequences. Sturms cost 50% more than sappers, they are also designed to operate as front line infantry exploiting flanks. THAT'S why they get to out their sweepers away. Notice none of the other 3 factions with comparably priced engineers can put away their sweepers either? It's very much intended. What makes sappers so special that they should be able to do what sturms, who again are 50% more expensive, can do aside from "I want to be able to do everything because I want to and that's why"?
still 5 stens vs 4 with sweeper, former is better.

I would like to see it as an option personally.
26 May 2019, 14:04 PM

then dont get the sweeper if you want 5 stens. seems pretty straightforward....
and my comment was originally that the 5 man squad offsets the firepower drain of the sweeper, which is correct as it maintains 4 stens and increases durability. 4 stens no sweeper is the same output as 4 stens and a sweeper. you dont get this option for CE or ost pios and they manage to get by.they dont even have the luxury of having weapon racks. trying to make a 210mp unit comparable to a 300mp one "just cuz" isnt q good basis of balance.
26 May 2019, 14:04 PM

Again if you prob4lem is the sweepers you should be suggesting that they spawn without it.

There is no reason to buff the unit more and your only argument is the "grass is greener on the other side".

If you want 5 stens simply buy R.E.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight