Login

russian armor

Make Caliope normal

23 May 2019, 07:33 AM

Irl 1 hit would destroy it instanly if you hit the giant-ass rocket rack

So why not make it count 90fuel, make it similar to katushka with 6 instead of 4 barrages, and make it 1-shotable by tanks.

23 May 2019, 08:46 AM

Irl 1 hit would destroy Tiger.

IRL a GREYHOUND actually destroyed Tiger with its 37mm.

Irl arguments are bad and you have no point here at all.
Being inconvenienced is not a reason to soft remove from the game a doctrinal unit.
23 May 2019, 09:57 AM

If the argument is not really evident, the idea is good. Make the Calliope being squishy as any other rocket arty and powerful as any other rocket arty for the same price.

@Katitof, you're watching too much Mark Felton youtube channel ;)
23 May 2019, 10:06 AM

Irl 1 hit would destroy it instanly if you hit the giant-ass rocket rack

So why not make it count 90fuel, make it similar to katushka with 6 instead of 4 barrages, and make it 1-shotable by tanks.

Agreed. Would make sense :) Alternatively, you could make it just very expensive to account for the fact of heavy armour protection (nobody would build it but it could be an option)
23 May 2019, 11:13 AM

I'm all for making it cheaper and more vulnerable. Whatever design choice it's going for at the moment doesn't work very well.
23 May 2019, 14:28 PM

Right now Calliope is basically never used so why nerf something just because it might be used again after the next patch? Wait and see. Even then Calliope is already getting it's HP nerfed in that patch and it can't repair itself so it's already pretty hamstrung if attacked.
23 May 2019, 14:33 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invised posts for being offtopic and trolling.
23 May 2019, 14:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2019, 08:46 AMKatitof

americans often mistook panzer IV's for Tigers so there is a change it never happened.

ontopic:
lowering health of the Calliope would be reasonable since it has been buffed offensively. But don't make it 1hk

23 May 2019, 17:01 PM

americans often mistook panzer IV's for Tigers so there is a change it never happened.

ontopic:
lowering health of the Calliope would be reasonable since it has been buffed offensively. But don't make it 1hk

The Calliope health already got reduced from 480 to 400 in the commander mod, so a faust and 2 tank shots would destroy it.

I wouldnt mind going down to 320 tho
23 May 2019, 18:32 PM

I want to see a source on this, not because I don't believe you, but because that's amazing.

I know there's an instance of a T-70 killing a Panther by shooting it in the arse.
23 May 2019, 18:45 PM

I want to see a source on this, not because I don't believe you, but because that's amazing.

I know there's an instance of a T-70 killing a Panther by shooting it in the arse.

That's similar story.
23 May 2019, 18:57 PM

Its a story, no source but well told.

By the way, I recommend his channel, very well tell about different war facts or stories.
23 May 2019, 23:14 PM

Being inconvenienced is not a reason to soft remove from the game a doctrinal unit.

Sorry. I meant to add /s after that one, but didn’t b/c I thought people would get that it was sarcasm after people point out all the time how realism can’t be in the game if we want it to be competitive.
24 May 2019, 14:05 PM

Actually you're wrong

That greyhound story was a fabrication and there's not any reliable records for it ever existing
24 May 2019, 14:18 PM

Actually you're wrong

That greyhound story was a fabrication and there's not any reliable records for it ever existing

Well, you still have confirmed T-70 vs panther story.

Point stands still, irl arguments have no place at all - every single penetrating hit meant the tank was done for, regardless which tank it was, even if the vehicle was still operational, the crew wasn't.
24 May 2019, 16:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2019, 14:18 PMKatitof

Well, you still have confirmed T-70 vs panther story.

Point stands still, irl arguments have no place at all - every single penetrating hit meant the tank was done for, regardless which tank it was, even if the vehicle was still operational, the crew wasn't.

Yes and no :) Sometimes the crew would have been KIA without penetrating shots. The quality of German steel was much worse towards the end of war. Very often it would brittle and kill the crew with debris and steel spinters without penetration. They would just come off from inside layer of steel plates and act like bullets flying inside a tank.
2 Jun 2019, 15:23 PM

Yes and no :) Sometimes the crew would have been KIA without penetrating shots. The quality of German steel was much worse towards the end of war. Very often it would brittle and kill the crew with debris and steel spinters without penetration. They would just come off from inside layer of steel plates and act like bullets flying inside a tank.

This is known as spalling. HEP rounds didn't even bother with penetrating the tanks, but had a soft head of high-explosive that would squish up on the armor and then transfer the force of the explosion through it.
2 Jun 2019, 15:25 PM

A mortar hit on the engine deck could disable a Tiger lol....

Game needs balance and gameplay directions, not realism to the extent of game breaking nuisances.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★