Login

russian armor

Soviet Core changes commander Revamp Patch

4 May 2019, 19:46 PM

When they make these changes, do they actually believe the maxim buff is a "buff" like it means something or makes it good to use now?

The rest is all good, but I disagree about cons needing to be stronger in late game.
5 May 2019, 13:17 PM

Literally what?!? Penals are absolutely one of the best infantry units in the game and require 0 munitions to reach their full capabilities. Not to mention satchels.

They're easier to shut down with machine guns because of being more expensive so there is less threat of flanks or capping, lacking smoke and sprint and having short ranged grenades. Their only means of flanking machine guns gets destroyed by stock fausts. They lose to OKW's infantry force from minute 0 to the end. To be frank, have people just forgotten how to play the basics of this game while I've been away? It can't be that hard to press the panzerfaust ability, pack down a machine gun with some grens, or put a blob behind cover and A-click.
5 May 2019, 13:43 PM

They're easier to shut down with machine guns because of being more expensive so there is less threat of flanks or capping, lacking smoke and sprint and having short ranged grenades. Their only means of flanking machine guns gets destroyed by stock fausts. They lose to OKW's infantry force from minute 0 to the end.

They received some hefty buffs several patches ago. A Penal Batallion beats a Volksgrenadier squad one-on-one now. Combine that with the M3A1 Scout Car and Soviet can easily take the early game from OKW.

It can't be that hard to press the panzerfaust ability

Ultra-light vehicles have been the meta for a while, so people have got good at kiting with them. Walk a Gren towards a M3A1 Scout Car and it'll reverse away even at mid ranks.
5 May 2019, 13:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2019, 13:43 PMLago

They received some hefty buffs several patches ago. A Penal Batallion beats a Volksgrenadier squad one-on-one now. Combine that with the M3A1 Scout Car and Soviet can easily take the early game from OKW.

Ultra-light vehicles have been the meta for a while, so people have got good at kiting with them. Walk a Gren towards a M3A1 Scout Car and it'll reverse away even at mid ranks.

They may beat volks one on one, but OKW's combat units will outnumber them. All he has to do is blob.

Gren + mg beats clown car + squad without a faust just through firing at it, while costing about the same. Likewise for OKW's units.

Though I suspect you are referring more so to 1v1, where I can see it being more frequent that units are left one by one around the map to be picked off rather than gathered and so the viability may go up.
10 May 2019, 14:32 PM

The bare minimum changes:
Increase XP value of Su-76
decrease AA of quad
toned down the synergy of 7 men conscripts with other abilities like:
repairs
hit the dirt
for the mother land
16 May 2019, 12:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2019, 14:32 PMVipper
The bare minimum changes:
Increase XP value of Su-76
decrease AA of quad
toned down the synergy of 7 men conscripts with other abilities like:
repairs
hit the dirt
for the mother land

: Increase XP Value of SU-76 (Nerf Soviets)
(Stated elsewhere, reduce the AP of SU-76 further, remove their + accuracy
but keep their 120 dmg, have vet increase pen so they scale with mediums once vetted)
: Decrease AA of quad (Nerf Soviets)
: Nerf synergy of conscripts(Nerf Soviets)
: Nerf Conscript Repairs (Nerf Soviets)
: Nerf hit the dirt for conscripts (Nerf Soviets)
: Nerf for the motherland for conscipts (Nerf Soviets)

I have another suggestion :
Need to have all 5 buildings and 13 CP before can make conscripts.
Increase cost, lower health of models to 20, and reduce squad size from 6 to 2,
remove half the mosin nagants and increase cost to 300, increase pop to 101.

This will increase unit diversity instead of conscript spam.

Soviet faction could simply be deleted, and axis factions buffed to keep the game balanced, too.

16 May 2019, 12:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2019, 19:46 PMCresc
When they make these changes, do they actually believe the maxim buff is a "buff" like it means something or makes it good to use now?

The rest is all good, but I disagree about cons needing to be stronger in late game.

- I don't see the point of cons being buffed late game as no one ever makes cons late-game.
It's like buffing kubelwagen around cp 30. What's the point?
16 May 2019, 13:03 PM

- I don't see the point of cons being buffed late game as no one ever makes cons late-game.
It's like buffing kubelwagen around cp 30. What's the point?

This change will actually make cons more attractive late game and increase the odds of them being built. It would be more like making the Kuble move while camod and cap territory even faster.

However the issue with cons now is that between the first weapon upgrades hit the field and t4 they are mostly dead weight. Some sort of mid game bump that makes them slightly smoother transitioning would be enough I think
16 May 2019, 13:12 PM

This change will actually make cons more attractive late game and increase the odds of them being built. It would be more like making the Kuble move while camod and cap territory even faster.

However the issue with cons now is that between the first weapon upgrades hit the field and t4 they are mostly dead weight. Some sort of mid game bump that makes them slightly smoother transitioning would be enough I think

No, it will not, it will make them only cheap food. Their rate of fire bonus works only in the cover and motionless, if you start moving in the cover and will give a penalty on the accuracy in motion that negates this ability. Motionless = easy target. I will continue to insist that these changes are meaningless and uncompetitive for a late game.
16 May 2019, 13:19 PM

No, it will not, it will make them only cheap food. Their rate of fire bonus works only in the cover and motionless, if you start moving in the cover and will give a penalty on the accuracy in motion that negates this ability. Motionless = easy target. I will continue to insist that these changes are meaningless and uncompetitive for a late game.

The moving penalties applies to pretty much to all infatry and some infatry suffer more since some lmg do not even fire on on the move.

There is little difference here the unit does not need be motionless.
16 May 2019, 13:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2019, 13:19 PMVipper

The moving penalties applies to pretty much to all infatry and some infatry suffer more since some lmg do not even fire on on the move.

There is little difference here the unit does not need be motionless.

Yes, it does, but other infantry have weapon upgrades, so they do not depend on static character. Even osttruppenhave MG-42, and a cover-up bonus, but they are not so dependent on him because of the weapon improvement.
16 May 2019, 13:31 PM

Yes, it does, but other infantry have weapon upgrades, so they do not depend on static character. Even osttruppenhave MG-42, and a cover-up bonus, but they are not so dependent on him because of the weapon improvement.

Weapon upgrades... like.... LMG42 or Bren or DP-28 or LMG34(ok, this one is actually powerful AF even on the move)?
16 May 2019, 13:35 PM

The LMG-42 osttruppen have does not fire on the move, they need to be static to take advantage of its DPS.

Osttruppen also have penalties when out of cover unlike conscripts, they are actually much more depended in cover.

Finally conscripts have "ourah" and can move easier from cover to cover.
16 May 2019, 13:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2019, 13:31 PMKatitof

Weapon upgrades... like.... LMG42 or Bren or DP-28 or LMG34(ok, this one is actually powerful AF even on the move)?

My point here is that with a weapon upgrade, even without a cover, an infantry unit has improved damage (and many in motion), increasing the damage of conscripts will depend only on the availability of cover. That's bullshit
16 May 2019, 13:47 PM

My point here is that with a weapon upgrade, even without a cover, an infantry unit has improved damage (and many in motion), increasing the damage of conscripts will depend only on the availability of cover. That's bullshit

IDK, many cases in the late game there is fairly extensive cratering -especially around any area of contention. In those cases it should be pretty easy for conscripts to get their cover bonus near any area that matters AND they can build sandbags so their availability of cover is limited only by their map control/time to build new bags.
16 May 2019, 13:50 PM

IDK, many cases in the late game there is fairly extensive cratering -especially around any area of contention. In those cases it should be pretty easy for conscripts to get their cover bonus near any area that matters AND they can build sandbags so their availability of cover is limited only by their map control/time to build new bags.

Great answer, all other infantry units can use both cover and advanced weapons. But you use only cover.
16 May 2019, 13:52 PM

increasing the damage of conscripts will depend only on the availability of cover. That's bullshit

Excuse me but did you forget about the whole 7th man/rifle thing
16 May 2019, 13:55 PM

Excuse me but did you forget about the whole 7th man/rifle thing

Great, one rifle. it is not even close to one DP-27 worst machine gun in the game. And lose a real chance of improvement by taking abandoned MG-42/34.

16 May 2019, 13:57 PM

So you just want a boring weapon upgrade that would make them LMG Grenadiers clones? How exactly would you argue that that would be good for gameplay?
16 May 2019, 14:07 PM

So you just want a boring weapon upgrade that would make them LMG Grenadiers clones? How exactly would you argue that that would be good for gameplay?

We are not discussing "boringness" here, but real improvements for the draftees. If you don't like boring DP-27, I suggested:

the “Rearmament” ability — when the conscripts were urgently mobilized, the industry was in a catastrophic situations (T0) and didn’t get the best weapon, but over time the industry could eliminate the need for armament (T4):
- replace rifles with an old barrel and a rusty bolt with new rifles with a chrome-plated barrel (improve accuracy) and a smooth bolt (increases the rate of fire)
- replaces Molotov with a grenade
- replace the AT grenade with a on the VKG-40 rifle AT grenade (It was put into service in 1944), increases the radius of the ability.

not boring variat, without ridiculous attachment to cover
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

Russian Federation 32
Peru 20
United Kingdom 42
unknown 7
United States 3
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias